Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Cannot 'Win' an Argument by the Logic of the Argument...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Cannot 'Win' an Argument by the Logic of the Argument...

...Just respond by insult and false accusations:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/media...ers/index.html

Trump's misbehavior and false accusation sound a lot like the Trumpers on this forum...
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      ...Just respond by insult and false accusations:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Trump's misbehavior and false accusation sound a lot like the Trumpers on this forum...
      Really? You are describing the playbook of the Far Left that has been taking place long before Trump was ever heard of. Cyberbulling, name calling, and outright threats to anyone that dares challenges a leftists opinion with facts. It is the type of behavior that earns posters a Time Out by the Bad Wolf on this forum or results in locked, deleted topics.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

challenges a leftists opinion with facts.
        Do you do that with FACTS that don't come from Sludge, or Britefart, Info Wars or FOX?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I first saw this sort of crap from the Left in college decades ago. It's nothing new for the Progressive to want an argument, shout you down, or otherwise be uncivil when they disagree with you. Acosta did exactly that. He didn't ask Trump a question. He started arguing with Trump instead. Candi Crowley (also of CNN) did it most prominently in the Romney - Obama debate on national television. She couldn't help herself. It's what the Left does.

I've stated before that there are three stages to this with the Left:

The first is they try to change the subject. This doesn't mean a radical change, but rather shifting the subject within the larger topic. Gun control, as an example, might go from the constitutional question to bump stocks, then high capacity magazines, to what is a militia, then to assault rifles. They become a moving target. The second you effectively rebuttal them on one point they shift to another. We currently have one poster here that is particularly good at this. It's not a sign you're winning the argument. It's a sign you have no argument.

The second stage, when the first fails, is to go to the ad hominem. Instead of argument, you get insults.

If that fails, the third stage is reached. The Leftist hurls some final insults and then storms off mad, no longer willing to discuss things.

There is an alternate to stage three. This occurs when the Leftist becomes so flustered that they start incoherently babbling at you and possibly get physically violent.

It's just how the Left and Progressives are. I'm not making a judgement here, just an observation.

With the real, extreme, radical Right like hardcore neo-Nazis, they typically go straight to either telling you to F- OFF! or punch you. They're a true bunch of knuckleheads. Thankfully, they're few in number...

From the Kavanaugh hearings back to my college days, it always follows the same pattern.

When Left and Right meet for a debate, hearing, whatever, the Left causes endless delays and trouble. The people on the Left are introduced for the, say, debate. The audience politely applauds, etc. The Right group comes out and are introduced. Some guy in the audience jumps up "F-- YOU! You're all haters!" There may be several that do, often in succession to keep the disruption going.
          The debate starts. The Left presents, there's polite applause. The Right starts their presentation, and another jerk in the audience disrupts them. This occurs several times. It's just how the Left is.

The Kavanaugh hearings. There were something like 40 of these during it.

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 09 Nov 18, 12:49.

Comment

The better response. Democrats are just vile.

My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              The better response. Democrats are just vile.

I'd say the "expert" saying Acosta and CNN could sue is an idiot. The reason is, Acosta wanted and started an argument. He didn't just ask a question. He wanted to joust verbally with the President.
              Could you imagine the chaos if every reporter got to argue endlessly with the President at a press conference? It wouldn't be a Q & A session, it'd be a shouting match. It would be chaos. But, the Left loves chaos so they'd eat it up. Doesn't matter that the government is dysfunctional, it only matters that the Left gets their way.

Here's the exchange. Acosta makes a statement. He then presents his viewpoint. This isn't a question, it's the opening of an argument.

Trump doesn't help things by saying "Here we go..." It's clear he's frustrated that Acosta is jamming him with an argument rather than asking a question. If there was a question Acosta would get to, it would be in the form of a complex question fallacy as he had already set the conditions for the answer with his statement.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I'd say the "expert" saying Acosta and CNN could sue is an idiot. The reason is, Acosta wanted and started an argument. He didn't just ask a question. He wanted to joust verbally with the President.
                Could you imagine the chaos if every reporter got to argue endlessly with the President at a press conference? It wouldn't be a Q & A session, it'd be a shouting match. It would be chaos. But, the Left loves chaos so they'd eat it up. Doesn't matter that the government is dysfunctional, it only matters that the Left gets their way.

