Teenager shot at for asking for directions... the verdict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

Nope, you think the Democratic party uses Racism to gain power? A Democratic party that the majority are white christians? Methinks you're making stuff up off what RW media told you. Propaganda is powerful. It changes votes. If propaganda was useless, it wouldn't be used to this day.
    And your side uses propaganda to the fullest. True masters of the art.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I've made the same request to no avail. It's only a couple of members who insist on doing it.
      It would seem that my retinas can have a small degree of rest.....at least for a short while, anyway.

I hope you also obtain a degree of respite for a time whilst one particular poster is on "holiday".
      "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
      "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
      — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post

It would seem that my retinas can have a small degree of rest.....at least for a short while, anyway.

I hope you also obtain a degree of respite for a time whilst one particular poster is on "holiday".

What is this supposed to mean ease?

Also, I explained the issue of my "red letters" It is relate to the inability of the forum to have double quotes and since I want the quotes I have in my posts to be included whenever a member quotes my post, I prefer to use a cut and paste function as a regular text to show the content of the quotes I use in my posts. And since I do this, I have to fund a way to separate the content of the quotes in my posts from the content of what I say. This is why I use the red text. If you have a real issue (and you do not just try to find something to nag me), I am open to use another color. I have no problem with that. No need to bother moderators for such small things as long as you are honest with your request, we can work it out.
        Last edited by pamak; 16 Oct 18, 05:44.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

What is this supposed to mean ease?

Also, I explained the issue of my "red letters" It is relate to the inability of the forum to have double quotes and since I want the quotes I have in my posts to be included whenever a member quotes my post, I prefer to use a cut and paste function as a regular text to show the content of the quotes I use in my posts. And since I do this, I have to fund a way to separate the content of the quotes in my posts from the content of what I say. This is why I use the red text. If you have a real issue (and you do not just try to find something to nag me), I am open to use another color. I have no problem with that. No need to bother moderators for such small things as long as you are honest with your request, we can work it out.
          You might note, and I can find a number of them if I need to, of other posters that have complained about the red text over the past couple of days or so.

So, it is not just me.

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post

You might note, and I can find a number of them if I need to, of other posters that have complained about the red text over the past couple of days or so.

So, it is not just me.
            I did notice it. I also noticed that such complains usually come from posters who regularly oppose me in different threads which is the reason why I am not sure if this is genuine complaint or just something people use to stir things up. However, I also have to say that you are not among the posters who regularly love to oppose me, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I am NOT going to change the fact that I do not use the quote function in this forum. If something has an issue with that, then tough luck! They should complain to the management for not having in this forum the ability to have quotes within quotes. If that was possible, I would not need to do what I do. Right now, I want to make sure that everything I post from links or from other poster's quotes WILL be included in a quote that captures my post, so that a visitor here can immediately see through such quote the context of my words and my responses without scrolling up to find my original post.

But if the issue is the red color I can change it so that whenever I include quotes from other posters or links I will use the blue color.

I would like everybody who is b*** about this to answer this post so that we are all on the same page. Also, if we can agree on this, I will just ask some "grace"period in the sense that since it has become a habit for me to use the red color I may occasionally forget to use the blue and revert accidentally to red. Then a simple reminder will solve this issue.

Fair enough?

I will wait for responses.

Comment

FK m. Your post not theirs. If that really bothers them so much they need to watch their billy and think of something important or post something with as much thought as most of yours have behind them. Or for the non pc, STFU.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                FK m. Your post not theirs. If that really bothers them so much they need to watch their billy and think of something important or post something with as much thought as most of yours have behind them. Or for the non pc, STFU.

The only reason I am open to discussion is because At Ease has not shown an attitude against me even though we CERTAINLY stand on opposite sides. When other posters came with an attitude, I put them in their proper place.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  How to win friends and influence people.....

Comment

I did notice it. I also noticed that such complains usually come from posters who regularly oppose me in different threads which is the reason why I am not sure if this is genuine complaint or just something people use to stir things up. However, I also have to say that you are not among the posters who regularly love to oppose me, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I am NOT going to change the fact that I do not use the quote function in this forum. If something has an issue with that, then tough luck! They should complain to the management for not having in this forum the ability to have quotes within quotes. If that was possible, I would not need to do what I do. Right now, I want to make sure that everything I post from links or from other poster's quotes WILL be included in a quote that captures my post, so that a visitor here can immediately see through such quote the context of my words and my responses without scrolling up to find my original post.

