Caravan? What Caravan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Back to the OP...the first 'contingent' of the OP has arrived in nine buses in Tijuana which is across the border from San Diego. The greater part of the caravan is still about 1,000 miles away.

I wonder what the troops who were sent to Texas are doing and thinking...?
    They think that Massena is posting nonsense .

Comment

And who controls the purse strings? The House of Representatives. What you are posting continues to be nothing but disingenuous nonsense.
      Yes ...Deleted by ACG Staff.... that is what I said to begin with. It is good that you finally have recognized that I was right though.

Knock it off with the name-calling.

ACG Staff
      Last edited by Salinator; 14 Nov 18, 13:37.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Controlling the Senate is a bigger win for Trump .Trump can now block everything the Democrats want to do .
        The Republicans already controlled the Senate before the election. So, they didn't 'win' it but maintained control of it. And they didn't do much when they controlled both houses of Congress for the past two years. And if they become obstructionist as you apparently want them to, they very well might lose control of the Senate in two years.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

Yes ...Deleted by ACG Staff.... that is what I said to begin with. It is good that you finally have recognized that I was right though.

ACG Staff
          TKS
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Jack Goldsmith (prof of law at Harvard ) in the Guardian of April 22 2018 : Deep State is real .
            This has been confirmed by Dana Bash ( from CNN ) and Phil Mudd ( deputy of Robert Mueller ),who said that Deep State would kill Trump .

Comment

Controlling the Senate is a bigger win for Trump .Trump can now block everything the Democrats want to do .
              Once again, it wasn't a win, but a retain as the Republicans already controlled the Senate.
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
                It's akin to don't wrestle in the mud with a pig-you both get dirty and the pig loves it.

Comment

Jack Goldsmith (prof of law at Harvard ) in the Guardian of April 22 2018 : Deep State is real .
                  This has been confirmed by Dana Bash ( from CNN ) and Phil Mudd ( deputy of Robert Mueller ),who said that Deep State would kill Trump .
                  Evidence please. Once again you are acting on the premise that if you don't know anything you just make it up.

So, please show where Dana Bash and Phil Mudd said the above. And Phil Mudd no longer works in the government so he cannot be a Mueller's 'deputy.'

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

ACG Staff
                    I recognize that you post nonsense, not that you were correct.

Comment

The Republicans already controlled the Senate before the election. So, they didn't 'win' it but maintained control of it. And they didn't do much when they controlled both houses of Congress for the past two years. And if they become obstructionist as you apparently want them to, they very well might lose control of the Senate in two years.
                      1 The GOP lost 30 seats in the House.Obama lost 64 in his first mid-term elections and Clinton lost 54 seats.
                      2 The GOP won 3 seats in the Senate,while Obama lost 7 seats and Clinton 10
                      3 The Anti-Trumpers in Congress were purged : Flake is only one of these that not returned ,
                      Conclusion : Trumps position in Congress is fortified .

Comment

Evidence please. Once again you are acting on the premise that if you don't know anything you just make it up.

So, please show where Dana Bash and Phil Mudd said the above. And Phil Mudd no longer works in the government so he cannot be a Mueller's 'deputy.'
                        I have given the evidences several times; you decided to ignore them and to ask again for evidences . That does not work .
                        Phill Mudd worked for the CIA and FBI , and the Company never lets someone go .

Comment

I don't think Trump's position in Congress is "fortified." He lost the House. Republicans did gain seats in the Senate, but that's a bit overdue, as we had never-Trumpers like McCain block Republican legislation a year ago. Oh well. On the bright side, we'll have even stronger support for the next Supreme Court appointee.

Trump didn't "lose" either, at least in a meaningful way. The House usually swings two years into a presidency, so this is normal. Democrats have gotten more vile, angrier, and have amped up the fake news, e.g. their coverage of Acosta. This is the radical fringe of the party, and their strategy seems to be, "MORE." I don't know. This has been a failed strategy for them since after they lost the House in '10. We'll see if they can win moderates with their vile, Obama-era tactics. In my opinion they either need a conservative Democrat to lead the party in 2020, or they have to hope Trump doesn't campaign.
                          "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                            I don't think Trump's position in Congress is "fortified." He lost the House. Republicans did gain seats in the Senate, but that's a bit overdue, as we had never-Trumpers like McCain block Republican legislation a year ago. Oh well. On the bright side, we'll have even stronger support for the next Supreme Court appointee.

Trump didn't "lose" either, at least in a meaningful way. The House usually swings two years into a presidency, so this is normal. Democrats have gotten more vile, angrier, and have amped up the fake news, e.g. their coverage of Acosta. This is the radical fringe of the party, and their strategy seems to be, "MORE." I don't know. This has been a failed strategy for them since after they lost the House in '10. We'll see if they can win moderates with their vile, Obama-era tactics. In my opinion they either need a conservative Democrat to lead the party in 2020, or they have to hope Trump doesn't campaign.
                            Trump never had the House : the Freedom Caucus was only a minority and there were enough House RINOs to block all Trump's propositions .There were 73 Rinos in the Main Street Republican Partnership and at least 3 in the Senate (Collins, McCain, Graham ) and this is without the disguised Rinos as Murkowski and Flake. I would also not trust McConnell ( who has a net worth of $ 27 million ) to defend the Deplorables .2 years ago 5 GOP senators were supported by Soros :
                            McCain,Rubio,Grassley, Johnson and Graham .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X