Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Attorney General

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The New Attorney General

    Mathew Whitaker is a lousy pick as acting attorney general. He may not be qualified, except as a Trump crony, and he has ties to a company that was ordered closed for illegal activity:

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/polit...ism/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Mathew Whitaker is a lousy pick as acting attorney general. He may not be qualified, except as a Trump crony, and he has ties to a company that was ordered closed for illegal activity:

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/polit...ism/index.html
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

    Comment


    • #3
      Still 100% better than a jackass like Holder.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

      ~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

      Comment


      • #4
        If we are going to bar people from government service because they have some connection to someone who might have done something bad, there will be no one left to serve.

        I had a good friend in high school who was later convicted of Arson.
        I "knew" ( neighbor actually) a girl who who murdered two people.
        I had nothing to do with either crime despite arguably having "ties" to the perpetrators.


        Obama had strong ties to Tony Rezko and Rod Blago, both of whom later were convicted felons and lots of ties to the criminals who run Chicago.
        Those "ties" were relevant, but never considered a bar to his running for president.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

        Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          Still 100% better than a jackass like Holder.
          Or Janet Reno!


          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            If we are going to bar people from government service because they have some connection to someone who might have done something bad, there will be no one left to serve.

            I had a good friend in high school who was later convicted of Arson.
            I "knew" ( neighbor actually) a girl who who murdered two people.
            I had nothing to do with either crime despite arguably having "ties" to the perpetrators.


            Obama had strong ties to Tony Rezko and Rod Blago, both of whom later were convicted felons and lots of ties to the criminals who run Chicago.
            Those "ties" were relevant, but never considered a bar to his running for president.
            You forgot Obama's biggest tie - the guy who killed cops as a Weatherman.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
              If we are going to bar people from government service because they have some connection to someone who might have done something bad, there will be no one left to serve.
              That is inaccurate and does not represent the situation with Whitaker:

              http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...109-story.html

              https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6dd6f56013b9

              https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/acti...ry?id=59067838

              Too many people allow too many excuses for the corruption in the current administration. And that comes from the top of the trash heap. Whitaker is a bad choice and was only chosen because he is a crony and yes-man. Is that what you prefer?

              https://www.washingtonpost.com/

              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                You forgot Obama's biggest tie - the guy who killed cops as a Weatherman.
                You were warned just yesterday to stop it with your name-calling.

                Have a nice time-out.

                ACG Staff
                Last edited by Salinator; 09 Nov 18, 14:40.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Massena View Post

                  But we're not talking about Obama, Holder or anyone else besides Whitaker, Yamamoto.
                  MM has been owned over that dumb post
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

                    Nice to see corruption at the highest level is boring.

                    I guess it's party over country.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                    youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Massena View Post

                      That is inaccurate and does not represent the situation with Whitaker:

                      http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...109-story.html

                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6dd6f56013b9

                      https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/acti...ry?id=59067838

                      Too many people allow too many excuses for the corruption in the current administration. And that comes from the top of the trash heap. Whitaker is a bad choice and was only chosen because he is a crony and yes-man. Is that what you prefer?

                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/
                      you posted no evidence of your claim of "ties". I read the CNN article you linked and it was silent on the issue.
                      If you are going to accuse people of corruption then you should link the evidence.
                      It isn't my responsibility to find it myself.

                      As for the articles you linked in this post, it still just said "ties" to a company that did a bad thing.
                      We don't convict based on "guilt by association".
                      If he was corrupt then tell us what crime he committed.
                      As far as I can see, all the articles say is that he worked for a company that was a scam. That tells us nothing about why he should be disqualified or is inherently corrupt. Is everyone who worked there guilty of a crime?

                      Again. I point to O'bama. He had close ties to a terrorist and a couple of felons.
                      But as there was no evidence of wrong doing by Obama, those ties weren't fatal to his goals.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                      Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                        You forgot Obama's biggest tie - the guy who killed cops as a Weatherman.
                        You are right. He had plenty of "ties" to Ayers.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                        Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Obama is relevant because we have no idea what to do about the "swamp". Making it a partisan issue doesn't help.
                          We hunt the hunters

                          Comment


                          • #14


                            https://theweek.com/speedreads/806851/trump-falsely-claims-doesnt-even-know-acting-attorney-general-matthew-whitaker


                            Ah, whats another lie. Our TDS brothers here well suck it up just the same. They seem to be scared off facts even when the facts come straight from the Jackaskes mouth

                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              Obama is relevant because we have no idea what to do about the "swamp". Making it a partisan issue doesn't help.
                              Sure we do, but we have no one with the stones to implement the corrective actions necessary to drain the swamp. What we do have is a government at war with itself and hellbent on its own destruction.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X