No announcement yet.

Republicans and Racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the right wing racial propaganda also degenerates social skills in real life.

To give an example, I had a 50-something republican/trump support colleague who had a bad habit of studying right wing trash everyday. As time went on, he told black, asian, indian, latino , and middle eastern colleagues that that discrimination /prejudice against them in the USA is actually a fiction and excuse for their lacking. One day, he did this with a new black hire and tried to debate about it.

The black hire was with the company for 1 day and flew out of there!

I doubt that he would have engaged in this stupid and harmful behavior if he was not brainwashed by propaganda. White people should listen to minorities about their experiences - or lack thereof- of prejudice and discrimination they've experienced in their lives before drawing conclusions.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 16 Nov 18, 11:09.
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Then you know nothing or ignore the backgrounds of Keith Ellison and Thomas Perez, who are the heads of the party. Both are racist bigots of the worst sort. Ellison is an anti-Semite, buddies with Louis Farrakhan, was a member of the NOI but now claims he's just Muslim, has been caught saying racist drivel repeatedly, and on top of that is a domestic abuser. Thomas Perez is the leading proponent of something called "Disparate Impact Theory." You can look that idiocy up yourself. He's big into the racist idea of White Privilege, and he often tinges his speeches to Hispanic groups with racism, particularly when he does one in Spanish.

Then there are any number of actual bigots and racists that are holding office who are Democrats.

So, show where anything you mentioned above is clearly connected to Republicans, not some unknown but assumed party, or some third party.

Steve King, he seems far more controversial than the two Democrats you mention combined.

And everybody just a reminder, TAG likes to be seen as somebody who is informed and knows what he is talking about, he thought the GDP per Capita of California was $14.00 so treat everything he says with a few scoops of salt.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

Steve King, he seems far more controversial than the two Democrats you mention combined.

{Ad hominem deleted}
        Keith Ellison is at least as bad and likely worse.

Ellison was a member of the Nation of Islam, a specifically racist, anti-Semitic group, and buddies with its founder Louis Farrakhan.
        Ellison has said "Blacks don't have an obligation to obey the government..."
        Ellison has said the Constitution is "...the best evidence of a White racist conspiracy to subjugate other peoples."
        About 9/11, Ellison compared it to the Reichstag fire and stopped just short of claiming Bush instigated it.
        Ellison has associated with know Islamic terrorists and sympathizers.

https://drrichswier.com/2017/02/25/k...ey-government/

https://dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/d...radical-islam/

Ellison is an unrepentant bigot of the worst sort. On top of that, he's a serious domestic abuser. Yet, the Democrats continue to defend him and even have left him in his post as the deputy head of their party.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...u-need-to-know

That was enough to get him to step down from the party chair, but then he was elected Minnesota's attorney general... So, I guess Democrat voters don't give a $hi+ he's a wife / girlfriend beater or a bigot.

At least with King the Republican party has tried to distance themselves from him like withdrawing national funding for his campaign. The Democrats never have done anything like that with Ellison.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          A thoughtful piece. It is also prevalent among the Trump supporters on this forum. What are you so afraid of?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/11/opini...ner/index.html
          From your CNN article/link, some select excerpts;
          (CNN)Despite all appearances leading up to last week's midterm elections, the Republican Party is not inherently racist. That will come as a surprise to many of my Democratic friends, and for good reason.
          Despite the President's shameless efforts to turn racial animus into votes, and the cowardice demonstrated by Republican leaders, it would be wrong for Democrats to label the GOP as racist.

The mainstream Republican Party is, in fact, made up of decent, hardworking Americans who believe in a core set of conservative values. Those include strong national security, lower taxes, adherence to free market principles, and limited government. They want their rights under the Constitution protected, the rule of law upheld, and individual freedoms respected. And whether we share their worldview or not, these ideals form the foundation of their Americanism.

