State Demands Christian US Filmmakers Make Same-Sex Films or Face Jail Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
    Well, if this thing is as advertise then this law will soon (relatively speaking) be toast as it violates two of the fundamental tenants of the First Amendment; Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech.

Minnesota is certainly an odd place so out of character than the remainder of the Midwest. I wonder if something got into the water there. My nephew's (Minnesotian) girlfriend says its all Minneapolis-St Paul, but I wonders.

Tuebor
    It is.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

It's discrimination to say Christians can't practice their religion, in fact it's in the first ammendment, not to mention one of the cornerstones of our moral code. This shoudl be a slam drunk for religious rights.
      Who even mentioned that here?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Paraphrasing Sir Walter Scott in the novel Ivanhoe (as well as the movie from MGM in the 1950s); 'For every person who claims to be a Christian I can show you a Christian who is not a Christian.'
        Many more are not than claim to be Christian like. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
          Well, if this thing is as advertise then this law will soon (relatively speaking) be toast as it violates two of the fundamental tenants of the First Amendment; Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech.

Minnesota is certainly an odd place so out of character than the remainder of the Midwest. I wonder if something got into the water there. My nephew's (Minnesotian) girlfriend says its all Minneapolis-St Paul, but I wonders.

Tuebor
          But check on just what THAT freedom of region really means. The government cannot imposed or denie a religion. It has nothing to do with the individual.

As far as the contents of the OP. It's pure D Bull sshit. IF they don't want to make a film
          they don't have to, regardless of their reason if others agree or not.

Comment

Then the State had better insist that any maker of a homosexual film must also produce and equal number of heterosexual films.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

Nope

2018-10-21-23-33-19--706545227.jpeg

But you are making a good case for why we should bring back the caning of the foolish.
              Then the law comes first. Being religious does not grant you the ability to break the law.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X