Here's the exchange. Acosta makes a statement. He then presents his viewpoint. This isn't a question, it's the opening of an argument.

They can't sue. Democrats are ****ing clowns.

My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I first saw this sort of crap from the Left in college decades ago. It's nothing new for the Progressive to want an argument, shout you down, or otherwise be uncivil when they disagree with you. Acosta did exactly that. He didn't ask Trump a question. He started arguing with Trump instead. Candi Crowley (also of CNN) did it most prominently in the Romney - Obama debate on national television. She couldn't help herself. It's what the Left does.

I've stated before that there are three stages to this with the Left:

The first is they try to change the subject. This doesn't mean a radical change, but rather shifting the subject within the larger topic. Gun control, as an example, might go from the constitutional question to bump stocks, then high capacity magazines, to what is a militia, then to assault rifles. They become a moving target. The second you effectively rebuttal them on one point they shift to another. We currently have one poster here that is particularly good at this. It's not a sign you're winning the argument. It's a sign you have no argument.

The second stage, when the first fails, is to go to the ad hominem. Instead of argument, you get insults.

If that fails, the third stage is reached. The Leftist hurls some final insults and then storms off mad, no longer willing to discuss things.

There is an alternate to stage three. This occurs when the Leftist becomes so flustered that they start incoherently babbling at you and possibly get physically violent.

It's just how the Left and Progressives are. I'm not making a judgement here, just an observation.

With the real, extreme, radical Right like hardcore neo-Nazis, they typically go straight to either telling you to F- OFF! or punch you. They're a true bunch of knuckleheads. Thankfully, they're few in number...

From the Kavanaugh hearings back to my college days, it always follows the same pattern.

When Left and Right meet for a debate, hearing, whatever, the Left causes endless delays and trouble. The people on the Left are introduced for the, say, debate. The audience politely applauds, etc. The Right group comes out and are introduced. Some guy in the audience jumps up "F-- YOU! You're all haters!" There may be several that do, often in succession to keep the disruption going.
                  The debate starts. The Left presents, there's polite applause. The Right starts their presentation, and another jerk in the audience disrupts them. This occurs several times. It's just how the Left is.

The Kavanaugh hearings. There were something like 40 of these during it.

Democrats are an excellent example of over-drugged people, Pfizer should be ashamed of itself for creating this insanity.
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    ...Just respond by insult and false accusations...
                    There is a code of conduct applicable to being a White House journalist. However I understand liberals adhere to only one rule, mob rule. Acosta acted in a manner for which he deserved to be tossed out. Additionally, standing off to one side screaming questions at the President when you have not been called on is both childish and shameful behavior. However again I understand as a rule liberals have no shame. No act, regardless of how reprehensible, vile, or vulgar, is beyond the liberal left.
                    QamuIs Heg qaq law' lorvIs yInqaq puS

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post

There is a code of conduct applicable to being a White House journalist. However I understand liberals adhere to only one rule, mob rule. Acosta acted in a manner for which he deserved to be tossed out. Additionally, standing off to one side screaming questions at the President when you have not been called on is both childish and shameful behavior. However again I understand as a rule liberals have no shame. No act, regardless of how reprehensible, vile, or vulgar, is beyond the liberal left.
                      I don't think Acosta's conduct justifies kicking him out, as the contact with the intern was minor.
                      It was more arrogant than anything else.

Still, had trump done precisely the same thing as Acosta, I suspect that it would be the new worst thing ever and a new basis for impeachment.

I really don't see how the party claiming that they speak for women can also side with Acosta with respect to his actions towards the young female intern.
                      Of course they still side with Clinton and menendez .
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Police Probe Mob At Tucker Carlson Home...

'Threatening me and my family'...

Antifa expands hit list...

