God Approves of Abortions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Approves of Abortions

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a cursenot harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b]among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...31&version=NIV
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I feel if people are going to inject the bible into political or social debates, they should be aware of exactly what's in it.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

People need to understand making abortion illegal is not going to save many babies and only put mothers at risk because they well just go back to the old way with some quak or old woman with a coat hanger. FACTS that some fools need to get into their heads

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          I feel if people are going to inject the bible into political or social debates, they should be aware of exactly what's in it.
          Like the Ark and God created every thing and this all 6000 years ago. Believe...just don't expect me to believe.

Comment

It reminds me of the religion of social justice where everyone is guilty until proven innocent and the purity test is not dirty water but dirty politics. If you swallow the BS and you don't turn green with shame you are accepted into the cult but you are still required to make virtue signaling offerings.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              People need to understand making abortion illegal is not going to save many babies and only put mothers at risk because they well just go back to the old way with some quak or old woman with a coat hanger. FACTS that some fools need to get into their heads
              Frequently, [the Empress Theodora] conceived, but as she employed every artifice immediately, a miscarriage was straightway effected. - from Procopius' Secret history, 550-568 AD

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/proc/shp/shp12.htm

I'd first heard of women using epsom salt as a means of effecting abortion from my cousin, who claimed to have learned about it from "working girls" with whom he lived in a rooming house in Indiana while he studied engineering, back in the late 1930s.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Magic curses? In my opinion they are fairy tales for children and the weak minded.

Comment

"Bitter Water" is the bible's way of the abortion. The bible says nothing about being anti-abortion.
                  As a christian, you're not supposed to have tattoo's or eat pork. All abrahamic religions ban eating pork. (jewish, islamic, christian)

There's multiple denominations of christianity in the US. The ones furthest from following the bible are usually the evangelical/protestant types.
                  Heck, catholics are pretty devoted. They show up on sundays to form a line to eat the flesh and drink the blood of jesus.

Comment

Interestingly, being Buddhist means I really don't have a dog in this fight. Instead, my concern is that it really isn't a "woman's right to chose," but rather a couple's right to choose. In a fair and honest world the man who got the woman pregnant should have a voice in this matter. After all, as it stands, once the woman decides to have the child government and laws will make the man responsible for child support and other expenses even as he was never consulted in the matter of the child prior to birth.

Comment

Wouldn't this thread belong in the Middle East forum?
                      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                        Heck, catholics are pretty devoted. They show up on sundays to form a line to eat the flesh and drink the blood of jesus.
                        Someone else who does not understand the concept of metaphor.
                        QamuIs Heg qaq law' lorvIs yInqaq puS

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post

Someone else who does not understand the concept of metaphor.
                          Or someone who does not understand the Dogma of the Catholic Church: "Transubstantiation." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

Or someone who does not understand the Dogma of the Catholic Church: "Transubstantiation." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation
                            Is that like alchemy?

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                              Wouldn't this thread belong in the Middle East forum?
                              No. This is about evangelical, christian, cathlotics getting abortion wrong in America. By their religion, they should support it.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X