Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Dishonors Fallen US Soldiers of WW1 Due to Rain or Traffic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drv2cSWX0AEMb_5.jpgDrv2KLlWkAAIBhL.jpg
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Woodrow Wilson refused to visit any of the battlefields in France where American soldiers fought and died even though they were a day trip away from Paris (see The Doughboys by Laurence Stallings, who was badly wounded at Belleau Wood). Now Trump won't visit an American cemetery in France because it was raining. Maybe he feels inferior walking on hallowed ground because he used a pathetic excuse not to serve when it was his turn.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

you see the rain might mess up his hairdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Woodrow Wilson refused to visit any of the battlefields in France where American soldiers fought and died even though they were a day trip away from Paris (see The Doughboys by Laurence Stallings, who was badly wounded at Belleau Wood). Now Trump won't visit an American cemetery in France because it was raining. Maybe he feels inferior walking on hallowed ground because he used a pathetic excuse not to serve when it was his turn.
          What were the condition of the roads and the primitive cemeteries then?
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

PARIS (AP) ó In a story Nov. 10 about President Donald Trump canceling a planned visit to a cemetery for Americans killed in World War I, The Associated Press reported that the Secret Service determines when it's safe to fly Marine One, the president's helicopter. The story should have made clear that the Marine Corps and White House Military Office make the determination to ground the president's helicopter due to bad weather. The military office then presents the recommendation to the White House in collaboration with the Secret Service.
            I have no idea which story is accurate but it is possible that there were other security issues considering Trump's popularity in Europe. Then there is the timing of the EU combined military story and other signs that that European leaders intended to take advantage of the occasion to embarrass Trump.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Trump doesn't need any help from anyone to be embarrassed. All he has to do is open his mouth.
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

What were the condition of the roads and the primitive cemeteries then?
                I have no idea. However, roads were passable to both horse drawn and motor vehicles, including staff cars. Wilson just couldn't be bothered.

This passage is from The Doughboys, page 1:

'...Woodrow Wilson himself seems to have set the tone for an historical limbo by his conduct when he reached Paris and the Peace Conference. Only an hour away was Chateau-Thierry, where a West Point lieutenant and his army of fourteen Doughboys carrying two Hotchkiss guns had dashed across the wagon bridge to begin the last-ditch defense of Paris. A right turn and a five-mile spin could have brought the President to the railroad embankment at Mezy, where Ulysses Grant McAlexander's 38th Infantry slaughtered a brigade of Prussian Grenadiers. A left turn for the same distance and Mr Wilson would have stood by the hunting lodge in Belleau Wood. Or, proceeding north by west to Picardy, he might have been in the village square where the 1st Division opened the ball at Cantigny. Or by lunching at Verdun he could have stood on Whittlesey's bench with the Lost Battalion. But he seemed reluctant to face any of the scenes of the battles his acts had brought about, however noble his motives must have been. It was as if some camper had left a careless fire, and was loath to view the blackened stumps of a once verdant wood.'

Looking through photographs taken of the war where supply lines were being used to bring supplies and troops to the front, or seeing the passable roads being used by camions and artillery units, it appears that the roads were available for use after the shooting stopped.
                Last edited by Massena; 12 Nov 18, 08:14.

Comment

Probably he just wanted to taste a good cuisine and wine.
                  There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

To mark the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, my son and I walked the mile to Cemetery Ridge, listened to a presentation by former ACG Eric Wittenburg, and visited the cemetery and other places of note in and around the town, during a searing heat wave in which several people were treated for heat exhaustion and a couple were evacuated for more urgent care, all while I was sick as a dog and pumped up on steroids, because I believed that it was important to remember those events, and to pay homage to those who sacrificed so much, and to pass those values on to my son -- but our President can't be bothered to so much as visit for a few hours the final resting place of thousands of Americans, as well as many thousands more Frenchmen, Britons, Belgians, et al, whose efforts and sacrifice helped shape the world as we know it today. I'm speechless.

I wake up every morning praying for amnesia, trying my level best to blot Trump out of my mind, in an effort to keep my last remaining shreds of sanity. I ignore the daily descriptions of his stupidity and corruption and lechery, as well as the endless screeching for his impeachment by his opponents. No president is perfect, and I can't think of any who was free from a bonehead moment or fifty. The last three presidents preceding the current chief executive have either churned my stomach or lowered the bar on already rock bottom expectations. But this one . . . . this one . . . . he's really taking the cake. Donald Trump has managed to make Bill Clinton look like a decent human being, George W Bush an exceptional intellect, and Barack Obama a focused and effective leader. I would never have dreamed that any of that was possible, but Trump has achieved what previously was unimaginable. I fear, genuinely fear, what new standard he'll set next.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

I have no idea which story is accurate but it is possible that there were other security issues considering Trump's popularity in Europe. Then there is the timing of the EU combined military story and other signs that that European leaders intended to take advantage of the occasion to embarrass Trump.
                      Would not a Trump visit to the US cemetery in France have sent a message to all of Europe, primarily that the US has a role in Europe -- a vital role -- and that the Europe would be wise to do everything in her power to keep the US on her side? What Abba Eban said of the Palestinians now applies to the President of the United States: "they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity."
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        To mark the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, my son and I walked the mile to Cemetery Ridge, listened to a presentation by former ACG Eric Wittenburg, and visited the cemetery and other places of note in and around the town, during a searing heat wave in which several people were treated for heat exhaustion and a couple were evacuated for more urgent care, all while I was sick as a dog and pumped up on steroids, because I believed that it was important to remember those events, and to pay homage to those who sacrificed so much, and to pass those values on to my son -- but our President can't be bothered to so much as visit for a few hours the final resting place of thousands of Americans, as well as many thousands more Frenchmen, Britons, Belgians, et al, whose efforts and sacrifice helped shape the world as we know it today. I'm speechless.

I wake up every morning praying for amnesia, trying my level best to blot Trump out of my mind, in an effort to keep my last remaining shreds of sanity. I ignore the daily descriptions of his stupidity and corruption and lechery, as well as the endless screeching for his impeachment by his opponents. No president is perfect, and I can't think of any who was free from a bonehead moment or fifty. The last three presidents preceding the current chief executive have either churned my stomach or lowered the bar on already rock bottom expectations. But this one . . . . this one . . . . he's really taking the cake. Donald Trump has managed to make Bill Clinton look like a decent human being, George W Bush an exceptional intellect, and Barack Obama a focused and effective leader. I would never have dreamed that any of that was possible, but Trump has achieved what previously was unimaginable. I fear, genuinely fear, what new standard he'll set next.
                        I joined my boys, in the Scouts and Cubs, as part of 100 years Parade for Remembrance Sunday for the same reasons. Somethings need to be done.

Regardless of politics, Trump failed his country, his party, the military and the USA big time. While its one thing to berate another on their politics, its a totally disgusting to dishonour those that have died for their country, and their relatives.
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

President Reagan was hated in parts of Europe in the 80's, yet he was brave enough to face hostile crowds and inclement weather.
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

I joined my boys, in the Scouts and Cubs, as part of 100 years Parade for Remembrance Sunday for the same reasons. Somethings need to be done.

Regardless of politics, Trump failed his country, his party, the military and the USA big time. While its one thing to berate another on their politics, its a totally disgusting to dishonour those that have died for their country, and their relatives.
                            Don't want to get involved in all theTrump business but he did visit a US cemetery on Remembrance Sunday

181111-donald-trump-suresnes-al-1151_a5572ed9dd30d398741931ee6ab1cde2.fit-760w.jpg

Comment

When was this picture taken? This past weekend?

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/41...cemetery-visit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X