Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember the collateralized debt obligations (CDOs)? Welcome today's CLOs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    All of which is nullified by the starting point for Obama.
    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      The argument that the Trump economy is simply a continuation of what it was under Obama is destroyed by Obama's own words. He didn't just say that Trump would ruin the economy but that we would never see the current rate of growth again. The man is either lying or horribly misinformed. Keep in mind that Trump's economy is performing well despite a hostile federal reserve, congress and press. If the press had pilloried Obama as they have Trump the necessary confidence for a recovery would never have existed.
      um once again same argument Obama does not speak for me nor did I support him

      I using the same arguments against Trump that I used against Obama

      You did not pay enough attention during Obama time did you once again. same arguments used by the press against Obama are being used against Trump by the press

      Stock market kicking ass where money for the little guy.
      questions about why rich are getting richer

      and at least Obama was on a positive track for budget.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        All of which is nullified by the starting point for Obama.

        The starting point for Obama was when the economy was threatened with total collapse. Spending to support the jump-start of the economy is what saved the banks, your IRA and your 401K. The problem with Obama's spending is that he did not make sure to link it with demands to have the fat cats resign or even in some cases prosecuted But the spending was necessary and the deficit would not have been avoided.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

        Comment


        • #19
          The myth of the Obama recovery

          https://www.investors.com/politics/c...covery-at-all/

          I'm well aware of the exaggeration by Trump of his economic "miracle" but my liberal counter parts seem unable to be equally critical of Obama. Obama not only had the advantage of starting with a economy that had no where to go but up he also had the help of the FED.

          A better indicator of Trump's performance may be a comparison with other economies.

          https://data.oecd.org/gdp/real-gdp-forecast.htm

          While projections for the U.S. are not stellar they still top other nations.

          More important is the strategic importance of Trump's focus. While Obama was focusing on leading from behind and creating a dangerous vacuum in deterrents Trump is bring manufacturing back something Obama said was impossible.

          https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#a2a401f58508

          The decline of the U.S. manufacturing sector has been a strategic disaster and restoring it will be neither cheap nor economically advantages in the short term.



          We hunt the hunters

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            The myth of the Obama recovery

            https://www.investors.com/politics/c...covery-at-all/

            I'm well aware of the exaggeration by Trump of his economic "miracle" but my liberal counter parts seem unable to be equally critical of Obama. Obama not only had the advantage of starting with a economy that had no where to go but up he also had the help of the FED.

            A better indicator of Trump's performance may be a comparison with other economies.


            https://data.oecd.org/gdp/real-gdp-forecast.htm

            While projections for the U.S. are not stellar they still top other nations.

            More important is the strategic importance of Trump's focus. While Obama was focusing on leading from behind and creating a dangerous vacuum in deterrents Trump is bring manufacturing back something Obama said was impossible.


            https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#a2a401f58508

            The decline of the U.S. manufacturing sector has been a strategic disaster and restoring it will be neither cheap nor economically advantages in the short term.





            Your liberal counterparts recognize that it does not make sense to criticize Obama when Trump's is president. And it also does not make sense to talk about manufacturing coming back to the US before you actually see the results. Superficial changes in trade agreements will not bring manufacturing jobs back just because trade agreements get new names. Nor do we know yet the end result with China. And if you want to see the strategic objective, you should give us a strategic vision regarding how we will avoid see the debt crushing us because if we continue to increase deficits at the rate we do now despite the fact that the economy is supposedly good (at least regarding the numbers) then I do not see how we can avoid bankruptcy.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

            Comment


            • #21
              Well we certainly know where leading from behind was getting us. These things are extremely complicated and partisan or even conventional analysis are unlikely to break through to solutions. Trump is dangerous the establishment path even more so.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                Well we certainly know where leading from behind was getting us. These things are extremely complicated and partisan or even conventional analysis are unlikely to break through to solutions. Trump is dangerous the establishment path even more so.
                um way to toss out a redherring to start leading from behind is a foreign policy issue not an economic one

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by craven View Post

                  um way to toss out a redherring to start leading from behind is a foreign policy issue not an economic one
                  Remember the cold war and how that was won? Capitalism crushed socialism.

                  These forums are the perfect environment for floating new ideas but when the same old arguments are made over and over, especially those from the establishment, which the left now represents, it gets boring.

                  I'm not shy about my support for Trump because he represents the new counter culture. If you have strong tendencies towards risk avoidance you probably lean neo con or neo liberal. It's the safe bet so to speak. Very few people get out of their respective boxes. Even the radical left is really just conformist non sense of ideas that are long overdue for confinement to the dust bin of history. I hated the hippies because they were the most group think bunch of conformists I had ever encountered. They dressed the same talked and behaved the same. Disagreeableness is a virtue that comes with age in my estimation. That is not to say that anyone who isn't a fool would disperse with conventional wisdom. It's just you have to be old enough to put change in perspective.
                  We hunt the hunters

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The title of the original post sets up the question of who goes into financial services instead of being entrepreneurs. That leads to the question of how imagination is related to merit. If the rewards in society are too closely tied to manipulation not invention how can the meritocracy be maintained?
                    We hunt the hunters

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X