Finally a Democrat Has Grown a Pair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I forgot about Maxine, thank you for reminding me. I personally cannot go that far though so I will not back or support her statements. While republicans deserve to be insulted, we absolutely cannot kick them out of stores or infringe upon their freedom in any way. Clinton's comments were simply about fighting fire with fire. In other words being just as brash and politically incorrect as republicans are. Her comment has nothing to do with barring them from public or anything of the sorts.
    You forgot about Waters? You responded about her comments last July with a justification for her statement.

Waters, Cory, Clinton and many other democrats have been saying this since the election. which brings us right back to your misleading title; Clinton wasn't the first nor will she be the last democrat to go with the mob.

The two democrats that I posted about actually....using your words: "grown a pair" because they are going against the grain of the democrat platform of hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

You forgot about Waters? You responded about her comments last July with a justification for her statement.

Waters, Cory, Clinton and many other democrats have been saying this since the election. which brings us right back to your misleading title; Clinton wasn't the first nor will she be the last democrat to go with the mob.

The two democrats that I posted about actually....using your words: "grown a pair" because they are going against the grain of the democrat platform of hate.
      Regardless, I personally see these as different. Kicking people out of gas stations, stores, etc. isn't tough. That's not what getting tough is about. But again we just have different views as to what it means to be tough. Earlier you cited democrats assaulting Trump supporters as an example of being tough, or too tough, to which I disagreed. The things you're citing as toughness, I see as being soft. So for me personally the statements are different. Not sure what else I can say. But, I did try to update the thread title for you, unfortunately it won't let me. For the sake of argument let's pretend it has been amended to, Finally Another Democrat Has Grown a Pair. That way it is more accurate, just for you.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

What I would like to see is for a libertarian candidate to take Trump to task. Call him a coward and a liar for caving into the establishment on foreign policy and running up the debt when he claimed he would do the opposite. Throw PC out the window and call him what he is. Be tough and unrelenting, go barb for barb with him and don't hold back.

For the public, screw people's feelings. Call republicans what they are and damn how it makes them feel. When they cry, as they always do, call them snowflakes. Everyone has been too nice and trying to have civil conversations with these people when they've never been interested in returning the favor.

That to me is what it means to kick civility to the curb and get tough. It's not about punching people, I don't think we're there yet. It's not about kicking people out from anywhere, what Maxine was speaking to. It's simply about getting tough and fighting fire with fire. It's needed right now, everyone is too quiet and mild mannered compared to republicans and that's why her statement resonated with me.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Regardless, I personally see these as different. Kicking people out of gas stations, stores, etc. isn't tough. That's not what getting tough is about. But again we just have different views as to what it means to be tough. Earlier you cited democrats assaulting Trump supporters as an example of being tough, or too tough, to which I disagreed. The things you're citing as toughness, I see as being soft.
          Where have I cited anything regarding "toughness"?

I have pointed out that Clinton hasn't in your words "grown a pair" She is only repeating what many democrats have already stated.

I pointed out 2 democrats that in your words have "grown a pair" by going against the already established democrats call to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Where have I cited anything regarding "toughness"?
            In your first post you questioned why I was calling them soft when they committed "583" (or whatever the claimed number was) acts of violence. As if those acts somehow make them tough or anything other than soft.

For me, this is really about everyone becoming tougher against the republicans. Independents and Libertarians included.

I have pointed out that Clinton hasn't in your words "grown a pair" She is only repeating what many democrats have already stated.

I pointed out 2 democrats that in your words have "grown a pair" by going against the already established democrats call to hate.
            Ok. I'm aware of what you said, you included that in almost every post now.
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ok. I'm aware of what you said, you included that in almost every post now.
              Okay Tactikill J, here's some more knowledge about the party of hate "grown a pair":

https://www.facebook.com/43096695723...6177053383926/

Comment

Social conservatives are typically simple people, their world view is formed through 1s and 0s. This is neither a good or bad thing per say, it just is. We are all imperfect in different ways. But, take their view of Islam for example. For them Islam = bad while Christianity and Catholicism = good, period. 1s and 0s. When a liberal comes along and offers a more complex view of Islam, they're automatically labeled a terrorist sympathizer. Why? The added complexity disrupts their linear outlook and is automatically rejected. As it relates to this thread, you cannot take the high road with these people and expect them to evolve. You have to go down and speak to them on a level they'll understand. This is why I disagree with Michelle Obama.
                Another example of the Religion of Peace, tolerant Islam ....

Pakistan Court Threatened Ahead of Verdict on Christian Woman Sentenced to Death for Blasphemy
                (CNSNews.com) – Pakistan’s Supreme Court judges are facing threats from Muslim hardliners as they mull when to announce their verdict in one of the most notorious cases of abuse of the country’s controversial blasphemy laws.

Radicals were planning protests on Friday to back their demands that the court not throw out on appeal the conviction handed down in 2010 on Asia Bibi (Aasiya Noreen), the first Christian woman to be sentenced to death for blasphemy.

