Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump tax schemes

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html

The president has long sold himself as a self-made billionaire, but a Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.
    Big surprise that rich people are cheating in taxes. However, a few of our conservative members that keep insisting Trump is a business genius should give this a read(looking at you PS).
    Wisdom is personal

If he were a "tax cheat" the IRS would have nailed him for it. He gets audited virtually every year of his adult life. They'd have caught him sooner or later. What the NYT calls a "tax cheat" is instead he availed himself of every loophole and edge he could find not to pay taxes on his earnings. He didn't make those laws that created the loopholes and dodges, politicians did.
    That seems to me to be pretty damn smart. Stupid would be to just pay more taxes than you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      If he were a "tax cheat" the IRS would have nailed him for it. He gets audited virtually every year of his adult life. They'd have caught him sooner or later. What the NYT calls a "tax cheat" is instead he availed himself of every loophole and edge he could find not to pay taxes on his earnings. He didn't make those laws that created the loopholes and dodges, politicians did.
      That seems to me to be pretty damn smart. Stupid would be to just pay more taxes than you need to.
      MAGA: only idiots pay taxes. You really think this way?
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

MAGA: only idiots pay taxes. You really think this way?
        Only idiots pay more taxes than they have to. Get it right. And, yes, I think that way. What you wrote was a misstatement of what I said.

You do know that Trump has been donating his salary as President to the US government. That's a big tax write off for him...

Comment

It's fake news again. Large companies are under constant audit. With the size of the Trump Organization, it goes year long and never ends. Trump provided an office space in the Trump Tower for the IRS in order to make it easier for his his accountants and tax lawyers to communicate with the IRS agents.

If the IRS has not found anything yet on Trump, why the heck would you believe some bullshit article by bullshit journalist with claims from bullshit sources?

It is the IRS. They took down Al Capone when no other agencies could. Have you dealt with the IRS? They contacted me for the penalty of not including the interest earned from a checking account that I opened when I was 18. Back then checking accounts were earning interest. I thougt I withdrew what I thought was the balance and filled out the paperwork to close the account. This was back then when you have to fill out forms on paper and it goes to some central office. Unbeknownst to me, there was some accrued interest in an account that I did not withdraw so the account remained open. I did not receive statements as I had moved. Unbeknownst to me, the account still kept compounding interest even though it became a closed account due to inactivity. I was told that was because someone may show up one day to ask for the money, either me or a beneficiary should I had died. The IRS wanted some ridiculously small amount from the interest earned over years, but tacked on their own interest and penalties. How the hell did $23 dollars in non-reported accrued interest that I never touched or knew about come out to a demand of over $6K?

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Why is the times even investigating this? They should be looking into Ford’s dubious history, the corrupt Mueller investigation, or any number of things. The NY Times is failing. Hard.
            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

You guys are really sticking to your guns. Shame you abandoned all the real values you had to do so.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

The Trump's are scum, as well as frauds and crooks. And those that support them cannot stand to see when something derogatory surfaces on them. The current administration may very well be the most corrupt in US history.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html

Big surprise that rich people are cheating in taxes. However, a few of our conservative members that keep insisting Trump is a business genius should give this a read(looking at you PS).
                  Tax evasion and "creative" off shore activities are common to the rich. Take a look at the Clinton's history, or the Obama's. I refuse to pillory Trump for what is common practice in America.

Or take a good look at the tax tricks used by major corporations.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It isn't 'fake news.' The New York Times article is exhaustive and took 18 months to put together.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/opini...nio/index.html
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

You guys are really sticking to your guns. Shame you abandoned all the real values you had to do so.
                      And you're trying to deflect with another TDS story about Trump. And talk abut "abandoning all the real values you had" - take a good look at the Democrats, the Anti-American Party.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

More on the Times article:

https://www.reuters.com/video/2018/1...eoId=469814060

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And you're trying to deflect with another TDS story about Trump. And talk abut "abandoning all the real values you had" - take a good look at the Democrats, the Anti-American Party.
                          Karri is correct-there is no longer a Republican Party-there is only a Trump party which is founded on corruption and collaboration with the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You're not a Democrat, and they're not in power. Why should anyone care about them?

Comment

Did the Trump supporters actually notice the part where Trump intentionally undervalued properties. Not sure the IRS would catch something like that.

oh and using the Irs audits as a defense is like saying Bernie Madoff did not steal any money.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X