Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Constraints of the Dunning-Kreuger and Backfire Effects on Meaningful Dialogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by American87 View Post

I always disliked Obama because he seems to be on the "I know everything" level. Same with Hillary. Trump tweets a lot, but he keeps his policy moves secret, so who knows about him?

I don't know, I wish I could be all that I could be.
    So you are frightened (intimidated) by intelligent people. Too bad..... and stop whining.

I know you wish you were more, ..... Well stop wishing,.... it ain't goin' to happen in this lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Those issues are settled, 97 percent of the intelligent people have already been told what to believe.
      This dog doesn't understand the nexus of free thinking, self-directed study, and intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

It's just that I am not interested in your unsubstantiated opinions. I am here to have serious dialogue on an important subject, and the only way to have a profitable exchange of ideas is to bring facts to bear. In your case, stop trying to demonize a group you dislike, and get on with the discussion.

So for that reason I ask again: Please provide proof of your claim that the D-K effect "afflicts the Left more often than the rest of the spectrum." If you can't, admit it so we can push on.

I'm now thinking this "ad hominem" thing is a ploy. If you repeat it often enough, people who don't actually read my posts may believe it is true. After all, if you can't back up your arguments with facts, perhaps you can get me suspended by using a mantra of "ad hominem attacks" which in and of itself is an "ad hominem" attack on me.

No you're not, two people have tried to engage you in a discussion and you rejected both because they weren'’t saying what you want to hear.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Maslow is a liberal : thus under the bus with him;he is also a psychologist =stupid, thus under the bus with him .Besides, today's psychologists label his theories as obsolete .
          We need a lot of Greyhounds .

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

No you're not, two people have tried to engage you in a discussion and you rejected both because they weren'’t saying what you want to hear.
            What Maslow is saying is not an important subject, but an unimportant subject .

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post
              So you have no sources to support your claim that the Dunning-Kreuger and Backfire Effects only affect people on the "Left."
              He never said "only" the Left. If you can't debate honestly, please stop wasting our time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X