Kavanaugh appointed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kavanaugh appointed.

Looks like the vote secured Kavanaugh's appointment-- barely.

The question that needs to be asked is: If none of this sexual nonsense had come up, would the vote have been much different? I don't think it would have been. The Democrats have become a party of the radical Left and they have no interest in compromise or just government. They want to impose their dictatorship of virtue on the nation at this point.

I agree, but I'm glad to see that he prevailed against the scumbags.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

2jjsrf.jpg
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Good news. The most important aspect of this confirmation is that the tactics the Dems pulled failed, and hopefully they wont pull this crap again.

So, is there a viable case for slander here? It would be nice if Ford doesn't see a dime of the GoFundMe account. And she'll be on her own. The liberals will drop her like every other poster child before her.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

In the end, the Kavanaugh confirmation only reinforces Trump's mantra about the Deep State, how Democrats are unwilling to work across the isle, and that the MSM is his "enemy." For much of the voting public that is how this will resonate. It certainly isn't helping Democrat candidates who are in "purple" districts get elected. If anything, this hurt the Democrat's chances in such districts in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
              Good news. The most important aspect of this confirmation is that the tactics the Dems pulled failed, and hopefully they wont pull this crap again.

So, is there a viable case for slander here? It would be nice if Ford doesn't see a dime of the GoFundMe account. And she'll be on her own. The liberals will drop her like every other poster child before her.
              You are talking about the Left. This is their tactics. The Left doesn't want compromise. They don't want to negotiate. They want what they want and that's the end of it. Instead of less of this, the Democrats and their Leftist allies will double down on this sort of behavior the next time around. The protests will be louder and more violent. Democrats in Congress will act crazier than they already do. I could easily see some Leftist Democrat like Maxine Waters pounding her shoe on the podium like Khrushchev did.

Comment

The beauty of this is, the left made a deadly enemy out of a guy who before this started was probably not all that political. If they had just played the game like adults, Kavanaugh would go to the high bench without much if any partisanship.

But after what they put him and his family through, he would have to be a saint not to hold at least some grudge.

The Dems efforts seem terminally short-sighted.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You guys really think this is over? Think again. They are relentless. They'll demand Judge Kavanaugh recuse himself on every case that comes before the high court.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    You guys really think this is over? Think again. They are relentless. They'll demand Judge Kavanaugh recuse himself on every case that comes before the high court.
                    True in spirit, but this can only be requested by one of the two legal teams in the case, and that is not a wise move to make unless you have iron-clad proof.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                      They can demand, but won't get anywhere with it. Recusal is the judge's decision, not the litigant's. Judge's are presumed to be impartial. So, if a party wants a judge removed, they will have to file a motion and then prove actual bias or prejudice. Not just complain about it. Kavanaugh can be expected to recuse himself from matters that he has previously ruled on, but that is it.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You are talking about the Left. This is their tactics. The Left doesn't want compromise. They don't want to negotiate. They want what they want and that's the end of it. Instead of less of this, the Democrats and their Leftist allies will double down on this sort of behavior the next time around. The protests will be louder and more violent. Democrats in Congress will act crazier than they already do. I could easily see some Leftist Democrat like Maxine Waters pounding her shoe on the podium like Khrushchev did.

Sadly, I believe you are correct.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

Sadly, I believe you are correct.
                          I am. Losing makes them angry, and that anger feeds them for the next battle. Each time they convince themselves their cause is just and pure and that they cannot lose. It takes on religious proportions for them.

We are right and our cause is just. We will prevail! Then they get crushed by the other 70% of society. Instead of introspection and trying to adjust, they assume they lost for unjust and evil reasons. They respond with anger and hatred that those that disagree with them would do that. After all, their cause was just and pure.

And, people wonder why the Left can sympathize with ISIS... Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Looks like the vote secured Kavanaugh's appointment-- barely.

The question that needs to be asked is: If none of this sexual nonsense had come up, would the vote have been much different? .
                            52-48. Murkowski would not have abstained, and the vote would have occurred a week or so ago, and so Daines would have been present instead of his daughter's wedding. Manchin can't afford to vote against regardless. This mess probably made it even more difficult to vote for.

Tuebor

Comment

I guess the question is if the violence escalates. The FBI and secret service are going to be busy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X