Not a Very Patriotic Thing to Say

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Very Patriotic Thing to Say

Trump cares more about himself than he does the country.

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...WML?li=BBnbfcL

He said, she said aside actions speak louder than words and to that Trump has done nothing to address our growing debt. What hope is there when "republican" presidents have 0 fiscal responsibility...
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

They haven't shown much since Ike. One of the last, if not the last President that had a surplus.
    Last edited by Half Pint John; 06 Dec 18, 05:41.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Well, lets see what Pelosi does in 2019 given that The House is the one that creates the budget legislation. Or, perhaps, you failed to hear the screaming from both sides with Trump's proposal for an across the board budget cut.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.c337bb1601be
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.9a534096b565

So, as long as both sides continue to scream bloody murder if you propose cuts to their pet projects, deficit spending will continue in spite of the record revenues coming into the IRS, thanks to the tax cuts and record job growth.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Who has to sign off on the budget? Who controlled the Congress? Who ask for an additional 16 billion for the DoD to a total of 716 Billion? If we have record revenue coming in why does the debt continue to increase?

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          . . . . Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable.
          Finally an American political leader is willing to say exactly what everybody's been thinking and doing for the last 50 years. We've borrowed against the Social Security trust funds, we've borrowed against and underfunded public employees' pension funds, we've run up public debt at all levels of government, and our personal debt is out of control. We've known for decades that we're saddling our children and our grandchildren with a staggering level of debt. It hasn't been a secret. Donald Trump may be as patently irresponsible as a sailor taking his liberty in Olongapo, but g_ddamn he's honest! He's the first major political leader whose spoken plainly about what the entire country's been doing during the whole of my lifetime. Now more than ever Donald Trump genuinely represents the People of the United States of America.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: whatever's wrong with Trump, he has never represented a whole new disease, merely a symptom. Now I'm more sure than ever that the disease resides deep within the heart of the citizenry, and has been there long before Trump even reached adulthood. Look at Trump. Look at him!. That's your mirror. The Donald is our Picture: we're Dorian Grey.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...WML?li=BBnbfcL

He said, she said aside actions speak louder than words and to that Trump has done nothing to address our growing debt. What hope is there when "republican" presidents have 0 fiscal responsibility...
            And Obama was a malignant narcissist who hated America and who tripled our national debt, but you never minded that.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Finally an American political leader is willing to say exactly what everybody's been thinking and doing for the last 50 years. We've borrowed against the Social Security trust funds, we've borrowed against and underfunded public employees' pension funds, we've run up public debt at all levels of government, and our personal debt is out of control. We've known for decades that we're saddling our children and our grandchildren with a staggering level of debt. It hasn't been a secret. Donald Trump may be as patently irresponsible as a sailor taking his liberty in Olongapo, but g_ddamn he's honest! He's the first major political leader whose spoken plainly about what the entire country's been doing during the whole of my lifetime. Now more than ever Donald Trump genuinely represents the People of the United States of America.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: whatever's wrong with Trump, he has never represented a whole new disease, merely a symptom. Now I'm more sure than ever that the disease resides deep within the heart of the citizenry, and has been there long before Trump even reached adulthood. Look at Trump. Look at him!. That's your mirror. The Donald is our Picture: we're Dorian Grey.
              Good point.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And Obama was a malignant narcissist who hated America and who tripled our national debt, but you never minded that.
                JFC NOBODY is more of a narcissist than the Goldie Locks now in the WH. NOBODY. How many me, mine, and I's slip into a speech by Obama? And Trump, has he ever left then out.
                Fox News and Trump’s Own Adviser Call BS on His Boast About the Economy

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...ut-the-economy

Trump has claimed Ï'm the greatest"More often than Ali. Difference being Ali was.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  And Obama was a malignant narcissist
                  JFC NOBODY is more of a narcissist than the Goldie Locks now in the WH.
                  Is anyone seeing a pattern at work here? Go back to Bill Clinton, to Richard Nixon, to Lyndon Johnson, to Franklin Roosevelt. They were all either supreme narcissists or raging basket cases. LBJ was both. Why do we insist -- year after year after year -- on electing the emotionally damaged and other defective personalities to our highest offices?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Found a good website that explains US fiscal policies, history, causes and effects without needing a business degree to understand. Perfect for someone like me.

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...evenue-3305762

If you look at the US Tax revenues by year you'll notice that it has been growing steadily since 2009, the worst recession since the great depression. The biggest revenue increases took place during this period, not the last couple of years. I know Trump likes to portray the current environment as being all due to his big brain, but he inherited it, just like everything else in his life.

Here's the part that ties into the OP post...

"Once the recession is over, the government should live within its means and spend less. It should raise taxes, if needed, to reduce the deficit and the debt. That will keep the economy from overheating and forming dangerous bubbles."

And what happens of course when that bubble bursts, the economy nose dives.

Now why wouldn't Trump worry about something like that which could effect the USA economy in the long term? Because his main concern is the short term. Voters don't like to hear about tax increases or their programs getting cut.

One was to try to win as much as possible during the mid-term elections. btw what happened to that 10% tax cut he was promising to the middle class during that campaign?

And everything is due to what may happen to when Mueller's report finally comes out. He knows he's going to be in a mess of trouble. He needed both houses in order to try to suppress it as much as possible. Needs as much public support as he can garner.

Long story short - he's doing whatever he can to save his butt.

Comment

Have a look at this SMH https://www.davemanuel.com/2012/09/0...surplus-years/
                      Theo mir ist die munition ausgegangen ich werde diesen ramman auf wiedersehen uns in walhalla

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Who has to sign off on the budget? Who controlled the Congress? Who ask for an additional 16 billion for the DoD to a total of 716 Billion? If we have record revenue coming in why does the debt continue to increase?
                        Who will be raked over the coals by the Fake News Media if the President fails to sign off on the overspending thus shutting down the Government when it runs out of money? Believe me, It won't be the Democrats for insisting on overspending on their welfare programs, or the Rinos.
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

When he doesn't then it won't be fake news well it.

Comment

I've said many times that they're no different from one another. Obama is just more articulate, thoughtful and smarter of the two. But, they're both big government, liberal, presidents.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I've said many times that they're no different from one another. Obama is just more articulate, thoughtful and smarter of the two. But, they're both big government, liberal, presidents.
                              I'll give you articulate-- at least when reading off a teleprompter-- with Obama. I don't think he's more thoughtful or smarter though. I think he's a mediocre intellect, and both shallow and vapid as a personality.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X