Teenager shot at for asking for directions... the verdict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenager shot at for asking for directions... the verdict

This is a continuation of a thread that was locked some time ago.
    https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...for-directions

The reason for this post is because we have a verdict for the case that we discussed at that time

From

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...orstep-n919656

A jury convicted a white Michigan man of assault on Friday for firing a shotgun at a black teen who knocked on his door to ask for directions on his way to school.

Brennan Walker, 14, had missed his bus on the morning of April 12, so he stopped at the Rochester Hills home of Jeffrey Zeigler to ask for directions. But the boy was met by the shotgun-wielding homeowner and ran away, barely escaping injury as Zeigler fired at him.

Zeigler, 53, was found guilty of assault with attempt to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Though he was charged with suspicion of assault with attempt to murder, the jury "determined Mr. Zeigler did not intend to kill Brennan Walker," said defense attorney Rob Morad.

The lawyer said the gun charge alone comes with a mandatory two years behind bars, to be completed before the assault sentence even starts. The assault conviction could carry anywhere from a few months to a 10-year maximum, he said.

Last edited by pamak; 13 Oct 18, 20:38.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

There's a lot of racism related crimes out there.

Comment

Now, just for the fun of it and in order to expose the incompetent judgement of some law enforcement posters here who BS this forum with their dubious (and veryyyyy biased) expertise, take a look at some of the posts in the thread in which the case was originally discussed

For example

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...38#post4612538

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The shooter convicted himself with his own security video, making him a highly ranked candidate for the Darwin Award this year!

Innocent until proven guilty.

Guilty of what, in the end? Discharging a firearm in city limits?

To prove he was attempting to hit the potential burglar will require some doing, speaking from experience.

Looks like he may face, if found guilty, a fine not to exceed $250.

Assuming that the little thug doesn't have a record....
      Last edited by pamak; 14 Oct 18, 02:06.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        Now, just for the fun of it and in order to expose the incompetent judgement of some law enforcement posters here who BS this forum with their dubious (and veryyyyy biased) expertise, take a look at some of the posts in the thread in which the case was originally discussed

For example

The shooter convicted himself with his own security video, making him a highly ranked candidate for the Darwin Award this year!

To prove he was attempting to hit the potential burglar will require some doing, speaking from experience.

They don't care, all they see is color

Comment

For example

Pamak,

Please be advised that lifting quotes from a locked thread is not permissible except by Moderators.

ACG Staff

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Pamak,

Please be advised that lifting quotes from a locked thread is not permissible except by Moderators.

ACG Staff

Thank you for notifying me.

In this case, I am asking the mods to unlock the thread in question because of the new developments and incorporate this thread to the old one.

Comment

Communists have been trying to use racial issues to divide and conquer the US for about 100 years now. It has been decades since they sailed right past boring into utterly mind-numbing & childish Trolldom.

I guess they never got over the fact that the USSR, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia all spit apart along racial/tribal lines.... and we never did.

Tump's approval ratings have gone up from 23% to 36% among Blacks, that's gotta be driving them even crazier!
              Thus the retreat to necro-issues.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Thank you for notifying me.

In this case, I am asking the mods to unlock the thread in question because of the new developments and incorporate this thread to the old one.
                Threads that are locked for anything other than for maintenance, cooling off periods, or Staff evaluation shall remain locked.

You may bring up the points brought up in the locked thread, just not quoting. Paraphrasing is okay if username or other identifiers and hints either in your comments or paraphrasing are not included.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Then I will continue on this thread...

It must be obvious to anyone who can read the locked thread that it just did not make sense to have a 30-page thread about an event that did not appear that complicated. The fact that became so long was only because some people give too much value to the views of agitators who claim to be "experts" and who try to defend indefensible acts.

In this case, we had a white guy who a previous criminal record against a black kid with no known criminal record.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...tion/34005391/

A Warren police report reviewed by The Detroit News reveals Jeffrey C. Zeigler, then 39, was stopped and arrested by police after a 43-year-old Clawson man reported him as the motorist who fired a handgun at him on westbound Interstate 696 after the two men “flipped off” each other about 3 p.m. Dec. 13, 2004.

Zeigler eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge but served no jail time, court records show.

We also had a case in which we knew that there was a video of the incident and a charge against the white homeowner. But nooooo, for some people here the white owner STILL appeared to be more credible than the black kid, so they intervened in the thread which reported this event in order to defend their "worldviews." THIS is why that thread became 30-pages long!

