More California insanity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More California insanity.

California has passed a law requiring all egg production be "cage free" by 2025. The law also requires specific larger cage sizes for calves and pigs.

Among those opposed to the measure were the National Pork Producers Council and the Association of California Egg Farmers, which said it will raise costs for farmers and, as a result, prices for consumers.
    The nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office says Proposition 12 would likely result in an increase in prices for eggs, pork and veal partly because farmers would have to remodel or build new housing for animals.
    It could also cost the state as much as $10 million a year to enforce and millions of dollars more a year in lost tax revenues from farm businesses that choose to stop or reduce production because of higher costs, the office said.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...gs-a-state-law

Want to bet more farmers move out of California...

So does the law prohibit the importation of eggs from other states (or Mexico)?

Tuebor

Comment

Why is it insanity?
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        California has passed a law requiring all egg production be "cage free" by 2025. The law also requires specific larger cage sizes for calves and pigs.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...gs-a-state-law

Want to bet more farmers move out of California...
        Why is the more humane treatment of food animals insane?

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

Why is the more humane treatment of food animals insane?
          Farm animals are food not friends. That's why. Oh, let's treat these animals as if they were pets... and then we'll slaughter them! This is stupidity by people who think that the food in a grocery store just magically appears there out of thin air.

When I drive by a scene like this:

I tell the grandkids, "Look! Hamburgers!"

Comment

California is no state for poor people. High energy, housing, food, and transportation costs. These kinds of things have very little effect on the liberals that introduce them because they can easily afford the additional cost, the necessities of life being a relatively small percentage of their income. If you are buying organic food you are in the 1 percent of the world's population that can afford such luxuries.

I'm all for the humane treatment of farm animals but believe that the market is a preferably way to get there. That may mean that segments of the population will not be able to afford some items but the market may find solutions or alternatives over time. What effect top down imposition of values will have on the poor's nutrition is hard to say but it isn't an inconsequential question.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Farm animals are food not friends. That's why. Oh, let's treat these animals as if they were pets... and then we'll slaughter them! This is stupidity by people who think that the food in a grocery store just magically appears there out of thin air.

I saw a bullfight in Spain once. It turned me off red meat for a month. Itís like taking candy from a baby.
              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Look no cages either!!!

Dumb dumb dumb.....

Comment

and the kids say "Grandpa, I wish we were,t related.

and where in AZ are there green fields like this.

IF your AZ is such a great place why is you GDP so fare down from CA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...GDP_per_capita

CA #8 and you glorious AZ is 44th, can get much lower.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You sound disconnected.
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

So do I.

But common sense tells us that the humane treatment of food animals is a good thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

and the kids say "Grandpa, I wish we were,t related.

and where in AZ are there green fields like this.

IF your AZ is such a great place why is you GDP so fare down from CA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...GDP_per_capita

CA #8 and you glorious AZ is 44th, can get much lower.
                        Actually, in comparison of US states, California performs much worse than Arizona.

Yes, California is #1 in population and GDP (39,776,830-- $2,746,873 millions) versus Arizona being #14 in pop and #21 in GDP (7,530,552 -- $319,850 millions)

But, when you divide population by GDP to get the GDP per person in the state.... Arizona gets $23.54 versus California's $14.48. That is, Arizona is nearly TWICE as productive as California. No wonder... Between massive regulations, high taxes, and a large population on welfare, California isn't very productive for its massive size.

California is the fail here.

The northern half of Arizona is more like Colorado too:

Comment

Governor of NAZ in a GAY? Must make MM gay ah happy
                          36. Arizona

• 5 yr. GDP annual growth rate: +1.6% (18th largest increase)
                          • 2017 GDP: $277.7 billion (21st largest)
                          • June 2018 Unemployment: 4.7% (tied -- 4th highest)
                          • 5 yr. annual employment growth: +2.0% (10th largest increase)
                          8. California

• 5 yr. GDP annual growth rate: +2.9% (2nd largest increase)
                          • 2017 GDP: $2.4 trillion (the largest)
                          • June 2018 Unemployment: 4.2% (tied -- 18th highest)
                          • 5 yr. annual employment growth: +2.2% (8th largest increase)

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            Governor of NAZ in a GAY? Must make MM gay ah happy
                            I tried to several gibberish translation programs to make sense of that but no luck...

Comment

You, Northern AZ NAZ is like CO. CO just elected a GAY governor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X