The case of the farm laborer and mother of five, whom accusers claim insulted Mohammed, has drawn concern around the world.

The Supreme Court earlier this week said it had reached a decision in her appeal, but declined to announce it immediately.

Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan (TLP), an Islamic party established in 2015 by a hardline cleric Khadim Hussain Rizvi, held a press conference on Wednesday warning the judges of any concessions in the case, and threatening “terrible consequences” should attempts to made to hand Bibi over to a foreign country.

The TLP, whose main campaign plank revolved around punishment for blasphemers, fared unexpectedly well in its first national elections in July, becoming the fifth-largest party and winning its first seats in one of the provincial legislatures.

Most of its supporters are members of the Barelvi movement of Sunni Islam, known for its zeal for Mohammed, the Qur’an and shari’a.

“The court did not provide any date when the verdict will be announced,” said the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which has long advocated for Bibi’s freedom.

“Given the religiously-charged atmosphere of the country regarding blasphemy cases, it is understandable that the court would avoid announcing its decision yesterday, especially if it is in Asia Bibi’s favor.”
                https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...J3dmdqZkMrdCJ9
                Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

More Democrat "balls" ...

Busted: Democrat Senate Candidate’s ‘Hurricane Relief’ Link Re-Directs To Democrat Fundraising Page
                  https://www.teaparty.org/busted-demo...g-page-328158/
                  Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Another example of the Religion of Peace, tolerant Islam ....

Pakistan Court Threatened Ahead of Verdict on Christian Woman Sentenced to Death for Blasphemy
                    (CNSNews.com) – Pakistan’s Supreme Court judges are facing threats from Muslim hardliners as they mull when to announce their verdict in one of the most notorious cases of abuse of the country’s controversial blasphemy laws.

Radicals were planning protests on Friday to back their demands that the court not throw out on appeal the conviction handed down in 2010 on Asia Bibi (Aasiya Noreen), the first Christian woman to be sentenced to death for blasphemy.

The case of the farm laborer and mother of five, whom accusers claim insulted Mohammed, has drawn concern around the world.

The Supreme Court earlier this week said it had reached a decision in her appeal, but declined to announce it immediately.

Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan (TLP), an Islamic party established in 2015 by a hardline cleric Khadim Hussain Rizvi, held a press conference on Wednesday warning the judges of any concessions in the case, and threatening “terrible consequences” should attempts to made to hand Bibi over to a foreign country.

The TLP, whose main campaign plank revolved around punishment for blasphemers, fared unexpectedly well in its first national elections in July, becoming the fifth-largest party and winning its first seats in one of the provincial legislatures.

Most of its supporters are members of the Barelvi movement of Sunni Islam, known for its zeal for Mohammed, the Qur’an and shari’a.

“The court did not provide any date when the verdict will be announced,” said the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which has long advocated for Bibi’s freedom.

“Given the religiously-charged atmosphere of the country regarding blasphemy cases, it is understandable that the court would avoid announcing its decision yesterday, especially if it is in Asia Bibi’s favor.”
                    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...J3dmdqZkMrdCJ9
                    Thus all Muslims are bad people. 1s and 0s for the social conservatives You're just proving my point..
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thus all Muslims are bad people. 1s and 0s for the social conservatives You're just proving my point..
                      As I've said repeatedly, it an issue of dogma, and it's application. In this case a nation dominated by that religion and applying it to national laws, in violation of UN Charter BTW, which Pakistan is a member of and agreed to basic Human Rights, in this case being denied.

Nuance a "smart" liberal, lefty-loonie such as yourself fail to grasp, repeatedly. And would seem to have no objection to.

Proving many of my points, BTW.

Speaking of BTW, if you read and understood your links, you'd know that political conservative (which I'll claim) doesn't always mean social conservative.

Comment

Hence the reason why I said social conservative, which you are.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

No, I'm more a Robert Heinlein conservative.
                          Conservative on politics and economics, libertarian on life styles and free expression of personal(social).
                          FWIW, by most standards I'm an atheist to agnostic. I consider all religions to be means to control populations, but some "religions" are more constrictive and oppressive than others.

Comment

Say what you want about her terrible policies, but she's correct on this point. .
                            Which terrible policy hurts you the most? Usually democratic candidates offer working class policies, not corporate.

Comment

I guess assassinations of Republicans while they play baseball wasn’t enough.
                              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

Which terrible policy hurts you the most? Usually democratic candidates offer working class policies, not corporate.
                                The only candidate who ever raised more campaign contributions from the financial services industry than Hillary Clinton was Barack Obama.

I've known a lot of very liberal progressive types who were distrustful of the Clinton's since 1992. That's at least part of the reason why she lost to Obama in '08, and why she struggled against Bernie Sanders in '16. The Clinton's progressive bona fides have always been suspect.
                                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X