VOX Reporter Defends Harassment...
                        Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                        Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

The mob at Carlson's home claimed to be part of Smash Racism DC a local Antifa affiliate. They organized their appearance on It's Going Down the networking site for anarchists:

https://itsgoingdown.org/

So, a bunch of violent, radical Leftist, Anarchists threw a Sturmabteilung moment in front of Carlson's house...

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I don't think Acosta's conduct justifies kicking him out, as the contact with the intern was minor.
                            It was more arrogant than anything else.

Still, had trump done precisely the same thing as Acosta, I suspect that it would be the new worst thing ever and a new basis for impeachment.

I really don't see how the party claiming that they speak for women can also side with Acosta with respect to his actions towards the young female intern.
                            Of course they still side with Clinton and menendez .
                            I disagree, he was asked to sit down several times, one warning should be all it takes, and he refused. He continued pressing on which shows his lack of respect for the White House and the President. He needed to be removed as does others that are acting in this way. The press corps should be endorsing his removal and reporting the news and not opinion.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Do you do that with FACTS that don't come from Sludge, or Britefart, Info Wars or FOX?
                              Sludge? Britefart? Never heard of those web sites. Infowars? Fox? I don't see where CNN or MSN are any more reliable except to those "Mindless Sheep" that blindly believe all the far left opinion commentary that they report on claiming that it is news.

A list directly from Drudge of all of the web sites that he links stories to including all of your favorite sites.
                              ABCNEWS
                              ADWEEK
                              ATLANTIC
                              AXIOS
                              BBC
                              BILD
                              BILLBOARD
                              BLAZE
                              BOSTON GLOBE
                              BOSTON HERALD
                              BREITBART
                              BUSINESS INSIDER
                              BUZZFEED
                              CBS NEWS
                              CBS NEWS LOCAL
                              CELEBRITY SERVICE
                              C-SPAN
                              CHICAGO SUN-TIMES
                              CHICAGO TRIB
                              CHRISTIAN SCIENCE
                              CNBC
                              CNN
                              DAILY BEAST
                              DAILY CALLER
                              DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD
                              DER SPIEGEL
                              E!
                              ECONOMIST
                              ENT WEEKLY
                              FINANCIAL TIMES
                              FORBES
                              FOXNEWS
                              FRANCE 24
                              FREE BEACON
                              FREE REPUBLIC
                              HOT AIR
                              HELLO!
                              HILL
                              HILL: JUST IN
                              H'WOOD REPORTER
                              HUFFINGTON POST
                              INFOWARS
                              INTERCEPT
                              JERUSALEM POST
                              LA DAILY NEWS
                              LA TIMES
                              LIFEZETTE
                              LUCIANNE.COM
                              MEDIAITE
                              MOTHER JONES
                              NATION
                              NATIONAL REVIEW
                              NBC NEWS
                              NEW REPUBLIC
                              NEW YORK
                              NY DAILY NEWS
                              NY OBSERVER
                              NY POST
                              NY TIMES
                              NY TIMES WIRE
                              NEW YORKER
                              NEWSBUSTERS
                              NEWSMAX
                              PEOPLE
                              PJ MEDIA
                              POLITICO
                              RADAR
                              REAL CLEAR POLITICS
                              REASON
                              ROLL CALL
                              ROLLING STONE
                              SALON
                              SAN FRAN CHRON
                              SKY NEWS
                              SLATE
                              SMOKING GUN
                              TALKING POINTS MEMO
                              TIME MAG
                              TMZ
                              [UK] DAILY MAIL
                              [UK] DAILY MAIL FEED
                              [UK] DAILY MIRROR
                              [UK] DAILY RECORD
                              [UK] EVENING STANDARD
                              [UK] EXPRESS
                              [UK] GUARDIAN
                              [UK] INDEPENDENT
                              [UK] SUN
                              [UK] TELEGRAPH
                              US NEWS
                              USA TODAY
                              VANITY FAIR
                              VARIETY
                              WALL STREET JOURNAL
                              WASH EXAMINER
                              WASH POST
                              WASH TIMES
                              WEEKLY STANDARD
                              WORLD NET DAILY
                              ZERO HEDGE

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Working...
                              X