Did Jim Acosta Assault Female Intern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Actually, he never asked a question. He started out by saying, "I want to challenge you"... he then goes on to make a statement.
    Right.
    A press conference is an opportunity for journalists to ask questions and record answers. It's not a debating society.
    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

She might have been wrong in trying to remove the mic. That depends on who really owns it and you have made me aware that the WH might not.

If the mic is under the control of the WH, Trump has an absolute right to have it removed.
      Removing it from Acosta might not have been the right thing to do, but Acosta has no right to monopolize the mic, but that is more of a protocl question I guess.
      Trump has the right to remove Acosta from the press conference for disorderly conduct. I would have made an example out of him and had the Secret Sevice subdue him and have him hogtied and carried out of the room on national TV. I bet not one member of the liberal press would act like a kindergartener after that.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          So are you saying that Acosta assaulted her?

Its the subject of this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

So are you saying that Acosta assaulted her?

Its the subject of this thread.
            I've stated my opinion on this more than once. I think the interaction between the intern and Acosta is completely irrelevant. It doesn't rise to the level of an assault. That would be stupid. But, that said, Acosta wasn't asking a question, he was looking for an argument, a verbal fight. That is an assault of sorts too and completely unacceptable at a press conference by a US President. Acosta should never have started with "I'm challenging you..."

He deserved to be tossed out for those words alone. He's a reporter, not Trump's political opponent. He had ZERO reason to start his turn off by first challenging, then arguing with Trump. That was completely unacceptable.

Comment

• What happened to the freedom of the press????????

Comment

• Originally posted by bill shack View Post
                What happened to the freedom of the press????????
                What happened to yelling fire in a packed theater????????

Comment

• Trump is attacking the free press , what happened to the constitution ? is that not the first amendment, why is no one on the right saying anything ?, you know the right would scream if we go have the 2nd amendment.

Comment

Trump is attacking the free press , what happened to the constitution ? is that not the first amendment, why is no one on the right saying anything ?, you know the right would scream if we go have the 2nd amendment.

What has Trump done to affect Acosta's 1st amendment rights?

Acosta can say and write anything he wishes. Trump has just denied him the right to do it in the WH press room.
                    I'm not allowed in there either and my rights haven't been affected.
                    Last edited by Cambronnne; 09 Nov 18, 19:12.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Smells like a conspiracy theory pushed by RW operatives. Infowars most likely. It's best to not rely on panic mongering propaganda for news and facts.

Comment

Trump is attacking the free press , what happened to the constitution ? is that not the first amendment, why is no one on the right saying anything ?, you know the right would scream if we go have the 2nd amendment.
                        Huh? Trump is attacking? You are mixed up; it was the press that first initiated the attack with fake news. The stuff that is often written about and reported isn't even news; it's opinion and BS. The press needs to get their act together. BTW, stop buying into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                          Smells like a conspiracy theory pushed by RW operatives. Infowars most likely. It's best to not rely on panic mongering propaganda for news and facts.
                          Like CNN.

Comment

No, Trump is kicking out a single obnoxious ahole that wanted an argument rather than ask a question at a Q & A session. I'd do the same if I were holding one at some official venue. Acosta doesn't have the "right" to take the floor and make a speech followed by demands. That is, in essence, what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Like CNN.
                              What's wrong with CNN? Much more credible than RW operatives. I do understand that RW operatives tell you that CNN is 100% fake news. You shouldn't be so naive.

I probably listen to Fox and Rush more than anyone here.

Comment

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

What's wrong with CNN? Much more credible than RW operatives. I do understand that RW operatives tell you that CNN is 100% fake news. You shouldn't be so naive.

I probably listen to Fox and Rush more than anyone here.
                                CNN doesn't have a lot of credibility.

Also, I really don't care who you listen to or read. What impresses me is your ability to produce a reasonable and factual argument.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X