How should the US treat Saudi Arabia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should the US treat Saudi Arabia?

First of all, I have to say that Imam surprised that nobody felt it was important to start a thread about this issue. So I decided to fill the void...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/middl...ntl/index.html

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has arrived in Riyadh for talks with top Saudi leaders over the disappearance of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Pompeo had a short meeting with King Salman before holding talks later in the day with the King's son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler. US State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said Pompeo "thanked the King for his commitment to supporting a thorough, transparent, and timely investigation" of the Khashoggi case.
    The trip by the top US diplomat came as sources told CNN that Saudi Arabia is
    preparing to acknowledge that Khashoggi was killed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, during an interrogation that went wrong -- a reversal from Riyahdh's previous insistence that he left the building alive.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Considering that it is the home of one of the most radical forms of Islam, which make it the first enemy of Israel. The home of most of the 9/11 attackers, we should not treat them as friends. At least not close friends or even friends.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It is not our business, not our concern what happened to a citizen of KSA on KSA territory ( the consulate is KSA territory ): any interference from the West will be considered,not unjustifiedly, as colonialism, imperialism and racism : why should we have the right to dictate to the KSA regime how they should treat their citizens in their country ?
      Besides Khashoggi deserved his fate : one must be very stupid to enter KSA territory,knowing that one is number one on the hit list of the regime .
      Khashoggi proves that Einstein was right when he said that he doubted that there was a limit to the universe,but that he was certain that there was no limit to human stupidity .
      The story proves also the hypocrisy of the west : the Deep State media are whining about the fate of a KSA citizen in KSA,but remain silent about the fate of opponents of Erdogan in Turkish prisons, about the fate of western citizens in Erdogan country, about the activities of Erdogan's secret police against his opponents living in the West .

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Considering that it is the home of one of the most radical forms of Islam, which make it the first enemy of Israel. The home of most of the 9/11 attackers, we should not treat them as friends. At least not close friends or even friends.
        Totally wrong
        1 A radical form of the Islam assumes the existence of a moderate form of the Islam which does not exist .
        2 A radical form of the Islam does not mean hostility to Israel : KSA and Israel are collaborating against terrorist Iran .
        3 KSA is not our friend , the West has no Muslim friends, but our ally .

Comment

Facepalm
          Btw why should we care for a nanosecond about Istael ?
          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            It is not our business, not our concern what happened to a citizen of KSA on KSA territory ( the consulate is KSA territory ): any interference from the West will be considered,not unjustifiedly, as colonialism, imperialism and racism : why should we have the right to dictate to the KSA regime how they should treat their citizens in their country ?
            Besides Khashoggi deserved his fate : one must be very stupid to enter KSA territory,knowing that one is number one on the hit list of the regime .
            Khashoggi proves that Einstein was right when he said that he doubted that there was a limit to the universe,but that he was certain that there was no limit to human stupidity .
            The story proves also the hypocrisy of the west : the Deep State media are whining about the fate of a KSA citizen in KSA,but remain silent about the fate of opponents of Erdogan in Turkish prisons, about the fate of western citizens in Erdogan country, about the activities of Erdogan's secret police against his opponents living in the West .

By your logic, a modern type holocaust should not concern us as long as somebody tries to gas his own people. Also I did not see any silence regarding Erdogan's policies. You make things up!
            I also have a question for you: If Khashoggi had chosen to say kill SA civilians at the embassy, would you be okay with that?
            Last edited by pamak; 16 Oct 18, 12:01.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

...It is not our business...
              I agree. Not our affair.

Comment

Have to agree, not something we should stick our noses in.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

The Europeans should handle Saudi Arabia they need the oil the U.S. doesn't.

I'm not forgetting the petrol dollar but Trump is trying to wean us off of that but the Neo cons and Neo liberals are an establishment block that has no foresight. Hegemony is not the blessing or privilege that idiots on both sides of the political spectrum seem to think it is.

The Europeans need to spend their blood and treasure to protect their own interests. The problem is they have created a culture of progressive hypocrisy that makes it politically impossible. They created the problem after WWI and WWII and then made the U.S. a scapegoat. That is what you get from cultures of servitude, radical resistance mixed with dependency on authority.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

US is the biggest ally of Saudis. US were the one who created this and then it's backfiring on US.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                      US is the biggest ally of Saudis. US were the one who created this and then it's backfiring on US.
                      The US created what here?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The US created what here?
                        The current power of the Saudi. Without US behind their back, they would be son arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

By your logic, a modern type holocaust should not concern us as long as somebody tries to gas his own people. Also I did not see any silence regarding Erdogan's policies. You make things up!
                          I also have a question for you: If Khashoggi had chosen to say kill SA civilians at the embassy, would you be okay with that?
                          What happens at the embassy of KSA is not my business ,neither what a KSA dissident is saying in KSA: if the man is that stupid to return to KSA,knowing that the police is waiting for him, he deserves only contempt .The domestic policy of other countries is not our business .And, no one has tried to gas his own people .
                          About Turkey :'' Erdogan's long arm: The Turkish dissidents kidnapped from Europe '' : published in Haaretz on August 30 2018 .
                          Where were the BBC, the Guardian, the Wapo, the NYT, who were full of indignation when the Cheka did the same ?

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                            US need KSA and Israel: Iran tries to eliminate these countries and this can only happen by a nuclear war which will destroy the ME and Europe, resulting in dozens of millions of death and in the destruction of the world economy and the western civilisation .Only Israel ,supported by KSA, can prevent this .

Comment

US need KSA and Israel: Iran tries to eliminate these countries and this can only happen by a nuclear war which will destroy the ME and Europe, resulting in dozens of millions of death and in the destruction of the world economy and the western civilisation .Only Israel ,supported by KSA, can prevent this .
                              It's BS. Iran has no interest in a nuclear war. Iranian problems with Israel are not our problems. KSA is much more dangerous than Iran. ISIS, Al Qaeda and others are closely tied with Saudis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X