Supporting Murder for Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting Murder for Saudi Arabia

This is against what the US stands for. The intelligence summary clearly demonstrates that the Saudi crown prince is involved in the murder, and Trump ignores it because of money.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/polit...ggi/index.html

The Saudis owe us for saving them from Iran in 1990-1991 and Trump believes the crown prince. His 'America First' is actually 'Saudi Arabia first' and the motivation is money.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/polit...bia/index.html

Trump's actions make him complicit in the murder of an innocent.

How much of Trump Tower do the Saudi's own or rent?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

These are a couple of questions that I posed in a previous thread on the same subject. Perhaps a response will be forthcoming on this new thread.

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      So what would you suggest, weakening the US-Saudi relationship, thus engendering a vacuum in Middle East power politics? As you no doubt know full well, nature abhors a vacuum. Who more than any other party stands to gain from an erosion in US-Saudi relations? . . . .

Every US President since FDR has know that the House of Saud is full of sh*t -- but they all did business with them anyway. Clearly it suits US interests to keep the Saud's happy. What would you have done on behalf of this journalist, and would you be willing to see it through, consequences be damned?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

These are a couple of questions that I posed in a previous thread on the same subject. Perhaps a response will be forthcoming on this new thread.

I agree. Are we supposed to bomb the Saudis? Should Trump do anything that would strengthen Iran in the region? Trump has his usual detractors, but seriously, what can he do?

If It makes liberals happy, they should remember that Iran executes homosexuals. It's either Iran or Saudi Arabia. Besides, word in the bazaar is that the Saudi prince is on the outs. Maybe Trump is letting the Saudi's resolve it on their own.
        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
          word in the bazaar is that the Saudi prince is on the outs. Maybe Trump is letting the Saudi's resolve it on their own.
          Maybe that's the best way to resolve this: with as little US input as possible.

Comment

Years ago I had a cousin (gone now) who though in the banking business was also a collector of information for the British intelligence system in the Far East and I would stay with him during any "fly overs" I would have......anyway one of our conversation covered country evaluations and some things I remember regarding country ethics.

British told their boy friends
            French told their mistresses
            Germans told Stazi
            Russians liked their vodka
            Chinese like whiskey and Rolex watches
            Saudis like gold Rolex and good Scotch
            Africans like lots of US dollars
            South Americans and drug lords like US dollars and good Scotch
            Canadians were innocent like boy scouts
            Last but not least..

Americans, yes good old Americans....would sell their souls and mothers for dollars......as we can see with the Saudi Affair and also other evemts ove the years......Guiss that for me off the Christmas list...

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
              . . . . Americans, yes good old Americans....would sell their souls and mothers for dollars......as we can see with the Saudi Affair and also other evemts ove the years......Guiss that for me off the Christmas list...
              Everybody has a price -- even Canadians.

Americans can't be blamed 'cause Canadians' price is so cheap.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle29036300/

But since you insist on being a critic, I'll pose my question to you: what is the appropriate response to this Saudi murder, and what is the appropriate price to pay?

Yes, the critic: "the inevitable afterbirth" of creativity, and responsibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7IUbwFG40

Comment

It's I agree realpolitik.
                One has to remember that the house of Saudi was minor Arabic nobility before WW 1 , and the original Ibn Saud then fought his way through the peninsula.

i guess that we can be the SAudi's guilty conscience.....
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

well put.
                  The murder was horrific and despicable.
                  However, it also appears that the guy was fairly terror friendly.
                  That doesn't justify his murder, but should be considered.

In the greater scheme of things, is this murder more important to our nation's interests that the benefits we derive from a strong relationship with the Saudis in helping to contain Iran.

Reminds me of an old saying: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
                  Feelings shouldn't guide foreign policy.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                    It's I agree realpolitik.
                    One has to remember that the house of Saudi was minor Arabic nobility before WW 1 , and the original Ibn Saud then fought his way through the peninsula.

i guess that we can be the SAudi's guilty conscience.....
                    We need them, they need us: this is a prime example of a symbiotic relationship. Morals -- theirs or ours -- simply don't enter into it. Morals never did. A paraphrase of Charles de Gaulle is most apropos at this moment: nations don't have morals; they have interests.

Grow up people. As a great Quebecois once said, "big boys put on the big boy pants."

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      However, it also appears that the guy was fairly terror friendly.
                      I'm not willing to go that far, only that he must have pi$$ed off someone high up the food chain. For that I'm sure that there's a reserved table in hell for the perpetrators -- but we don't elect presidents to play Jiminy Cricket, to be fathers-confessor, to be our moral conscience. We elect presidents, prime ministers, chancellors, et al, to see to our nations' interests. Period. In his usual clumsy and hamfisted way, that's what Trump is doing now. It's inelegant, it hasn't the flourish that FDR's demotion of George Earle had, but the reality is the same: ignoring a genuine crime in pursuit of the Republic's higher interests. I mean, who in his right mind would have a president do any less?

Comment

Everybody has a price -- even Canadians.

Americans can't be blamed 'cause Canadians' price is so cheap.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle29036300/

But since you insist on being a critic, I'll pose my question to you: what is the appropriate response to this Saudi murder, and what is the appropriate price to pay?

Yes, the critic: "the inevitable afterbirth" of creativity, and responsibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7IUbwFG40

America should stay out of this one. there is no upside, and plenty of downside.

Let us never forget that Lil' Bush let the Saudis get away with 9/11, even flying the family of bin Laden out of America to keep them safe, and Obama bowed to the Saudi royalty.

What we should do, and what is practical, are worlds apart.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          This is against what the US stands for. The intelligence summary clearly demonstrates that the Saudi crown prince is involved in the murder, and Trump ignores it because of money.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/polit...ggi/index.html

The Saudis owe us for saving them from Iran in 1990-1991 and Trump believes the crown prince. His 'America First' is actually 'Saudi Arabia first' and the motivation is money.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/polit...bia/index.html

Trump's actions make him complicit in the murder of an innocent.
                          False :
                          1 It was not a murder
                          2 The man was no innocent : he was an opponent of KSA and a supporter of AQ
                          3 The billions of the arm deal with KSA are more important than the life of an enemy of the US
                          4 The victim was a KSA citizen, he was killed by the KSA police, and it happened in KSA : conclusion : a retired USMC officer has no business with what happened .

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            America should stay out of this one. there is no upside, and plenty of downside.
                            That's what I'm thinking: this is one of those situations when any president's -- Trump's, Obama's, et all -- choices are limited to bad, and worse. Maybe sitting quiet on the sidelines is for the best.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            What we should do, and what is practical, are worlds apart.
                            As you've no doubt observed, it's easy on an internet forum to ignore the practical, and to bleat on about the moral, like a seminarian, or a boy scout, or a university campus activist.

Comment

Somehow I just can't see this as but a drop in the bucket compared to all the innocents killed by Obama's drone strikes. If one life lost as collateral damage in the war on "terror" is a tragedy then what about tens of thousands?
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X