Make no mistake! If anyone who tries to play the "expert" here in law or law enforcement or any other field, says things that prove to be wayyyyyyyy off the mark and detached from reality, he will be held accountable. If someone wants here to be considered an "expert", he will have to earn it by his comments which must show consistently an ability to understand the relevant facts of the case he discusses. Failure to do so, means that I will attack (using real facts) his views, and I wlll expose his incompetency!
                  Last edited by pamak; 14 Oct 18, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    Communists have been trying to use racial issues to divide and conquer the US for about 100 years now. It has been decades since they sailed right past boring into utterly mind-numbing & childish Trolldom.

I guess they never got over the fact that the USSR, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia all spit apart along racial/tribal lines.... and we never did.

Tump's approval ratings have gone up from 23% to 36% among Blacks, that's gotta be driving them even crazier!
                    What does Trump have to do with this? The only people using racial issues and dividing the nation is the person who shot at the kid and the people trying to defend him.
                    Last edited by TactiKill J.; 14 Oct 18, 14:37.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                      There's a lot of racism related crimes out there.
                      There seems to be at least one new example every day.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

There are lots of racists out there but throwing the epitaph out there and seeing who it sticks to is not acceptable behavior no more than were the epitaph of rapist thrown against Kavanaugh.

Social justice has become a cult and thanks to years of indoctrination in our universities the cult has infiltrated all of our institutions. In addition large portions of the press has largely abandoned their sacred responsibility to objectivity. If you subscribe to by any means necessary you will likely have abandoned not only your commitment to innocent until proven guilty but a commitment to truth and justice. Political extremist of all stripes are dangerous and most believe they are serving the greater good.

Equal justice applies to racists, religious extremists, the poor the rich, all shades of color and sexes. Our nation has a great tradition, often more in theory than practice, that it is better that 9 guilty go free than one innocent be convicted. More importantly our civilization has as it's core the idea of the sacred individual.

In the words of a great American our dream is that all Americans be judge not by the color of their skin but the content of their character. That dream cannot be arrived at by slogans such as systemic racism, micro aggressions, cultural appropriation, intersectionality, unearned privilege or any collectivist ideology that judges by superficial identity. The historical record is clear that class distinctions that do not account for merit are murderous.

We cannot erase the sins of the past by abandoning our principles nor can we assign guilt by arbitrary characteristics. Nor can we allow the obsessions of cults with unsophisticated ideas about justice to corrupt our institutions and use unearned guilt to wield political power. Innocent until proven guilty is not just a legal principle it is nothing less than the principle on which the value of the individual is confirmed.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          There are lots of racists out there but throwing the epitaph out there and seeing who it sticks to is not acceptable behavior no more than were the epitaph of rapist thrown against Kavanaugh.

Social justice has become a cult and thanks to years of indoctrination in our universities the cult has infiltrated all of our institutions. In addition large portions of the press has largely abandoned their sacred responsibility to objectivity. If you subscribe to by any means necessary you will likely have abandoned not only your commitment to innocent until proven guilty but a commitment to truth and justice. Political extremist of all stripes are dangerous and most believe they are serving the greater good.

Equal justice applies to racists, religious extremists, the poor the rich, all shades of color and sexes. Our nation has a great tradition, often more in theory than practice, that it is better that 9 guilty go free than one innocent be convicted. More importantly our civilization has as it's core the idea of the sacred individual.

In the words of a great American our dream is that all Americans be judge not by the color of their skin but the content of their character. That dream cannot be arrived at by slogans such as systemic racism, micro aggressions, cultural appropriation, intersectionality, unearned privilege or any collectivist ideology that judges by superficial identity. The historical record is clear that class distinctions that do not account for merit are murderous.

We cannot erase the sins of the past by abandoning our principles nor can we assign guilt by arbitrary characteristics. Nor can we allow the obsessions of cults with unsophisticated ideas about justice to corrupt our institutions and use unearned guilt to wield political power. Innocent until proven guilty is not just a legal principle it is nothing less than the principle on which the value of the individual is confirmed.

What does the above post have to do with the issue I raised on this thread? Are you implying that somehow my criticism is unfair?

I simply point at the"experts" in this forum and their supporters who chose to side with the white person and tried to justify his behavior or brush it off as something that may at most lead to a $250 fine. And at the same time these "experts" called the black teenager a miscreant even though there were clear clues that in THIS case the black teenager was the one who deserved the people's support.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

That's laughable. 1/3 of blacks in America do not support Donald. Rasmussen isn't a reliable poll outlet, they're always leaning right. Always. What's the RCP average? That's a better indicator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.34bc504756a3

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Threads that are locked for anything other than for maintenance, cooling off periods, or Staff evaluation shall remain locked.

You may bring up the points brought up in the locked thread, just not quoting. Paraphrasing is okay if username or other identifiers and hints either in your comments or paraphrasing are not included.
                              It would also be appreciated if posters, other than moderators, would refrain from using red text.

It has become an annoying habit of late.
                              "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                              "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                              — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X