Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Progressive Leftist pettiness. Another resturant protester

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More Progressive Leftist pettiness. Another resturant protester

    This time against Mitch McConnell. The protester(s) waited until his wife Elane Chao (Secretary of Transportation) was away from the table to confront him. Seems they were scared of her...

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

    Only this time the other diners started heckling the protesters telling them to shut up and leave.

  • #2
    Ya a guy that whats to cut SS, Medicare etc and says the increased debt isn't his responsibility should RIP. Jackass!

    Comment


    • #3
      Standard Progressive Leftist Stupidity. Not just pettiness.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

      Comment


      • #4
        People should be left to eat in peace. Unfortunately, there are too many rude and crude people who believe that they can do whatever they want to. This is an excellent example of this.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have to disagree. Politicians are responsible to the people, and when they do something that isn't liked, they need to know. The choice of venue was questionable, maybe, but where else can people actually confront their hired help? Because that's what McConnell is - the hired help.

          A major part of our lousy government representation is the isolation of the politicians from the people they supposed to serve.

          And waiting until the wife was absent was politeness, not fear.

          The First Amendment is a powerful thing thing, and politicians would do well to remember that they might work in the rarified atmosphere of Washington, but they have to live in our world, and it's our opinion that matters, not theirs.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I have to disagree. Politicians are responsible to the people, and when they do something that isn't liked, they need to know. The choice of venue was questionable, maybe, but where else can people actually confront their hired help? Because that's what McConnell is - the hired help.

            A major part of our lousy government representation is the isolation of the politicians from the people they supposed to serve.

            And waiting until the wife was absent was politeness, not fear.

            The First Amendment is a powerful thing thing, and politicians would do well to remember that they might work in the rarified atmosphere of Washington, but they have to live in our world, and it's our opinion that matters, not theirs.
            Very well put.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I have to disagree. Politicians are responsible to the people, and when they do something that isn't liked, they need to know. The choice of venue was questionable, maybe, but where else can people actually confront their hired help? Because that's what McConnell is - the hired help.

              A major part of our lousy government representation is the isolation of the politicians from the people they supposed to serve.

              And waiting until the wife was absent was politeness, not fear.

              The First Amendment is a powerful thing thing, and politicians would do well to remember that they might work in the rarified atmosphere of Washington, but they have to live in our world, and it's our opinion that matters, not theirs.
              People have an absolute right to speak their minds, but screeching of this sort shouldn't be supported.
              McConnel is answerable to the voters at home, not the mob in a restaurant. The same is true for Pelosi.

              The people who engage in this behavior seem to think otherwise.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Massena View Post
                People should be left to eat in peace. Unfortunately, there are too many rude and crude people who believe that they can do whatever they want to. This is an excellent example of this.
                When was the last time this pos had a real Town Hall meeting were people of KY can voice the opinions face to face?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Tell me K, if someone was close enough to talk too was threatening your income, minimum income, would you just sit there and smile? I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

                    People have an absolute right to speak their minds, but screeching of this sort shouldn't be supported.
                    McConnel is answerable to the voters at home, not the mob in a restaurant. The same is true for Pelosi.

                    The people who engage in this behavior seem to think otherwise.
                    The people in the restaurant are "the voters from home". We all are, wherever we are, because what the Washington bottom feeders do affects all of us.

                    The First amendment is not limited to those with a personal interest, and if it is acceptable for Americans to riot in protest against Trump, and to shriek and scream in person when Trump is present in person, then it is absolutely acceptable for McConnell to face the American public when he is in public.

                    Some things to remember:
                    1. politicians are all volunteers.
                    2. they make their living off the labor of the people.
                    3. they work for us.
                    4. they are subject at all times to our pleasure or displeasure at their performance.
                    5. by volunteering to work in the public eye, they forfeited all right to privacy while in public, the only place where their employers can express themselves face-to-face.


                    They chose this life. If they can't take it they can leave at any time, but until then the criticisms come with the perks and the salaries.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "Democrats produce Mobs.
                      Republicans produce jobs."

                      - Your President

                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

                      -Captain Jack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        ...People should be left to eat in peace...
                        Or order take out. I'm guessing Elaine doesn't cook.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          "Democrats produce Mobs.
                          Republicans produce jobs."

                          - Your President

                          You must have missed .Charlottesville. More like trying to ignore it

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

                            You must have missed .Charlottesville. More like trying to ignore it
                            I didn't miss it. The far Right got permits and followed local government rules to hold a protest. Whatever your feelings about that, they did the legal thing. The Left showed up en masse and began to fight with the Right. The Leftists had no permits. They didn't follow local rules or law. They did what the hell they wanted.

                            That's the gist of Charlottesville, and pretty much the case wherever the Left shows up to protest. Rules and law don't apply to them, only the other guys.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              I didn't miss it. The far Right got permits and followed local government rules to hold a protest. Whatever your feelings about that, they did the legal thing. The Left showed up en masse and began to fight with the Right. The Leftists had no permits. They didn't follow local rules or law. They did what the hell they wanted.

                              That's the gist of Charlottesville, and pretty much the case wherever the Left shows up to protest. Rules and law don't apply to them, only the other guys.


                              If you stop swallowing the claims you read in your BS sources or the claims you hear from Trump and start reading more Wa Po, you will save ourselves from the need to correct you about the factual inaccuracies you spread from your "fake news" sources.

                              https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...unter-protest/

                              The Washington Post Fact Checker published a document in an earlier fact-check showing that counter-protesters had indeed acquired an official permit for Saturday, when the Unite the Right march was scheduled.

                              Here is the actual permit

                              https://www.scribd.com/document/3564...val#from_embed



                              Now, please continue lecturing us in other threads about the unreliability of the sources we, the "leftists," use...

                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X