Did Jim Acosta Assault Female Intern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Ok, you're funny and I pity your belief that your feelings supersede simple reality.

Look at his left hand.
    The moment there is contact with her arm as she reaches for the mic, it technically becomes a battery.
    Given that you admit there is contact, it is kind of ridiculous to try and argue there was not a "battery" as I've described.
    Even a "brushing" is a "battery". A battery is defined as an "unwanted touching".

You can argue that it might not have been of an "insulting or provoking nature", but not that the contact was anything other than a technical battery.
    But do continue.

His left arm was already extended away from his body hence the 'moving his arm back to a natural position'. So again intent.
    ​​​​​​
    And you previously said his actions/reactions could ONLY be insulting or provocative so.....

I think you have dug yourself into a hole here sonny

But please do continue.

Comment

Lol. I want to thank the conservative Americans for dragging the level of discussion in these forums so low that I can finally leave. Bye, enjoy your soon to be echo-chamber.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Are you saying he didn't "intend" to knock her hand away?
        He clearly intended that. The question is whether it was insulting or provoking.

Did it ever occur to you that the intent was actually neither of the things you claim but it was just to keep the mike?
        It is not "technically" a battery unless you are a partisan

Originally posted by Cambronnne
        Given that you admit there is contact, it is kind of ridiculous to try and argue there was not a "battery" as I've described.
        Even a "brushing" is a "battery". A battery is defined as an "unwanted touching".

An unwanted touch without an intent to harm or provoke or insult is not a battery. This is based on how YOU described battery under Illinois law: "A person may be charged with the crime of battery under Illinois law if he or she makes actual physical contact with another individual with the intent to injure, provoke, or insult that person..

Have you ever stepped on someone's foot accidentally?
        And you are trying to pass as a legal "expert" here...

I certainly have more expertise than you do, but that isn't saying much.

A "battery" is an unwanted touching. He touched her and it is clear he intended to do so. Whether it was "just to keep the mic" isn't important, but feel free to think it is.
        In order for the battery to be actionable there must be an intent to make contact and that contact be of an insulting or provoking nature.

The fact that you feel that "accidentally" stepping on a foot is relevant tells me you really don't have any clue of what you are talking about but won't let that stop you. "Hint": inclusion of the word "accidentally" makes the whole point irrelevant.

It remains "technically" a battery.
        But please educate me some more on things you know nothing about.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Fortunately the President wasn't using insulting language.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I certainly have more expertise than you do, but that isn't saying much.
            A "battery" is an unwanted touching. If it were He touched her and it is clear he intended to do so. Whether it was "just to keep the mic" isn't important, but feel free to think it is.
            In order for the battery to be actionable there must be an intent to make contact and that contact be of an insulting or provoking nature.

The fact that you feel that "accidentally" stepping on a foot is relevant tells me you really don't have any clue of what you are talking about but won't let that stop you. "Hint": inclusion of the word "accidentally" makes the whole point irrelevant.

It remains "technically" a battery.
            But please educate me some more on things you know nothing about.
            What does he do for a profession? Do you know?

Comment

SHE initiated the body contact not he

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

His left arm was already extended away from his body hence the 'moving his arm back to a natural position'. So again intent.
                ​​​​​​
                And you previously said his actions/reactions could ONLY be insulting or provocative so.....

I think you have dug yourself into a hole here sonny

But please do continue.

You are trying to justify his actions which is an entirely different issue.

The contact he made with her wasn't in self defense and was intentional. He intended to move his hand down and clearly was intending to block her.
                Whether his actions were reasonable isn't the point.
                That is why I keep saying "technically" a battery.
                Whether it meets the rest of the elements of the actual crime remains to be seen.

And before you lie about what I said, you might want to reread what is actually in my post. I said that the only question is whether it is insulting or provocative.
                See #4
                The only question is whether his contact was of an "insulting or provoking nature".

So please tell me where I am mistaken. This will be fascinating.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  What does he do for a profession? Do you know?
                  why is that relevant?
                  Reporters don't have any dispensation from having to follow the same laws that apply to the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                    Lol. I want to thank the conservative Americans for dragging the level of discussion in these forums so low that I can finally leave. Bye, enjoy your soon to be echo-chamber.
                    Translation: "My indefensible position has actually been challenged, time to cut and run."

Comment

why is that relevant?
                      Reporters don't have any dispensation from having to follow the same laws that apply to the rest of us.
                      Tell me. You brought the subject up.

Comment

The intern rushed up and stuck her hand literally in his face and across his arm. Who is at fault? Not Acosta, except he should have given up the mike freely, the Intern is the one assaulting and not Acosta.
                        That is correct. There was no battery nor assault. The intern was attempting to take away the microphone and Acosta pulled it away so she could not. All you have to do is to watch the video. It is quite clear.
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Tell me. You brought the subject up.
                          The rudeness is on the part of the president. Perhaps if he just let them ask their questions and not continually either interrupt or attempt to shout them down there would be no problems at all.
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

SHE initiated the body contact not he
                            Exactly. It's in the video and quite clear.

Comment

You are trying to justify his actions which is an entirely different issue.

The contact he made with her wasn't in self defense and was intentional. He intended to move his hand down and clearly was intending to block her.
                              Whether his actions were reasonable isn't the point.
                              That is why I keep saying "technically" a battery.
                              Whether it meets the rest of the elements of the actual crime remains to be seen.

And before you lie about what I said, you might want to reread what is actually in my post. I said that the only question is whether it is insulting or provocative.
                              See #4
                              The only question is whether his contact was of an "insulting or provoking nature".

So please tell me where I am mistaken. This will be fascinating.
                              Well for one thing you seem incapable of understanding my point. So I will explain it as I would a child.

His left arm was outstretched, she approached him, he pivoted away, he straightened up,, she was still close to him, he brought his left arm down to his side and incidentally made contact.

No intentional contact, therefore no intent.

So in answer to the question of this ****ing stupid thread: no I don't think Jim Acosta assaulted a WH intern and you are an idiot if you think he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

That is correct. There was no battery nor assault. The intern was attempting to take away the microphone and Acosta pulled it away so she could not. All you have to do is to watch the video. It is quite clear.
                                Follow his eyes...he never even looked in her direction.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X