Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nuclear Treaty with Russia...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Nuclear Treaty with Russia...

    This proposed action is both ignorant and stupid:

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/polit...sia/index.html

    If the US keeps pulling out of treaties and agreements, the word of the US will end up meaning nothing and our allies won't trust us.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    It really comes down to who you believe, Trump or Putin. Judging by how Russia is openly acting with regards to Georgia, Crimea, and the Ukraine, I would rather believe Trump on his claims than Putin on his denials.

    I disagree on how this would make the word of the USA any less valid. In fact, it should strengthen it. By refusing to ignore transgressions of treaties, it strengthens their word by demanding compliance.
    ScenShare Guidelines:

    1) Enjoy creating it
    2) Enjoy playing it
    3) Enjoy sharing it
    4) Enjoy helping others create them

    The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

    FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
      It really comes down to who you believe, Trump or Putin. Judging by how Russia is openly acting with regards to Georgia, Crimea, and the Ukraine, I would rather believe Trump on his claims than Putin on his denials.

      I disagree on how this would make the word of the USA any less valid. In fact, it should strengthen it. By refusing to ignore transgressions of treaties, it strengthens their word by demanding compliance.
      You can't trust either of them-both are liars.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post

        I disagree on how this would make the word of the USA any less valid. In fact, it should strengthen it. By refusing to ignore transgressions of treaties, it strengthens their word by demanding compliance.
        Nope, if you've followed the news at all you should have noticed that the value of your word has crashed like the 1920's stock market.
        Wisdom is personal

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
          I.....

          I disagree on how this would make the word of the USA any less valid. In fact, it should strengthen it. By refusing to ignore transgressions of treaties, it strengthens their word by demanding compliance.
          You are using facts and reason, so stand by for unlimited outrage from the radical Left.

          Yes, you don't have a treaty if the other guy is cheating you. This is another fantastic concept that the Left cannot abode by; actions have consequences.
          People are responsible for upholding their end of the bargain.
          Trying to get a better deal for your country will annoy evil people, but who cares? Screw them.

          And isn't it incredible.... the very same Leftists that scream and cry about how horrible Russia is and how Putin stole the election for Trump are NOW wailing that Trump is crazy to be calling out the Russians for cheating, yet again, on yet anther treaty!

          These dummies are literally playing the "damned if he does and damned if he does not" game and think nobody notices how idiotic the whole thing is.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

          -Captain Jack

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Massena View Post
            This proposed action is both ignorant and stupid:

            https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/polit...sia/index.html

            If the US keeps pulling out of treaties and agreements, the word of the US will end up meaning nothing and our allies won't trust us.
            Massena supports Putin .
            Nothing special: if Trump was potus in December 1941, Massena would blame him for Pearl Harbour and support Tojo .

            Comment


            • #7
              The GOP disagrees with Trump on pulling out of the nuclear treaty:

              https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

                You are using facts and reason, so stand by for unlimited outrage from the radical Left.

                Yes, you don't have a treaty if the other guy is cheating you. This is another fantastic concept that the Left cannot abode by; actions have consequences.
                People are responsible for upholding their end of the bargain.
                Trying to get a better deal for your country will annoy evil people, but who cares? Screw them.

                And isn't it incredible.... the very same Leftists that scream and cry about how horrible Russia is and how Putin stole the election for Trump are NOW wailing that Trump is crazy to be calling out the Russians for cheating, yet again, on yet anther treaty!

                These dummies are literally playing the "damned if he does and damned if he does not" game and think nobody notices how idiotic the whole thing is.
                If there is cheating, then you have to prove it. Pulling out of the treaty does not stop the cheating in the first place. Pulling out also negates all the work and achievement that Reagan is responsible for. Get a grip.

                By the way, what 'better deal' is Trump after? He's playing right into Putin's hands. If you really want a 'better deal' then you build on what is already in place, not negate it and start over.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  The GOP disagrees with Trump on pulling out of the nuclear treaty:

                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
                  False interpretation : Corker and Paul are not the GOP.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                    False interpretation : Corker and Paul are not the GOP.
                    They are certainly part of it. It would be nice if you could at least post a few things that are sourced and accurate.
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                      Massena supports Putin .
                      Nothing special: if Trump was potus in December 1941, Massena would blame him for Pearl Harbour and support Tojo .
                      Massena cannot support anything Russian but he has a point. What is the goal to retreat from the treaty ?
                      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Emtos View Post

                        What is the goal to retreat from the treaty ?
                        Lots of possible reasons such as:

                        1) Publicly inform Europeans about their increased exposure and vulnerability
                        2) A warning against an expansionist Russia
                        3) If USA was abiding by the terms of the Treaty, withdrawal would allow them to re-deploy weapons or conduct research in the area
                        4) Make it clear that the abrogation of any Treaty terms with the USA will not be tolerated. This will reinforce adherence to all other Treaties made with the USA.
                        ScenShare Guidelines:

                        1) Enjoy creating it
                        2) Enjoy playing it
                        3) Enjoy sharing it
                        4) Enjoy helping others create them

                        The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

                        FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          1. They will not care.
                          2. Russia will not care.
                          3. This was certainly the case even when the treaty was in effect.
                          4. Until now USA was the one to break treaties even when the other side respected all terms.
                          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Massena View Post

                            They are certainly part of it. It would be nice if you could at least post a few things that are sourced and accurate.
                            It would be nice if you could stop with falsifying the content of your sources : your source said that 2 GOP senators ( Corker and Paul ) disagreed with Trump, 2 senators on 51. YOU have falsified this by saying that the GOP disagreed with Trump .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Emtos View Post

                              Massena cannot support anything Russian but he has a point. What is the goal to retreat from the treaty ?
                              Massena has a false point : he would have suppoprted Bin Laden if Trump was potus in 2001 .
                              In countless posts he has accused Trump to be a henchman of Putin, now he says that Trump is cheating Putin .
                              I don't know what the goal is to retreat from the treaty ,and I don't care . The treaty is 31 years old,its expiration date has arrived .

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X