Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republicans and Racism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Why is it I have to produce sources but the person that claims most racists are blacks (based on who knows what) isn't even questioned? No more double standards and hypocrisy on race, I'll gladly link to my source when he links to his.
    Because you can't?
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

    ~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      It's just awfully peculiar that one side gets to make generalized accusations without one shred of evidence, yet when I post data to refute your claim there's instantly contention and demand for sources. Where were those demands when you were criticizing blacks?

      I have a close relative who married someone white, no one on my side of the family cared, while it was an issue for some members of the other family.

      I've also seen relationships end because the black boyfriend wasn't allowed anywhere near her mother and father and eventually they made her choose.
      It's even more awful that you can't grasp why.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

      ~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

        Yup, blacks get the raw deal because their crime stats are higher than any other race by percentage. Understand those numbers now? What is also alarming is that black women have the lowest marriage rate of any other race? Do you want to go there?
        Your argument is that racism is justified based on those statistics. Already know where you stand, so there's no point in beating a dead horse.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

        The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

          It's even more awful that you can't grasp why.
          No I know exactly why. People's reasoning behind being racist has never changed, it never will. Most are just more polite about it now, but the mentality and amount of people with your mentality has not changed. If anything it has grown.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

            Your argument is that racism is justified based on those statistics. Already know where you stand, so there's no point in beating a dead horse.
            I agree with you. Some racists are completely immune to reason and common sense.

            For years I tried like crazy to get along with an openly racist neighbor. This came to a screeching halt after I politely told him his constant use of the N word was offensive to me. I went so far as to patiently explain my reasons, thinking he would at least be thoughtful enough to constrain himself somewhat. Of course, it made him worse.

            Finally, I told him off in no uncertain terms, as a no-good racist. He said he was deeply offended because I was saying he was stupid. I cleared that up instantly by telling him he was stupid and there was no cure for it except death. We haven't spoken in years, and I now wonder why I hadn't set him straight much, much sooner.

            The moral to my story is: Keep calling them out, but don't expect it to do any good.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

              No I know exactly why. People's reasoning behind being racist has never changed, it never will. Most are just more polite about it now, but the mentality and amount of people with your mentality has not changed. If anything it has grown.
              Well, it's apparent that you don't know why or you would agree with it. Typical!
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

              ~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                Your argument is that racism is justified based on those statistics. Already know where you stand, so there's no point in beating a dead horse.
                Ask yourself this, why do blacks want to marry out of their race more than others? There is the answer.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

                ~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                Comment


                • #83
                  Don't mistake stupidity for racism.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                  "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    It's just awfully peculiar that one side gets to make generalized accusations without one shred of evidence, yet when I post data to refute your claim there's instantly contention and demand for sources. Where were those demands when you were criticizing blacks?

                    I have a close relative who married someone white, no one on my side of the family cared, while it was an issue for some members of the other family.

                    I've also seen relationships end because the black boyfriend wasn't allowed anywhere near her mother and father and eventually they made her choose.
                    That’s a far cry from 54% of blacks.
                    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                    "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

                      I agree with you. Some racists are completely immune to reason and common sense.

                      For years I tried like crazy to get along with an openly racist neighbor. This came to a screeching halt after I politely told him his constant use of the N word was offensive to me. I went so far as to patiently explain my reasons, thinking he would at least be thoughtful enough to constrain himself somewhat. Of course, it made him worse.

                      Finally, I told him off in no uncertain terms, as a no-good racist. He said he was deeply offended because I was saying he was stupid. I cleared that up instantly by telling him he was stupid and there was no cure for it except death. We haven't spoken in years, and I now wonder why I hadn't set him straight much, much sooner.

                      The moral to my story is: Keep calling them out, but don't expect it to do any good.
                      What race are you? According to Ancestry?
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

                      ~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

                        Ask yourself this, why do blacks want to marry out of their race more than others? There is the answer.
                        Because whites are superior? That's the answer you're looking for, but of course you're not racist.

