Unreasonable Security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreasonable Security?

Is the Federal Government abusing our liberties in the name of security? The following news story indicates that Federal Agents are exceeding their authority on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnicMKKSReY&t=335s

The breakdown in civil society is undoubtedly spilling over the border but are there better ways to maintain law and order?
    We hunt the hunters

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who watches the watchers?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I've seen that one before. It looks like the only Patriotic thing about the Patriot Act is defying it.

Its like that scumbag Mueller, fishing for crimes with roadblocks that are supposed to be there for one specific things. If that many Border Patrol were at the borders, instead of 100 miles north of it, they could do some good instead of some evil.
      Maybe the poor little fellas can't handle the rocks that get thrown at them.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I found the Pastor's trial, part one seems to be missing, but man is it ever cool to see these guys rake the BP agents over the coals-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c6Kh30vVeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdC7c9iWdmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW08DtoicAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW08DtoicAI
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Weird. I've gone through those checkpoints dozens of times. Mostly the BP looks in the window, then waves you on. I'm betting there's a lot more to those videos than what's presented. I've never been asked to present an ID either. I'm smelling a false narrative going on in the OP video.

Also, all the checkpoints in AZ are within about 25 miles of the border. There are none further into the US. The ones I've been through are generally in Cochise or Santa Cruz county, one or two might be in La Paz.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Weird. I've gone through those checkpoints dozens of times. Mostly the BP looks in the window, then waves you on. I'm betting there's a lot more to those videos than what's presented. I've never been asked to present an ID either. I'm smelling a false narrative going on in the OP video.

Also, all the checkpoints in AZ are within about 25 miles of the border. There are none further into the US. The ones I've been through are generally in Cochise or Santa Cruz county, one or two might be in La Paz.
            Thanks for responding, I'm sure that Stossel's born again libertarianism influences all of his work. On the other hand there are some unhealthy aspects to the response to 9/11.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              Is the Federal Government abusing our liberties in the name of security? The following news story indicates that Federal Agents are exceeding their authority on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnicMKKSReY&t=335s

The breakdown in civil society is undoubtedly spilling over the border but are there better ways to maintain law and order?
              The video you provided contains insufficient information on which to base a well-reasoned decision.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

The video you provided contains insufficient information on which to base a well-reasoned decision.
                I was hoping people had some first hand information. I can dig around some but the video just popped up in my recommendations and I was curious.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Thanks for responding, I'm sure that Stossel's born again libertarianism influences all of his work. On the other hand there are some unhealthy aspects to the response to 9/11.
                  I've never had a problem at any of these Arizona checkpoints:

I 19 south of Agua Linda Farms exit
                  AZ 286 on Sasabe Rd south of Kitt Peak National Observatory
                  AZ 86 South of Why on the way to Lukeville
                  AZ 90 About halfway between Whetstone and Kartchner Caverns state park
                  AZ 80 at the junction to AZ 82
                  AZ 95 between Quartzite and Yuma.

Same goes for the I 10 one on the way to San Diego in California.

I have been asked at the AZ 95 one a couple of times why I'm driving that way by the BP guy at that checkpoint (it is never busy, in fact you're usually the only car going through for like 10 to 15 minutes or more and it's out in the exact Middle-of-Nowhere for real) why I'm going that way. I just tell him I like to take different routes to and from Cali when I go. It's more friendly conversation given he's probably bored to death manning that outpost. This is a pretty good idea of what it looks like there:

You have to watch it in the monsoon season though, the dips are washes that can flood and cross the road washing it out, etc.

Comment

Yes unfortunately this is what happens when the majority of our population prefers a more authoritarian style government and police force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcP_t3xY8E

(anyone know when his show is coming back?)
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I was hoping people had some first hand information. I can dig around some but the video just popped up in my recommendations and I was curious.
                      You can always check Wikipedia. That seems to be a popular venue on this forum.
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X