But if the issue is the red color I can change it so that whenever I include quotes from other posters or links I will use the blue color.

I would like everybody who is b*** about this to answer this post so that we are all on the same page. Also, if we can agree on this, I will just ask some "grace"period in the sense that since it has become a habit for me to use the red color I may occasionally forget to use the blue and revert accidentally to red. Then a simple reminder will solve this issue.

Fair enough?

I will wait for responses.
                    I am not 100% certain that I am following you, but I just went back to a post I made about 24 hours ago and modified it from a single quote to a double quote, or quote within a quote.

It is this post:

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...28#post5068628

It now reads:

DEMS, Whats DEMS?

The story of the men of the Royal Australian Navy who manned defensively equipped merchant ships during World War II
                    I am not sure that I have understood what you were saying correctly, but I have done my best.

If it is a forum problem, then I can share your frustration.

There is a MODERATOR on this forum, who should have better manners, but he has flat refused to answer my PM's when I have attempted to bring to his attention forum "formatting" problems - not actual discilplinary ones.

Please excuse me if I am not understanding your problem about multi-quotes.

Again, I say, I have tried to.
                    Last edited by At ease; 16 Oct 18, 08:57.

Comment

I will explain...

Try to quote your post from you link. Go to the link you gave me, quote your post and click preview to see the result

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...28#post5068628

Notice that in the QUOTED post there are some differences.

For example, the quoted post of yours starts with your answer " You don't" but the actual quote to which you answered "You don 't " disappeared.

That quote is Stonewall Jack's which says "There is no need to say one or the other is sadly unaware of history, we both know the basics here."

to which you replied "You don't"

In other words, if I want to quote you and make a comment about what you said to Jack, my quote will not make sense since Jack's quote will not be included. So, a visitor who trie to follow the conversation will not have any easy way to follow the conversation at a glance without having to scroll to different posts to see the whole script!

But if you have put Jack's words in words just like regular text by altering only their color, then his quote would have been included to the end result!

Comment

I have a headache.

If you really need to use red for the purpose that you have explained then that is, I suppose, up to you.

Except that it was generally accepted to be the preserve of moderators, who only used such coloured text in small amounts.

But, you will find other posters ignoring you because it is, quite frankly, difficult to read.

The larger the block of text, and the more contrasting blocks of text, the less your posts will be read.

That is my perception, anyway.
                        Last edited by At ease; 16 Oct 18, 09:16.

Comment

Okay, you made your case and you convinced me.

I will use blue instead of red to separate my words from those of other posters or links I use in my comments. Tell it to your buddies because I do not want to hear any of them b** later about me using the blue color because as I said to a poster earlier, I will change the tone and I will start using the pink color for the quotes of certain posters...

Comment

Okay, you made your case and you convinced me.
                            How to win friends and influence people.....

I will use blue instead of red to separate my words from those of other posters or links I use in my comments. Tell it to your buddies because I do not want to hear any of them b** later about me using the blue color because as I said to a poster earlier, I will change the tone and I will start using the pink color for the quotes of certain posters...
                            It's a step in the right direction.

Thank you.

P.S. I'm not, but have you thought how your variously coloured posts will be perceived by those who are colour blind?

The only satisfactory way to convey your posts is to, somehow, work on the "formatting", which I know can be frustrating in the absence of determined help from the right quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by At ease
                              It's a step in the right direction.

Thank you.

You are welcome.

p.s. Yes color blinded will not be able to understand the difference but the alternative of using the quote function is already confusing for somebody with perfect vision who just wants to follow a conversation without scrolling back to find the original posts. And I do agree that if the quote function could work in the way I wanted, it would be ideal. I just prefer to nag the right type of moderators for important problems, and to me, the important problems are not related to formating in this forum. They are more related to issues of "self-preservation" so to speak, since I am determined to hold even the most veteran and well connected posters here accountable for what they say, as it is also obvious in this thread.
                              Last edited by pamak; 16 Oct 18, 10:06.

Comment

Few here are colored blind. The Black and White are mainstays of their post.
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X