No announcement yet.

Why we must win the trade war with China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once in a while, you might want to get some information from a source that isn't owned by Democrats.

Originally posted by craven View Post

btw why have 5000k troops on the border when they could be in Cali just saying
    Totally off-topic, but that's a great question!

I guess if we had troops on the border there, trying to keep the invaders out, the Californians would be shooting them in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      Once in a while, you might want to get some information from a source that isn't owned by Democrats.

Totally off-topic, but that's a great question!

I guess if we had troops on the border there, trying to keep the invaders out, the Californians would be shooting them in the back.
      lol ok that a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

Despite your hate for the TDSL and unwavering (dog-like) support for the Great Orange Twit, history informs us that nobody ever wins trade wars.

So yap away. In the end no one will win this ill-advised trade war, and the world economy will suffer for it.
        Still arguing like a nasty little child, I see. And stop waiting for somebody to ask what your 4-letter acronyms mean, nobody cares.

Trade war
        A trade war is an economic conflict resulting from extreme protectionism in which states raise or create tariffs or other trade barriers against each other in response to trade barriers created by the other party. Increased protection causes both nations' output compositions to move towards their autarky position
        China is already at war with us under that definition.
        I know you guys hate it when the USA take action to defend against this sort of aggression, but popular do you think this attitude will make you with people who want to work for a living?

Comment

Still arguing like a nasty little child, I see. And stop waiting for somebody to ask what your 4-letter acronyms mean, nobody cares.

China is already at war with us under that definition.
          I know you guys hate it when the USA take action to defend against this sort of aggression, but popular do you think this attitude will make you with people who want to work for a living?
          All I know is my very conservative portfolio of investments has taken a hit because of the GOT's trade war. You may remember the stock market was in a stable growth cycle until he started this crap. Its ongoing volatility is due in part to the trade war. Talked with two investment advisors in the past few weeks. The news was not good and the outlook is worse unless the GOT stops this idiocy.

I am nearly certain you will answer with something hateful, and I look forward to it.

Comment

All I know is my very conservative portfolio of investments has taken a hit because of the GOT's trade war.
            Which one, exactly?

Not a single person you have spoken to believes that a better deal for the US could possibly help our economy?
            Strange... I suggest you expand your circle a bit.

You may remember the stock market was in a stable growth cycle until he started this crap. Its ongoing volatility is due in part to the trade war.
            What dates do you assign to that cycle?

I am nearly certain you will answer with something hateful, and I look forward to it.
            Why? You didn't say anything that was deliberately offensive, this time.

Chine is the one that is on the ropes, its time to stop whining about what might happen and get that better deal right now, one for the long-term.

China’s leaders have panicked at the slowdown and have started the credit flow again with lower interest rates, higher bank leverage and more debt-financed, government-directed infrastructure spending. Of course, this solution is strictly temporary. All it does is postpone the day of reckoning and make the debt crisis worse when it does arrive.
            https://dailyreckoning.com/rickards-...dy-to-explode/

A certain amount of hype there, too pessimistic by about 30%, but what China is doing ain't even working for them.
            Things need to change, NOW.

And the other signs that things are not working are all over the place in China, in ways that just can't be covered up;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iINI81nvbAs

The time to strike is now, not later.

Comment

People go to war because the current situation is so intolerable that fighting is preferable to going along with the status quo, especially if going along means putting up with invasion and theft.
              Have you ever heard of what China steals from us every day over the internet or via copyright infringement?

And if their tariffs are a dozen times what ours are, how the hell does balancing that out make us (or Trump) the bad guy?

Yeah, I know, everyone on the Left has to automatically attack anything and everything ever done or said by Trump, that's part of their mass hysteria... but why listen to the equivalent of millions of whining children who have never, and never will, have anything different to say?
              Surely it's not a Good Guy /Bad Guy situation:- or even a Left /Right situation.
              The US raises tariffs: China raises tariffs in retaliation:- who wins ?

"I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Surely it's not a Good Guy /Bad Guy situation:- or even a Left /Right situation.
                The US raises tariffs: China raises tariffs in retaliation:- who wins ?
                So it does not matter that China is the one that started with jacked-up rates in the first place, eh?

All I am getting here is that China could go full-Mafia and everyone would be okay with their dinky little share because they won't stick their necks out... its too scary out there to interfere with the transfer of wealth to China.
                Did you ever think that your kids might see it differently?
                At the rate we are going, they will be the next Mao's debt slaves in 20 years.

Comment

It's necessary to get China to actually do something about the protection of intellectual property in China, opening the Chinese economy to foreign investment that is not controlled by the CCP, reduce subsidised massive Chinese overproduction of steel, etc.

The question is if a unilaterally declared US trade war with China is fit for purpose. Not least if it's going to kick off in tandem with a similar one with the EU...

Comment

So it does not matter that China is the one that started with jacked-up rates in the first place, eh?

All I am getting here is that China could go full-Mafia and everyone would be okay with their dinky little share because they won't stick their necks out... its too scary out there to interfere with the transfer of wealth to China.
                    Did you ever think that your kids might see it differently?
                    At the rate we are going, they will be the next Mao's debt slaves in 20 years.
                    Of course it matters, but,tell me , how will the US "win" ? What will be the victory conditions ?
                    It might give some people a warm glow in their loins with the thought that the US is teaching the Chinese a thing or two about fair trading, but what would be the pay-off ?

(My Children are Australian,by the way and China is our most important trading partner)
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Please name a single trade war in modern times that had a clear winner. Provide source/s.
                      WW2. Japans unconditional surrender...……..The united states won.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post

WW2. Japans unconditional surrender...……..The united states won.
                        Not a trade war.

Comment

Not a trade war.
                          just one opinion to dispute that...…………

http://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=1930

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Of course it matters, but,tell me , how will the US "win" ? What will be the victory conditions ?
                            It might give some people a warm glow in their loins with the thought that the US is teaching the Chinese a thing or two about fair trading, but what would be the pay-off ?

(My Children are Australian,by the way and China is our most important trading partner)
                            (then Trump won't have much to do with their policy)

A reduction in Chinese Tariffs.
                            Period.

Look, maybe we should just have one simple policy with regards to Tariffs; the Mirror Policy.
                            Whatever anyone hits our products with, they get the same in return. No incremental nonsense, no argument, just slap their products with exactly the same fees and restrictions the do with ours.
                            .... or would they just lie about that, too?

Comment

Jack Ryans solution, I liked it then, I like the idea now and cut out subsidies
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I think you have to define winning. Winning is not about a one off event. It is about an iterated game that people will keep playing but more importantly the proliferation of games so that there are many winners. The Chinese government does not have the developmental history to see the world as a iterated series of games with multiple winners. Communism is the delusion of a final game or the end of history. That this is a characteristic of all nationalistic states that are not liberal democracies should be self evident. Trump is proposing a set of iterative games that while competitive are not about a final victory. People will not play a game for long when there are cheaters or no chance of winning.
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X