Chief Justice Roberts and the Supreme Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Justice Roberts and the Supreme Court

A very interesting article. There has been some talk here and there that Chief Justice Roberts may be the new arbiter between liberal and conservative associate justices:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/08/polit...ugh/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

I'll wait until the adults weigh in on it. CNN is little more than a petulant child when it comes to news.

Comment

Maybe, but even the article admits that Roberts is no Kennedy. I do think we're going to see more of groundbreaking cases shifting to the right. I honestly don't think we will see major reverses on social issues such as abortion rights and same-sex marriage rights. I believe instead what we may see is more restricting of administrative law and loss of regulating power for various federal agencies, which fit Trump's agenda very well.
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
        Maybe, but even the article admits that Roberts is no Kennedy. I do think we're going to see more of groundbreaking cases shifting to the right. I honestly don't think we will see major reverses on social issues such as abortion rights and same-sex marriage rights. I believe instead what we may see is more restricting of administrative law and loss of regulating power for various federal agencies, which fit Trump's agenda very well.
        I agree!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X