Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump: Mattis is sort of a Democrat

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/14/polit...tis/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said in an interview segment released Sunday that he was unsure how long Defense Secretary James Mattis planned to stay in his administration.

"Well, I don't know," Trump said when asked whether the Pentagon chief would be leaving in an interview on CBS's "60 Minutes." "He hasn't told me that."
    Trump said the two maintained "a very good relationship," but he allowed for the possibility Mattis would leave.
    "I think he's sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth," Trump said in the interview slated to air Sunday night. "But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That's Washington."
    Army Col. Robert Manning, a spokesman for the Pentagon, issued a statement in response to the President's remarks.

What can possibly be the characteristic that makes Mattis a sort of a Democrat in Trump's eyes?

Is it that Mattis seems to have some dignity, something that has been lost among most of the "republicans" in the Trump administration?

Or is it that he believes the intelligence agencies about the Russian interventions?

Or is it that he does not buy Trump's diplomatic approach of N. Korea?

Any thoughts?
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Originally posted by pamak View Post
    What can possibly be the characteristic that makes Mattis a sort of a Democrat in Trump's eyes?

Is it that Mattis seems to have some dignity, something that has been lost among most of the "republicans" in the Trump administration?

Or is it that he believes the intelligence agencies about the Russian interventions?

Any thoughts?

Dignity? That would be a sure indicator that he wasn'ít a dem.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

pamak: I saw that earlier today and I was stunned. I haven't the first clue what Trump meant by that. I don't know if Trump knew what he meant by that.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/14/polit...tis/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said in an interview segment released Sunday that he was unsure how long Defense Secretary James Mattis planned to stay in his administration.

"Well, I don't know," Trump said when asked whether the Pentagon chief would be leaving in an interview on CBS's "60 Minutes." "He hasn't told me that."
        Trump said the two maintained "a very good relationship," but he allowed for the possibility Mattis would leave.
        "I think he's sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth," Trump said in the interview slated to air Sunday night. "But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That's Washington."
        Army Col. Robert Manning, a spokesman for the Pentagon, issued a statement in response to the President's remarks.

Any thoughts?
        Simple, he shits and doesn't flush the toilet. All Democrats do it.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

STOP WITH THE RED TEXT
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            STOP WITH THE RED TEXT
            He thinks he's a mod.
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

He thinks he's a mod.
              He certainly thinks he's special but since we are not allowed to make personal comments the simple request seems appropriate.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

STOP WITH THE RED TEXT

I have a reason to do it in this way instead of using the quote function. If people decide to quote me then I want the quote to which I respond be visible so that the audience can immediately see the context of my response without the need of browsing back to find my actual post. Now, if your issue is the COLOR of the text, I am open to change it to another one. Just be nice and civilized about it and do not give me commands because I may decide just for your case to use the pink color whenever I address your quotes....
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Whether you are pro or anti Trump, if you dwell on every goofy thing he says you'll drive your self nuts either defending or attacking him.

The man has virtually no filter, he thinks it he says it.

General Mattis seems to be doing a great job, I hope he stays. I hope he is non political and concentrating on doing his job.
                  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                  Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

STOP WITH THE RED TEXT

I have a reason to do it in this way instead of using the quote function. If people decide to quote me then I want the quote to which I respond be visible so that the audience can immediately see the context of my response without the need of browsing back to find my actual post. Now, if your issue is the COLOR of the text, I am open to change it to another one. Just be nice and civilized about it and do not give me commands because I may decide just for your case to use the pink color whenever I address your quotes....
                    My worst jump story:
                    No lie.

~
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                      Whether you are pro or anti Trump, if you dwell on every goofy thing he says you'll drive your self nuts either defending or attacking him.

The man has virtually no filter, he thinks it he says it.

That's kinda the point. As an adult -- as a President of the United States -- shouldn't Trump be obliged to cultivate a filter? What is he, an adolescent?

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                      General Mattis seems to be doing a great job, I hope he stays. I hope he is non political and concentrating on doing his job.
                      I agree 100%. If we agree on that, then shouldn't his President and Commander-in-Chief refrain from saying things that might be viewed as betraying a lack of confidence and trust, and thus serving to undermine Mattis' effectiveness as Secretary of Defense?
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

All mods post in red text, all members in black. Anything else confuses them. 1s and 0s.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

That's kinda the point. As an adult -- as a President of the United States -- shouldn't Trump be obliged to cultivate a filter? What is he, an adolescent?

I agree 100%. If we agree on that, then shouldn't his President and Commander-in-Chief refrain from saying things that might be viewed as betraying a lack of confidence and trust, and thus serving to undermine Mattis' effectiveness as Secretary of Defense?
                          Yes, he should have started to develop a filter about 65 years ago. Said filter should have been fairly functional about 55 years ago and been fully functional for about 40 + years. Unfortunately the Democratic Party choose not to run some one better against him in 2016 and seem unlikely to in 2020.

Calling General Mattis a possible Democrat is not really an issue. I don't consider calling someone a "Democrat" a dirty word. His position like all cabinet posts should be apolitical. Obviously this is not true in most cases.
                          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Restoring the deterrents that Obama lost through hubris, narcissism, some sort of childish idea about decolonization, and basis incompetence was always going to be dangerous. Crazy Trump is the only man for the job. The Mattis/Trump good cop bad cop theatrics are obviously not going to fool our enemies even if they twist liberal panties in wads. What they do is provide a distraction so serious policy decisions can take place and Trump gets a free hand to twist arms.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

...I don't know if Trump knew what he meant by that...
                              I agree. I'm reasonably certain The Donald does not know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X