The Soros Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Not actually. The group that does spend about 100 x plus is unions, almost all of that going to the Left.

https://www.westernjournal.com/koch-...ge-soros-fear/

On the other hand, the Koch's most spend on lobbying and have to report their spending carefully and fully. Soros gives most of his money to 527's and doesn't have to reveal much if anything about how he's backing them.
    If you had actually read the whole article instead of reading the title and the parts that you like, you would not have posted it

from your link

The Koch brothers and Soros spend lavishly in politics. They support individual candidates, contribute to political party campaign funds, lobby politicians, bankroll political action committees, and have established foundations and think tanks to influence politics.

The Kochs spend by far the most, but the bulk of it goes to lobbying. The Open Society Institute is one of George Soros’ organizations, and they provide part of the funding of OpenSecrets.org; so even realizing that their data may be skewed toward a more pejorative coverage of the Kochs, I’m going to rely on their data. According to Open Secrets, the Koch brothers have spent (or as liberals typically describe it, “invested”) over $50 million in lobbying from 1998-2010. During that same time, Soros and his primary Lobbying organization, the Open Society Policy Center, spent about $13 million.

Donations to federal candidates, parties, and political action committees give a smaller advantage to the Kochs. They invested $2.58 million vs. Soros’ $1.74 million from 1989 to 2010. When extended to include the past four years, the Koch brothers have contributed $18 million in political donations.

As for the unions, comparing the donations of different unions of hundreds of thousand of workers to a single rich individual is just nonsense.
    Last edited by pamak; 25 Oct 18, 20:35.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

If you had actually read the whole article instead of reading the title and the parts that you like, you would not have posted it

from your link

The Koch brothers and Soros spend lavishly in politics. They support individual candidates, contribute to political party campaign funds, lobby politicians, bankroll political action committees, and have established foundations and think tanks to influence politics.

The Kochs spend by far the most, but the bulk of it goes to lobbying. The Open Society Institute is one of George Soros’ organizations, and they provide part of the funding of OpenSecrets.org; so even realizing that their data may be skewed toward a more pejorative coverage of the Kochs, I’m going to rely on their data. According to Open Secrets, the Koch brothers have spent (or as liberals typically describe it, “invested”) over $50 million in lobbying from 1998-2010. During that same time, Soros and his primary Lobbying organization, the Open Society Policy Center, spent about $13 million.

Donations to federal candidates, parties, and political action committees give a smaller advantage to the Kochs. They invested $2.58 million vs. Soros’ $1.74 million from 1989 to 2010. When extended to include the past four years, the Koch brothers have contributed $18 million in political donations.

As for the unions, comparing the donations of different unions of hundreds of thousand of workers to a single rich individual is just nonsense.
      Maybe you need to take 5th grade math again, or is it all the zeros that has you confused? Where does any of that equal "100x" what Soros spends...? Hum, hum?

As for unions, a large percentage of their members disagree with the leadership's politics.

https://www.laprogressive.com/union-...te-republican/

http://fortune.com/2018/01/17/employ...ocratic-party/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/b...mp-unions.html

Take away "closed shop" states and their forced union membership, and you get a precipitous drop in membership, because many forced into unions disagree with their politics, or disagree with their interactions with management.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...htmlstory.html

Unions aren't representing their members very well. That's why they're in decline across the US.

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 25 Oct 18, 20:49.

Comment

Maybe you need to take 5th grade math again, or is it all the zeros that has you confused? Where does any of that equal "100x" what Soros spends...? Hum, hum?

Maybe you need to take 5th grade English again, or is it that hyperbole as a rhetorical device has you confused? The article which YOU chose to cite still shows that Kohn contributes more , even if you include the 527 organizations. And no, it is completely unfounded to assume that Soros actually hides the actual level of his contributions to the 527s while Kohn is honest about the actual amounts he donates to 527s.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Maybe you need to take 5th grade English again, or is it that hyperbole as a rhetorical device has you confused? The article which YOU chose to cite still shows that Kohn contributes more , even if you include the 527 organizations. And no, it is completely unfounded to assume that Soros actually hides the actual level of his contributions to the 527s while Kohn is honest about the actual amounts he donates to 527s.

This was the comment I was addressing.

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          Nope. Soros wasn't born with a silver spoon like Donald or the Koch's. The Koch's control the republican party and they spend 100x more than George Soros.

It is obvious from the rebuttal I offered it is dead, flat, wrong. You've jumped in trying to deflect with a strawman argument to a point I wasn't making or defending.

Comment

This was the comment I was addressing.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

It is obvious from the rebuttal I offered it is dead, flat, wrong. You've jumped in trying to deflect with a strawman argument to a point I wasn't making or defending.

I'll bet you have lots of fun looking for these memes and cartoons. I suppose that is the upside to your condition. You sure use the "strawman" defense a lot. I think it is a coping mechanism you use when you can't think of anything else.

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately, you are a victim of the Dunning-Kruger Effect, stuck on the far left side of the graph. Therefore, you cannot know that your are wrong. But as long as you are having fun playing with your memes, have at it kiddo.

Comment

Comment

Poor Inarticulate fellow.

Comment

What kind of Nazi Collaborator will the Far-Left cover for?

A billionaire that bank-rolls their craziest schemes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post
                        Poor Inarticulate fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Why is it unfounded ? Every one knows what Soros is and for what he stays ;a man who funds Antifa and the Fergusson riots can not be trusted to speak the truth .

Comment

This year alone Soros donated $ 11,8 million to the Democrats .

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              For all of you who claim that Soros funds various nefarious 'projects' and other conspiracy theories, perhaps you should read this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...cid=spartandhp
                              MSN? Brainwashed by the Marines and now MSN, good track record there.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                                This year alone Soros donated $ 11,8 million to the Democrats .
                                Nazi money.
                                My worst jump story:
                                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                                No lie.

~
                                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X