                        Blacks typically don't judge by race and are thus more open to dating outside of it. That is, blacks don't have tribal, us vs them, views on race. Additionally, when you're a minority and around nothing but whites, your dating prospects are going to be limited unless you open yourself to other races. For instance, who is an African American supposed to date if he's the only one in his school? Another factor is that our heritage and roots were stripped by splitting families in slave trade. If this lineage wasn't disrupted by whites, it's possible that blacks would be more tribal when it comes to race. But, the fact is we do not have as strong a connection to our roots as other races. This however doesn't mean that blacks are any less than anyone else, contrary to what you believe.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

                        The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          The problem is defining what is racism because simply having an opinion that a certain race is inferior in some way is technically not racism. A better definition of racism is the belief that all members of a race are inferior in a way that makes them unable to participate in society fully and under the same rules.

                          It is probably best to consider what race is before even considering the above statement. Scientifically race as generally understood probably doesn't even exist. The categories were established before genetics had really even begun as a discipline. You could just dismiss the entire discussion on this grounds but ethnicity is a valid concept.

                          Geographical origin is reflected in genetics but genetic diversity is greatest in Africa where there are a bewildering number of ethnicities. Ethnicity can be primarily genetic or almost entirely cultural depending on the individual and their family history. Still traits like lactose tolerance are important to ethnicity in it's most rigorous form. Being lactose intolerant in some ethnic configurations would be clearly "inferior" in terms of probability of survival. The point being that ethnicity is relevant to it's cultural orientation. So while ethnicity is real it's meaning is relevant not absolute.

                          The average racist may be unable to make the fine distinctions on ethnicity I have tried to illustrate but not all racists are unintelligent. They are able to build strong cases for biological determinism because our natural abilities are highly genetic in origin.

                          As a biological behaviorist I reject a lot of what people like Gould believe but not all of his ideas are invalid. We are all a complicated mix of culture and biology. Trying to sort out what is biological from what is cultural could unfairly mark someone as racist, such as Charles Murray. What marks even a biological determinist as racist, which very few people actually are, is the failure to see people as individuals. That is why even an environmental determinist can sound racist.
                          We hunt the hunters

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            By definition of the word, viewing a race as inferior or superior is racism. There is no need for us to re-write the dictionary or over-complicate what a racist is. The problem is too many on the right try to create their own definition in order to absolve their selves. They incorrectly feel that if they base their argument of superiority on something, then it's no longer racist when in actuality that has nothing to do with it. We should just call it what it is instead of pretending that there's some grey area. People who feel that there are inherent qualities to certain races that can make them either superior or inferior are racist, period.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

                            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              By definition of the word, viewing a race as inferior or superior is racism. There is no need for us to re-write the dictionary or over-complicate what a racist is. The problem is too many on the right try to create their own definition in order to absolve their selves. They incorrectly feel that if they base their argument of superiority on something, then it's no longer racist when in actuality that has nothing to do with it. We should just call it what it is instead of pretending that there's some grey area. People who feel that there are inherent qualities to certain races that can make them either superior or inferior are racist, period.
                              Racism can be as simple as "separate but equal." Thus, separate schools for say, Blacks and Whites, even if equal in terms of quality, etc., would be seen as racist. So, tribalism is racist. So is multiculturalism if it argues for separate cultural identities and that these should be upheld within a society.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                "Further examples in a list of more than 2,500 alleged ‘hate incidents’ logged by the Metropolitan Police in 2015 and 2016 include:
                                • An envelope that had been opened and resealed;
                                • An accident involving a car that bore a Remembrance poppy;
                                • A disputed line call in a tennis match;
                                • A dead rat found in a garden;
                                • And a man telling library staff he was campaigning for Brexit."
                                Police notes recorded: 'An unknown dog has fouled outside of victim address and victim perceived this to be a racial incident.’ The Met had more than 2,500 complaints for hate crime in 2015 and 2016.
                                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                                "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X