Conservatives who fit this description will tell you, with heartfelt sincerity, that their core values do not and will not ever include racial intolerance or bigotry. They believe that the legitimate principles of conservatism transcend race, ethnicity and gender and contribute to the prosperity of all Americans.

Nonetheless, many mainstream conservatives continue to be confounded by the GOP having a clear, discernible and persistent race problem.

According to the Pew Research Center, 84% of African-American voters identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, while 8% align themselves with Republicans. Among Hispanics, 63% affiliate more strongly with Democrats, compared to 28% who lean toward the GOP. The numbers are virtually identical for Asian-Americans, who prefer Democrats over Republicans 65% to 27%. Exit polls from the midterm elections also show people of color voted overwhelmingly in favor of Democrats.

But the numbers painted a drastically different picture when minorities were asked specific questions about their ideology, including how large government should be and how much businesses should be regulated. When the American National Election Studies used this approach in a 2012 survey, it found 47% of African-Americans identified as liberal, while about 45% identified as conservative.

As someone who grew up attending a largely black Southern Baptist Church, I saw firsthand how social conservatism was a core value -- while voting was about electing Democrats.
          https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/11/opini...ner/index.html
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

So, putting that above (#49) post in some context ...

This months mid-term voting in my county resulted with about 500 ballots either not signed or have mismatch of signatures on the ballot versus the ones on file with county auditor's office. With a couple races very close, both parties are busy getting volunteers to contact those voters and attempt to get affidavits from them to validate their ballots. On Monday our local GOP office handling our efforts had a kick-off meeting for the volunteers for this project. Out of about thirty people there, three were Black and that's a percentage of 10%. Whatcom county isn't one that has that high a percentage of Black residents, so this is an above average number, indicator.

FWIW, being a very agriculture oriented county, our largest "non-White" racial/ethnic demographic is Latino. Next largest is a toss-up between Sikh and Asians. Also, FWIW, Latino and Sikh are part of the "Caucasian" "Race", not of the Black/Negroid or Asian type which makes up the three main racial classifications, based on physical traits.

If our GOP party is racist, why do we have an above average percentage of Blacks working in our party?
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

You posted the comments and your comments are racist in nature. Get over yourself.
              If you knew the relations I had with African-Americans you would be embarrassed. It just goes to show how ignorant and “racist-happy” you are
              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

If you knew the relations I had with African-Americans you would be embarrassed. It just goes to show how ignorant and “racist-happy” you are
                I've had some relations with African-Americans too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

I've had some relations with African-Americans too!!!!
                  I have never slept with an African Queen, though several have been quite willing I have gotten along with them and African-American men quite well though. I just have swag
                  Last edited by American87; 16 Nov 18, 17:38.
                  "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                    i personally find republicans to be stupidly racist although they are unconscious and don't consider themselves to be. They do not comprehend at all that their racist and illogical thinking isn't racist. Then, while being deeply racist themselves, they point their finger at Democrats that are engaging in similar thinking and call them racist against white people.

Some things I believe would be considered racist by Democrats, which have a different definition of racism than I do.
                    Everyone is a racist to some degree if you're not then you are a traitor to your race which happens to be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Everyone is a racist to some degree if you're not then you are a traitor to your race which happens to be worse.
                      Ok that is out right Neo-Nazi sht

And it is down-right un-American.

Comment

Ok that is out right Neo-Nazi sht

And it is down-right un-American.
                        Thank you! I agree, but it is true.

Comment

Thank you! I agree, but it is true.
                          Are you a Neo-Nazi?

Comment

Are you a Neo-Nazi?
                            It didn't show up on my DNA test.

Comment

It didn't show up on my DNA test.
                              Nazis, Neo or otherwise are not funny. I now suspect your allegiance is not to the US Constitution.

Comment

Nazis, Neo or otherwise are not funny. I now suspect your allegiance is not to the US Constitution.
                                As if Democrats were. Now that is funny!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X