Did Jim Acosta Assault Female Intern?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jim Acosta Assault Female Intern?

As you may know, the left has been having a meltdown over Trumps press conference the other day, where he called Jim Acosta of CNN a disgraceful human being, among other things. But this exchange was anticipated by Acosta putting his hands on a female White House intern. It was aggressive, and as far as I know it was unprecedented. Acosta has since been denied access to the White House for this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ite-House.html
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Originally posted by American87 View Post
    As you may know, the left has been having a meltdown over Trumps press conference the other day, where he called Jim Acosta of CNN a disgraceful human being, among other things. But this exchange was anticipated by Acosta putting his hands on a female White House intern. It was aggressive, and as far as I know it was unprecedented. Acosta has since been denied access to the White House for this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ite-House.html
    Can you not look at the raw footage to form your own opinion?

Clearly not.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

Can you not look at the raw footage to form your own opinion?

Clearly not.
      Just asking. I have free speech in this country.
      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Just asking. I have free speech in this country.

Technically, he committed a battery.

A person may be charged with the crime of battery under Illinois law if he or she makes actual physical contact with another individual with the intent to injure, provoke, or insult that person.

The only question is whether his contact was of an "insulting or provoking nature".
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

That's an assault?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Technically, he committed a battery.

A person may be charged with the crime of battery under Illinois law if he or she makes actual physical contact with another individual with the intent to injure, provoke, or insult that person.

The only question is whether his contact was of an "insulting or provoking nature".
            You have to prove intent, that isn't a technicality

And that still doesn't address my question:why can't NationaltyDOB look at the footage and form his own opinion.

But by all means continue.....
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Acoster has denied even touching the intern, but it's obvious he did.

Not sure if it counts as "assault" but definitely bad behavior on the part of Acoster.
              {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

You have to prove intent, that isn't a technicality

And that still doesn't address my question:why can't NationaltyDOB look at the footage and form his own opinion.

But by all means continue.....
                ​​​​​​
                Are you saying he didn't "intend" to knock her hand away?
                He clearly intended that. The question is whether it was insulting or provoking.

You looked at the footage and still came up with the wrong conclusion so I guess I'm not sure of your point.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

He clearly intended that. The question is whether it was insulting or provoking.

You looked at the footage and still came up with the wrong conclusion so I guess I'm not sure of your point.

I looked at the footage and saw nothing wrong: pulling the mic towards himself and the back of his other hand brushing her body as he moved it back towards a natural position.

​​​​​​If you think otherwise I genuinely pity you.

Comment

I looked at the footage and saw nothing wrong: pulling the mic towards himself and the back of his other hand brushing her body as he moved it back towards a natural position.

​​​​​​If you think otherwise I genuinely pity you.

Ok, you're funny and I pity your belief that your feelings supersede simple reality.

Look at his left hand.
                    The moment there is contact with her arm as she reaches for the mic, it technically becomes a battery.
                    Given that you admit there is contact, it is kind of ridiculous to try and argue there was not a "battery" as I've described.
                    Even a "brushing" is a "battery". A battery is defined as an "unwanted touching".

You can argue that it might not have been of an "insulting or provoking nature", but not that the contact was anything other than a technical battery.
                    But do continue.

Comment

Did it ever occur to you that the intent was actually neither of the things you claim but it was just to keep the mike?
                      It is not "technically" a battery unless you are a partisan

Originally posted by Cambronnne
                      Given that you admit there is contact, it is kind of ridiculous to try and argue there was not a "battery" as I've described.
                      Even a "brushing" is a "battery". A battery is defined as an "unwanted touching".

An unwanted touch without an intent to harm or provoke or insult is not a battery. This is based on how YOU described battery under Illinois law: "A person may be charged with the crime of battery under Illinois law if he or she makes actual physical contact with another individual with the intent to injure, provoke, or insult that person..

Have you ever stepped on someone's foot accidentally?
                      And you are trying to pass as a legal "expert" here...
                      Last edited by pamak; 08 Nov 18, 09:53.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

The intern rushed up and stuck her hand literally in his face and across his arm. Who is at fault? Not Acosta, except he should have given up the mike freely, the Intern is the one assaulting and not Acosta.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What people here are missing is the real criminal act that took place, how dare Acosta ask a question of Trump that he doesn't like!

Just like that racist black woman asking Trump to explain his comments on being a 'Nationalist'. He really turned the tables on her.

Trump needs to call his Russian and Saudi buddies. I'm sure they can provide some good advice on how to handle 'fake newsers'.

Comment

I looked at the footage and saw nothing wrong...
                            Of course you didn't, because as with any other event your vision first passed through the same prism permanently blocking your field of view, one molded by nothing more than unadulterated hate. But you are certainly not alone, the overwhelmingly vast majority of liberal/progressives suffer from the same affliction, the result of which is a complete inability to apply reason to any situation. To wit:

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            The intern rushed up and stuck her hand literally in his face and across his arm. Who is at fault? Not Acosta, except he should have given up the mike freely, the Intern is the one assaulting and not Acosta.
                            In the face of a complete ass displaying unbridled anger, aggression, and arrogant presumption, the intern is to blame.

The left is insane. To wit:

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
                            What people here are missing is the real criminal act that took place, how dare Acosta ask a question of Trump that he doesn't like!
                            Acosta didn't have a question, he simply starting yelling about his definition of the migrant caravan with the standard liberal/progressive intent of displaying his open disdain for the President combined with idiotic belief he, Acosta, was smarter than anyone else in the room. But then this is standard leftist third-grade playground behavior.

Just like that racist black woman asking Trump to explain his comments on being a 'Nationalist'. He really turned the tables on her.
                            Tell us please, why is the fact that particular woman was black important? What shield does that provide her from her question and behavior being analyzed and/or criticized?

But you won't answer either of those questions.

Trump needs to call his Russian and Saudi buddies. I'm sure they can provide some good advice on how to handle 'fake newsers'.
                            After two years of investigation yielding nothing in regard to evidence, you still believe this Russian nonsense. Kinda clouds any point you wish to make.

Last edited by Martok; 08 Nov 18, 12:24.
                            QamuIs Heg qaq law' lorvIs yInqaq puS

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Comment

Obviously, Mr. Acosta was not listening to or heeding the wishes of the president who is, technically, the host and the person in charge of the press conference. It amazes me that the bad behavior and rudeness of the WH press corps is tolerated to the point that it is by the president and his spokespersons.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X