Did Jim Acosta Assault Female Intern?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Others my star acting like gentlemen when Trump takes the lead. Please hold your breath until that happens.
    So you’re saying men can use physical force against women until Trump meets your definition of “gentleman?” You’re like Harvey Weinstein
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

The way I see it is Acosta was acting like Leftists do at universities all the time at press conferences. They get the floor, interrupt, shout questions, make on-the-spot lectures, and otherwise disrupt the process. It seems they think they are the most important person present and the only one that has a right to be heard.
      Acosta asked his question, then kept on going with more and more. He began to badger Trump when he didn't get an answer he liked. Trump wanted to move on and give others a chance to ask a question but Acosta wouldn't give up the mic. This was all Acosta's fault for being a Progressive knucklehead rather than a reasonable person and journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

actually looking at the video she may of assaulted him because she reached across his body and into his personal space and caused the contact.
        Who controls the mic? Acosta or the Whitehouse?
        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Pushback by Acoster-

Image result for acosta intern
          {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Two people were 'hostile' at the news conference: Trump and the intern. Trump set the tone for the news conference and he was openly hostile towards the reporters.
            Trump was not hostile until he pointed his finger at Acosta and called him disgusting. And even that was after Acosta put his hands on a female intern. The standards of never Trumpers has reached a new low.

Comment

Wrong about self defense I refer you to your childhood. Where more than likely you or your frends may of played a game in which someone acts like they are going to do something and you automatically react.

That what I saw here. Her movement was sudden and unexpected and he reacted. I was actually surprised by her movement.

btw I also like to put this one of in the catergory suppose it was a male reaching for the mic would we being seeing the same thing.

I agree that if it were a male reaching for the mic we would view it differently.

But it wasn't.
              If he were charged criminally, he could claim self defense, but I doubt it would be useful.
              Self defense requires that he reasonably believe that she was a threat.
              As HPJ noted, he doesn't even look at her. As such, it would be hard to say that his actions were driven by a perceived threat from her.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

So you’re saying men can use physical force against women until Trump meets your definition of “gentleman?” You’re like Harvey Weinstein
                Great comparison there. Those two creeps have a lot in common. "Grab by the___"
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                  Nonsense, all of it.
                  Reflex actions. It's clear what happened, making a fuss out of this is so………...…... American.
                  He persisted too long for it to be reflexes. He didn’t apologize either. He saw a woman and used force.

Comment

Great comparison there. Those two creeps have a lot in common. "Grab by the___"
                    Stick to the subject. You think it’s ok for men to use physical force against women. Own it.

Comment

actually looking at the video she may of assaulted him because she reached across his body and into his personal space and caused the contact.

But on the other hand bad form by him and bad form by the President.

I think that is a reasonable interpretation of her actions as well.
                      However, the actions of the president aren't really relevant because they do not justify anything Acosta did with the intern.

Nothing Trump says or does, justifies taking action against a 3rd person.
                      Acosta's actions would be judged solely based on his interaction with the intern, not with Trump

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Oh I see...not that he did but you would show no signs of resistance if someone try's to rip something, that was rightfully given for your use out of your hand. What if s"he had smiled and ask, "PLEASE"

Borderruffian hit the nail on the head.
                        Acosta had no right to deny possession of the mic to anyone.
                        The intern had the superior right of possession and control of the mic was never given to Acosta on anything other than a temporary basis.
                        That period ends when the owner of the mic says it does.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Stick to the subject. You think it’s ok for men to use physical force against women. Own it.
                          I stuck with you going off topic. Deal with it. Your comment on mistreating women is disgusting. If Acosta had punched the woman out would be one thing. What he did isn't even worth comparing.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I stuck with you going off topic. Deal with it. Your comment on mistreating women is disgusting. If Acosta had punched the woman out would be one thing. What he did isn't even worth comparing.
                            Your manners are noted

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I certainly have more expertise than you do, but that isn't saying much.

A "battery" is an unwanted touching. He touched her and it is clear he intended to do so. Whether it was "just to keep the mic" isn't important, but feel free to think it is.
                              In order for the battery to be actionable there must be an intent to make contact and that contact be of an insulting or provoking nature.

The fact that you feel that "accidentally" stepping on a foot is relevant tells me you really don't have any clue of what you are talking about but won't let that stop you. "Hint": inclusion of the word "accidentally" makes the whole point irrelevant.

It remains "technically" a battery.
                              But please educate me some more on things you know nothing about.

AS usual you do not understand the rebuttal.

The stepping on someone's foot was a rebuttal to your claim that "A battery is defined as an "unwanted touching" which came without qualifications.
                              Obviously, there are unwanted touches which cannot be defined as a battery, thus the example I mentioned of stepping on someone's foot accidentally.

The second point is that even if the touch was intentional, it is still not a battery.

Feel free to educate us how one can use the video to legally argue that the touch was of an "insulting or provoking nature" under any reasonable standard. Only hacks can accept such nonsense!

Technically, it is not a battery.
                              Last edited by pamak; 08 Nov 18, 14:11.
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

That period ends when the owner of the mic says it does.
                                The simplest thing would have been just to turn OFF the power to the microphone or cut the feed from it.

Or, better yet, turn up the gain from the microphone so high that the interference screech it caused would have deafened everyone in the room (and instantly made him the most disliked person in it.)
                                ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                                2) Enjoy playing it
                                3) Enjoy sharing it
                                4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X