Republicans and Racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

PragerU is a RW blog. You don't even know where you're going wrong relying on elitist think tanks for info. Wow! Better wake up soon son.
    Laddie, no doubt the Professor has a better understanding of history than you. Why don't you believe her...because she is a woman.....because she is black?????
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post

USA! USA! USA! USA!

or as Trumps rally song goes, “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need”
      Harley Davidson is currently getting better sales overseas than in the US where their sales are now in decline. I guess millennials don't find motorcycle riding quite the fun their parents did...

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...-to-worse.aspx

Polaris, mentioned in the article, on the other hand has seen their sales of off-road ATV climb dramatically in the US. Seems these are more popular now.

Comment

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
        If you haven't noticed already, Donald lies for a living. Now you think he's telling you the truth? lmao. Corporate policies do nothing for the middle class, haven't you learned that yet?
        Corporate policies produce goods and/or services to the market place that consumers of all "classes" want or need, from food to clothing, shelter, vehicles, entertainment, "luxuries", etc.

Most corporations are publicly owned, meaning they have issued stock (shares of ownership), which many people, especially "middle class", have as either direct investment plans or indirect ones via their IRAs or 401Ks that invest in corporate stocks. The hope and desire of those invested/owning corporate stocks is that they will increase in value and also pay dividends, which are the result of profitable operations by those corporations.

Corporations also provide jobs, often with the sort of income and benefits that provide a "middle class" income and lifestyle to their workers. Data indicates that in most cases the pay and benefits to workers are larger/greater if working for large companies/corporations than for small companies.

Apparently you haven't learned anything about economics, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were one living off of others, likely the taxpayers(if not your parents).

"imao" = In My Asinine Opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Let's go to the extreme. When race is in every thought isn't that also racism?

There are a couple YouTube vids by American woman about life in Germany. Good and interesting. But the title of their vids are "Life of a BLACK woman in Germany" Why the black and not just an American woman? I call it racism. For what it is worth. Friday I talked to an American Black lady who had spent a couple years in the Army here in Germany. Went back to the US after she was finished with the mil and spent several years at home. She said the racial tension was so high that she retruned to Germany where they seem to do a much better job of following MLK
          Germany has improved greatly in this regard from where it was about 60-70 years ago.

My second wife(mother of our two sons) was born in 1953 to a Germany(white) mother and an American GI (not married to her) whom was a Black and as best could be determined years later from the Dominican Republic. Germany of the 1950s was still recovering from the devastation of WWII and many Germans were barely surviving or having enough to eat, implication being her mother resorted to rather "desperate" measures to survive. My ex-wife had memories of begging on the streets when a child of ages 3-5.

At that time Germany had a "policy" of placing these mixed race and "undesirable" children with GI families via adoption, to get them out of the country. At about the age of five, my ex-wife was adopted by a Black, African-American couple stationed there, whom were from the Chicago area. They also adopted a mix-race boy at that time, so she had a "brother", (not genetically related).

Like most "Army brats", they grew up living in various parts of the country depending on where their (adoptive) father was stationed. His last posting was here in the PNW, at what was known as Fort Lewis, Tacoma area. She graduated from high school in Tacoma and when her father completed his time in service and her parents returned to Chicago home, she opted to stay out here, which is how I was able to eventually meet her (and her brother whom also opted to remain in the PNW).

Would seem the younger, post-war generation of Germans are more racially tolerant than WWII era parents, and have set cultural and legal policies reflecting that.

Comment

• Thanks for your history.

My wife dob is 1943. her brother and sister are older. My wife detest racism. The younger gen??? under say 60 or so are in general less racist but many/most of the Alt Right here are under 40 or even 30.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Thanks for your history.

My wife dob is 1943. her brother and sister are older. My wife detest racism. The younger gen??? under say 60 or so are in general less racist but many/most of the Alt Right here are under 40 or even 30.
              I may have over generalized the generational aspect. Racism has a range of factors that seed and encourage it. My impression is that fewer Germans are as "racist" today as were back in the 1930-1950s.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

I may have over generalized the generational aspect. Racism has a range of factors that seed and encourage it. My impression is that fewer Germans are as "racist" today as were back in the 1930-1950s.
                Full agreement there, except for the North Africans and Middle Easterners who were coming into the country in large numbers. They are not needed nor wanted for the most part. Those fleeing war zone, welcome. Those for the economics, stay home.

I haven't ask any of the "younger" people the question of Would it matter if your daughter started dating a refugee? Might lead to an interesting discussion and reflection.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  A thoughtful piece from Carol Swain, the big question is why is the MSN trying to rewrite history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OURy5WFp0zk
                  Agreed, she makes many valid points, which the MSM and especially the Democrats tend to ignore and/or sweep under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Harley Davidson is currently getting better sales overseas than in the US where their sales are now in decline. I guess millennials don't find motorcycle riding quite the fun their parents did...

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...-to-worse.aspx

Polaris, mentioned in the article, on the other hand has seen their sales of off-road ATV climb dramatically in the US. Seems these are more popular now.
                    Millennials are buying sport bikes and not slow harleys.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      What is it with right wing posters not being able to comprehend simple English? What was being discussed was people being opposed to family members marrying outside their race. Has nothing to do with who you want to marry on an individual basis. Marry whoever you want, but to step in and oppose someone else's choice on the basis of race, is racist.
                      The truth often hurts.

My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Millennials are buying sport bikes and not slow harleys.
                        They can't afford Harley's.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

They can't afford Harley's.
                          Price doesn't matter, Harley's are for old people that just want to cruise, the younger generation is going to find more excitement in bikes that are fast and sporty.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

The truth often hurts.

Your comprehension skills are remedial at best, you won't know what the truth is until you the show the ability to accurately interpret what's being communicated to you.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Your comprehension skills are remedial at best, you won't know what the truth is until you the show the ability to accurately interpret what's being communicated to you.

Waiting for your next thread crying about racism.
                              My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Price doesn't matter, Harley's are for old people that just want to cruise, the younger generation is going to find more excitement in bikes that are fast and sporty.
                                Is that why they are buying BMWs that do 170 MPH?
                                My worst jump story:
                                No lie.

~
                                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X