X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Jeez....

So, what was your first clue, Sherlock?
    His reminder was appreciated as I had forgotten that fact.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Democrats don't care about assaulting or raping women. It's only consensual hand movements they're concerned about.
      Seems to me that applies to the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee regarding Kavanaugh.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Seems to me that applies to the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee regarding Kavanaugh.
        He is so absurd. "Just grab them by the pussy"
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

One person that I haven't heard anything from during all of this is the intern herself.

Did she suffer any bruises, contusions, lacerations etc.? Was she wheeled out in a gurney afterwards?

Seems to me at a minimum she should press charges if she was assaulted.

BTW I'm not blaming her at all that she is being used as an excuse to ban a journalist. I could be wrong but it's probably why she hasn't been heard from, probably wants nothing to do with the current kerfuffle.

Comment

There is interesting opinion piece from BBC.
            I don't know Jim. He seems like a good guy. But I feel the episode needs context which is sorely lacking.

Jim Acosta was called on by the president to ask a question.

I'll say that again. He was called on by Donald Trump to ask whatever question he liked. And when he'd finished asking one, he then asked another - with interruption follow-ups in between.

It was only when he attempted his third question - or possibly fourth depending on how you define the follow-ups - that the president got angry and asked him to sit down.
            https://www.bbc.com/news/46147166
            Never would have believed that BBC of all things would publish fair and balanced piece on matter.
            "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery"
            Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
              One person that I haven't heard anything from during all of this is the intern herself.

Did she suffer any bruises, contusions, lacerations etc.? Was she wheeled out in a gurney afterwards?

Seems to me at a minimum she should press charges if she was assaulted.

BTW I'm not blaming her at all that she is being used as an excuse to ban a journalist. I could be wrong but it's probably why she hasn't been heard from, probably wants nothing to do with the current kerfuffle.
              An excuse? Oh, so Acosta is the good guy and did nothing wrong? Brilliant!
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by JML View Post
                There is interesting opinion piece from BBC.
                https://www.bbc.com/news/46147166
                Never would have believed that BBC of all things would publish fair and balanced piece on matter.
                Actually, he never asked a question. He started out by saying, "I want to challenge you"... he then goes on to make a statement.
                My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Actually, he never asked a question. He started out by saying, "I want to challenge you"... he then goes on to make a statement.
                  Which comes back to my point on this subject: Acosta wasn't asking a question. He was picking a fight with Trump. Yes, a verbal one, but no less a fight. That would turn the press conference from a question and answer session and a Presidential statement into an argument started by an eight year old (Acosta). Acosta should have known better, being-- supposedly-- a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Which comes back to my point on this subject: Acosta wasn't asking a question. He was picking a fight with Trump. Yes, a verbal one, but no less a fight. That would turn the press conference from a question and answer session and a Presidential statement into an argument started by an eight year old (Acosta). Acosta should have known better, being-- supposedly-- a professional.
                    I've watched a few of these press conferences and these liberal journalists have no manners. Yes, they should get rid of them when they act like jerks.
                    My worst jump story:
                    No lie.

~
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      Brilliant!
                      Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
                        That's twice you missed the point.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

That's twice you missed the point.
                          So you're saying he did assault her?

Comment

• You guys are too funny.

Ever really checked Trump's manners? Makes the liberal journalists' manners decidedly look civil.

Check the www. There's a shipload of examples of the rudeness of the president of the United States, including rudely pushing a fellow statesman aside during a press event. There's your classic example of battery, and very, very intentional indeed.
                            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                              You guys are too funny.

Ever really checked Trump's manners? Makes the liberal journalists' manners decidedly look civil.

Check the www. There's a shipload of examples of the rudeness of the president of the United States, including rudely pushing a fellow statesman aside during a press event. There's your classic example of battery, and very, very intentional indeed.
                              He also gave his approval of a governor body slamming a journalist.

Yep he leads by example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                                You guys are too funny.

Not just intentional but International as well. There started the decline of the opinions country's have for the US.
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X