Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Visits California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

    The private landowners are the ones that get slapped with the fines if they dare to clear the brush further away from their homes because of some endangered mice and other rare creatures.
    https://www.kcet.org/redefine/califo...ngered-species
    The politicians in California have created this mess over the years. It is not just the forests going up in flames.
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...r05-story.html
    Here's an actual case, and permit from the CCC.

    https://documents.coastal.ca.gov/rep...017-report.pdf

    It runs 13 pages of document, and took the guy four (4) months to get.

    Here's a case where the CCC refused to allow brush clearance that obviously needed to be done.

    http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/08/local/me-creek8

    And, it isn't just the CCC, it's Leftist environmental groups that oppose much or all of this sort of prevention:

    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...res_worse.html

    This is California's fault, not nature's.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by American87 View Post

      I intentionally left it to the Never-Trumpers to turn these peoples tragedies into a political hit. You’re as predictable as fish in a pond.
      Didn't Trump turn it into a political hit by insulting firefighters and blaming them?

      You guys sure like to dish it out but whine like babies when it's returned. Grow a pair.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

        Didn't Trump turn it into a political hit by insulting firefighters and blaming them?

        You guys sure like to dish it out but whine like babies when it's returned. Grow a pair.
        Riiiiiight. I see what you're doing. Anyway, yes we should get rid of political parties. Trump was trying to get the firefighters to be more efficient. The optics offended sensitive people, but he is there now, isn't he?
        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

        "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by American87 View Post

          Riiiiiight. I see what you're doing. Anyway, yes we should get rid of political parties. Trump was trying to get the firefighters to be more efficient. The optics offended sensitive people, but he is there now, isn't he?
          Now you're calling firefighters sensitive.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

            The private landowners are the ones that get slapped with the fines if they dare to clear the brush further away from their homes because of some endangered mice and other rare creatures.
            https://www.kcet.org/redefine/califo...ngered-species
            The politicians in California have created this mess over the years. It is not just the forests going up in flames.
            https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...r05-story.html
            Hi SRV Ron

            I don't doubt that they've been instances where what your referring to has taken place, but I fear it would be a stretch to suggest that such instances
            were in the majority.

            Regards

            Andy H
            "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

            "I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

              Now you're calling firefighters sensitive.
              I know very sensitive firefighters
              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

              "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                California is asking or billions more in disaster funding while they refuse to manage their forests.
                Good lord man,.... Another swing -- another miss. What is wrong with you?

                "Of the approximately 33 million acres of forest in California, federal agencies (including the USDA Forest Service and USDI Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service) own and manage 19 million acres (57%). State and local agencies including CalFire, local open space, park and water districts and land trusts own another 3%. 40% of California's forestland is owned by families, Native American tribes, or companies. Industrial timber companies own 5 million acres (14%). 9 million acres are owned by individuals with nearly 90% of these owners having less than 50 acres of forest land."

                https://ucanr.edu/sites/forestry/California_forests/

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X