X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACLU Opposes Kavanaugh's Appointment to SCOTUS

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1046826766017466370
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Could have written "Cabal of Progressive Leftist lawyers oppose Kavanaugh appointment."

Comment

But of course they would, He's a Conservative.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Could have written "Cabal of Progressive Leftist lawyers oppose Kavanaugh appointment."
        Who was the person who said in another thread that the ACLU is NOT a leftist organization?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          But of course they would, He's a Conservative.
          When the ACLU opposed the strict amendments about the gun checks for people with mental disabilities, was it a leftist organization then?

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-2...1-PgH894-3.htm
          American Civil Liberties Union, Washington, DC, February 1, 2017. Vote YES on the Resolution of Disapproval, H.J. Res. 40 (Social Security Administration NICS Final Rule)
          ... In December 2016, the SSA promulgated a final rule that would require the names of all Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit recipients--who, because of a mental impairment, use a representative payee to help manage their benefits--be submitted to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which is used during gun purchases. We oppose this rule because it advances and reinforces the harmful stereotype that people with mental disabilities, a vast and diverse group of citizens, are violent. There is no data to support a connection between the need for a representative payee to manage one's Social Security disability benefits and a propensity toward gun violence.

The ACLU does nor seem to have a "leftist" agenda unless you think that fighting for people's rights is a "leftist" thing.

Comment

One more point in his favor.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I would not be surprised if ACLU does not have good reputation among corrupt and authoritative cops....

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Who was the person who said in another thread that the ACLU is NOT a leftist organization?
                I don't know. Who?

Comment

When the ACLU opposed the strict amendments about the gun checks for people with mental disabilities, was it a leftist organization then?
                  Probably. They didn't want Leftists excluded from owning guns because you pretty much have to have a mental disability to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Probably. They didn't want Leftists excluded from owning guns because you pretty much have to have a mental disability to be one.
                    I take your sudden desire to stop a serious conversation as a tacit admission that you have no serious counterpoint to make

Comment

Or, a tacit acknowledgement that you have no point to make..

Comment

So an organization that "usually" opposes Conservative actions does so in this case ... ???
                        No Big Surprise here ...

Comment

I suppose you have to oppose anyone Hitler nominates on principle :-) The world is more insane than at any other time I can recall including the 60s. People are actually talking about the culture war becoming a shooting war, at least during the 60s you could blame drugs. Did they put something in the water?

Comment

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Answer : Pamak .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X