Pocahontas and DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocahontas and DNA

Does anyone know when Warren's ancestors first arrived in the US? If this Indian ancestor goes back "6 to 10 generations" that would indicate that they had to arrive roughly 180 to 400 years ago. That means the latest they could have arrived was the latest 1800's, and the earliest around 1600.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The 6 to 10 generation thing means at the latest, her ancestors arrived about the time of the Trail of Tears (1830) and the earliest was sometime around Jamestown and the Pilgrims arriving.

Comment

According to science, I think, we’re all descended from Africans. Therefore, all presidents prior to Obama are around 1/5000 part African. Therefore, Obama was not the first black president.

Aka, liberals would never agree to this, because they’re full of it.
        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Does anyone know when Warren's ancestors first arrived in the US? If this Indian ancestor goes back "6 to 10 generations" that would indicate that they had to arrive roughly 180 to 400 years ago. That means the latest they could have arrived was the latest 1800's, and the earliest around 1600.
          I am not an expert, but based on what I have read of the test, it does not establish North American Indian ancestry. Apparently, the researcher used DNA from south Americans and assumed it would be similar. Additionally, based on what I have read, the average american has some native american dna

The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/s...ity-study.html

That means that Warren might be less native american than the average white american.
          Setting aside the fact that DNA doesn't establish she is Cherokee as she has claimed, I think this was a dumb move on her part.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I am not an expert, but based on what I have read of the test, it does not establish North American Indian ancestry. Apparently, the researcher used DNA from south Americans and assumed it would be similar. Additionally, based on what I have read, the average american has some native american dna

The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/s...ity-study.html

That means that Warren might be less native american than the average white american.
            Setting aside the fact that DNA doesn't establish she is Cherokee as she has claimed, I think this was a dumb move on her part.
            Too bad they haven't discovered a idiot / stupid gene, because she'd have that one.

Comment

Tomahawk-Wielding Elizabeth Warren Vows To Take Land Back From The Pale Faces

article-3180-1.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After receiving confirmation that she was at least 1/1024th Native American, Elizabeth Warren has embraced her fractional identity. Having gotten an authentic Native American outfit from a costume shop and armed herself with weapons she read on Wikipedia that a Native American might use -- such as the tomahawk -- Warren stood before a buffalo exhibit in the National Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian to give a speech to the assembled press.

"You pale faces have taken my land, and have angered the Great Spirit!" Warren announced as she glanced down at her book of Native American terms. "This theft has angered my ancestors," Warren continued, though it was unclear if "ancestors" referred to her parents Pauline and Donald or people further back along her family tree. "You will return what is mine, or I will hit you with a wigwam." She paused to look at her book again. "No, that's not right."

Not all Democrats have supported Warren's new behavior. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer appeared at the event to chastise Warren. "With all the tight races going on, this is a distraction! Stop it!" Schumer said.

Warren was undeterred. "Quiet, pale face!" Warren yelled before firing a poorly aimed arrow at Schumer.

"Aieee! She's gone 1/1024th savage!" Schumer shrieked before running away.

Warren was reportedly 1/1024th offended by the 1/1024th insult, which, if one does the math, makes it approximately 1/1,000,000th of an offense -- a literal microaggression. Warren and Schumer later apologized to each other and smoked a peace vape.

President Trump took Warren's threat seriously, though, and was planning to assemble a cavalry to stop her. He's reportedly looking for anyone who is at least 1/1024th a cowboy.

https://babylonbee.com/news/tomahawk...the-pale-faces

"I am Groot"
              - Groot

Comment

No more than five generations takes takes us to the early to mid-1800's - the time of my ancestors in America - ten generations much further than that. Scientists claim that we are only some 30-31 generations from the time of Christ, two thousand years ago. On that basis, ten generations would equal around 600 - 700 years.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                  Tomahawk-Wielding Elizabeth Warren Vows To Take Land Back From The Pale Faces

article-3180-1.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After receiving confirmation that she was at least 1/1024th Native American, Elizabeth Warren has embraced her fractional identity. Having gotten an authentic Native American outfit from a costume shop and armed herself with weapons she read on Wikipedia that a Native American might use -- such as the tomahawk -- Warren stood before a buffalo exhibit in the National Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian to give a speech to the assembled press.

"You pale faces have taken my land, and have angered the Great Spirit!" Warren announced as she glanced down at her book of Native American terms. "This theft has angered my ancestors," Warren continued, though it was unclear if "ancestors" referred to her parents Pauline and Donald or people further back along her family tree. "You will return what is mine, or I will hit you with a wigwam." She paused to look at her book again. "No, that's not right."

Not all Democrats have supported Warren's new behavior. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer appeared at the event to chastise Warren. "With all the tight races going on, this is a distraction! Stop it!" Schumer said.

Warren was undeterred. "Quiet, pale face!" Warren yelled before firing a poorly aimed arrow at Schumer.

"Aieee! She's gone 1/1024th savage!" Schumer shrieked before running away.

Warren was reportedly 1/1024th offended by the 1/1024th insult, which, if one does the math, makes it approximately 1/1,000,000th of an offense -- a literal microaggression. Warren and Schumer later apologized to each other and smoked a peace vape.

President Trump took Warren's threat seriously, though, and was planning to assemble a cavalry to stop her. He's reportedly looking for anyone who is at least 1/1024th a cowboy.

https://babylonbee.com/news/tomahawk...the-pale-faces
                  A lot of Americans have that infinitesimal amount of Amerind DNA.

BRAVO - FOXTRO - DELTA.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No more than five generations takes takes us to the early to mid-1800's - the time of my ancestors in America - ten generations much further than that. Scientists claim that we are only some 30-31 generations from the time of Christ, two thousand years ago. On that basis, ten generations would equal around 600 - 700 years.
                    I figured it on the basis of 30 to 40 years a generation. However, the 10 generation figure would mean her ancestors landed at Jamestown or Plymouth Rock and were among the earliest settlers to America. We know that's not the case. The six generation figure goes back to about 1800 to 1820, give or take.

So, one thing we know is that she is 99.99902344 % full of $h!+.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Generation, definition

1.1 The average period, generally considered to be about thirty years, in which children grow up, become adults, and have children of their own.
                      "the same families have lived here for generations"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/generation

Google Search

A generation is "all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively". It can also be described as, "the average period, generally considered to be about thirty years, during which children are born and grow up, become adults, and begin to have children of their own".

Generation Time:

In population biology and demography, the generation time is the average time between two consecutive generations in the lineages of a population. In human populations, the generation time typically ranges from 22 to 33 years. Historians sometimes use this to date events, by converting generations into years to obtain rough estimates of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_time

How Long Is a Generation?
                      By Donn Devine, CG, CGI

We often reckon the passage of time by generations, but just how long is a generation? As a matter of common knowledge, we know that a generation averages about 25 years "from the birth of a parent to the birth of a child" although it varies case by case. We also generally accept that the length of a generation was closer to 20 years in earlier times when humans mated younger and life expectancies were shorter.

In a more-recent study regarding generation length, sociologist Nancy Howell calculated average generational intervals among present-day members of the !Kung, contemporary hunter-gatherer people of Botswana and Namibia whose lifestyle is relatively similar to that of our pre-agricultural ancestors. The average age of mothers at the birth of their first child was 20 years and at the last birth 31, giving a mean of 25.5 years per female generation considerably above the 20 years often attributed to primitive cultures. Fathers were six to 13 years older than mothers, giving a male generational interval of 31 to 38 years.

A separate study, conducted by population geneticists Marc Tremblay and Hélène Vézina, was based on 100 ascending Quebec genealogies. Researchers found a generational interval, based on the years between parents’ and children’s marriages, to average 31.7 years, and they determined that male generations averaged 35.0 years while female generations averaged 28.7 years.

Biological anthropologist Agnar Helgason and colleagues used the Icelandic deCODE genetics database to arrive at a female line interval of 28.12 years for the most recent generations and 28.72 years for the whole lineage length. Male line lineages showed a similar difference—31.13 years for the recent generations and 31.93 years overall. For a more mathematically appealing average, Helagason and fellow researchers recommended estimating female generational line intervals at 30 years and male generational intervals at 35 years, based on the Quebec and Iceland studies.

https://www.ancestry.ca/learn/learni...lib_generation
                      What is a Generation in the Bible?
                      40, 100, and sometimes 70 years

A generation in the bible is primarily the age of a man when his first male child is born; but secondarily, the age of a man at his death. The bible then rounds the exact span of years in a "generation" to be 40 and 100 years as the primary usage, but on occasion, "70 years". And 70 is the average of 40 and 100, which allow the three time frames to work in numeric harmony to produce the numeric symmetry found throughout the bible. The usage of the 100-year generation predominates in the bible prior to the time of Moses when men lived longer, but 40 years after Moses.

http://www.bible-codes.org/old-proph...shua-codes.htm

Using 30 years per generation, there are some 67 generations over 2000 years, or roughly from the time of Christ to today. Any calculation of "
                      30-31 generations from the time of Christ" represents a variation of birth to death.

For my own part, I'm a direct descendent of Hélène Desportes on my father's side, she's generally considered to be the 1st white European born in Canada. Desportes was born in 1620, I was born in 1958. If I consider her generation as the first, and mine last, there are 11 generations inclusive, all male line but 1, over 338 years, or an average of just over 30 years "birth to birth" per generation.
                      "I am Groot"
                      - Groot

Comment

I figured it on the basis of 30 to 40 years a generation. However, the 10 generation figure would mean her ancestors landed at Jamestown or Plymouth Rock and were among the earliest settlers to America. We know that's not the case. The six generation figure goes back to about 1800 to 1820, give or take.

So, one thing we know is that she is 99.99902344 % full of $h!+.

The+nativest+of+americans_99bf52_6778870.jpg
                        "I am Groot"
                        - Groot

Comment

By being first born of first born of first born vs not, and by having children young, my wife's family managed to get four generations where mine had only three- her great grandmother and my grandfather were born the same year, and we are born the same year.

Comment

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

If she is part Cherokee, shouldn't she be making reparations to African-Americans since Cherokees practiced chattel slavery?
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X