Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Brett Kavanaugh investigation expose FBI incompetence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Brett Kavanaugh investigation expose FBI incompetence?

Through out Brett Kavanaugh’s career the FBI has conducted no less than 6 background investigations and never uncovered anything out of the ordinary.
    Six investigations over three decades, they interviewed past teachers, classmates from high school and college, they interviewed coworkers, they interviewed those who had worked for him.
    Not once did those six investigations expose any evidence of character flaws, alcoholism, scandals of any kind.
    If the newly ordered FVI investigations do support the accusers, how will that reflect on the FBI ?
    Wouldn’t it show us just how incompetent the FBI has become?
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Better incompetent than the black mail tool of a lunatic like J. Edgar Hoover :-). He set the standard for the "insurance policy" of Strzok and company.

I had thirty years of working with Federal employees and competent is not an adjective that I would use to describe them. What comes to mind is dedicated. Now dedicated is not necessarily a compliment. They were dedicated first to the authority of their particular bureaucracy, to trendy progressive ideas, to expanding federal government authority thru increased taxation and regulation, to protecting their careers, so on and so forth.

​​​​​​People have pretty unrealistic expectations of government employees. Most do their jobs according to the specification provided by the agency they work for. A few are absolutely useless and a few go beyond expectations. The natural order of things is that government bureaucracies are not meritocracy and produce mediocre work. That's the best we can hope for. The FBI is a necessary agency and apparently does acceptable work despite a long history of questionable leadership.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      Through out Brett Kavanaugh’s career the FBI has conducted no less than 6 background investigations and never uncovered anything out of the ordinary.
      Six investigations over three decades, they interviewed past teachers, classmates from high school and college, they interviewed coworkers, they interviewed those who had worked for him.
      Not once did those six investigations expose any evidence of character flaws, alcoholism, scandals of any kind.
      If the newly ordered FVI investigations do support the accusers, how will that reflect on the FBI ?
      Wouldn’t it show us just how incompetent the FBI has become?
      Once again denigrating the FBI when you obviously don't know anything about the investigations that you refer to or how the FBI works. And you don't know the content of the investigations. Further, it wasn't the FBI that initiated the new investigation, but the president at the behest of Congress.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

They only start at the age of 18. I mean who would have ever suspected that someone nominated for the Supreme Court could be guilty of the attempted rape of a 15 year old girl at 17?

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
        (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
          They only start at the age of 18. I mean who would have ever suspected that someone nominated for the Supreme Court could be guilty of the attempted rape of a 15 year old girl at 17?
          On the other hand, one could reasonably expect the Democrats to spring a barely credible surprise witness or three on one of these confirmation hearings... Bork, bork, bork...

Comment

So any alcoholic tendencies in college would have been uncovered.
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Once again denigrating the FBI when you obviously don't know anything about the investigations that you refer to or how the FBI works. And you don't know the content of the investigations. Further, it wasn't the FBI that initiated the new investigation, but the president at the behest of Congress.
              An investigative professional would have uncovered something in six independent investigations and that is something you can not accept.

Comment

An investigative professional would have uncovered something in six independent investigations and that is something you can not accept.
                Give it a rest-you're 'issue' is that you don't like and continue to denigrate US institutions that you don't agree with. And you do it as a knee-jerk reaction without actually thinking about it.

What is your experience with any 'investigative professional'? Have you ever done an investigation? I've had to do JAG Manual investigations in the Marine Corps and they are not easy to do, two of them being death investigations.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

I've done countless background checks over the years for a wide variety of reasons. One might miss the fact that a subject had skeletons, but six? Even the FBI couldn't screw up that badly.

The bimbo in question, who was caught out in several lies (fear of flying, anyone?) aside, the simple fact is that such actions are seldom single occurrences. Someone who has a penchant for violent sex will do it more than once, and word leaks out. You talk to enough people, hints will surface.

The key to a background check is time and resources. If you have enough time to keep digging back, you can get a solid picture of a person. Not enough for a criminal prosecution, perhaps, but you will a feel for what skeletons are in their closet.

The FBI, when doing a security background check, will go back as far as they can; I've read dozens of their check files, and they will contact people deep into their school years.

If Kavanaugh had a habit of assaulting women, rumors would have surfaced and been recorded in the background checks. But they didn't. Nor had any of the tell-tales that are associated with such activity surfaced.

Nor is it likely that he committed a single attack (on a victim who cannot remember where, when or how the attack took place, how she got there, why she was there, or how she got home. Or why a witness named by the alleged victim claims that nothing happened at all. Or why she did not bring it up to the police at the timer, or later, or even which she was interviewed as part of his earlier background checks.)

The Famous But Incompetent would not have struck out six times on something as simple as this background check. When doing a check, especially follow-on checks, the push is always to find someone to talk to that your predecessors did not reach. You ask every person you talk to for others who knew the subject. After six checks the odds are that they would have spoken with every person in his tenth grade home room.

This entire affair is nothing but the Left trying to block the appointment of a man with integrity, or at least delay it long enough in the hopes that there will be a change, legal or violent, in the government of the United States.

The good news is that if he didn't hate the left before, he does now.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

They only start at the age of 18.
                    Wrong as usual.

I mean who would have ever suspected that someone nominated for the Supreme Court could be guilty of the attempted rape of a 15 year old girl at 17?
                    Seriously? Worse people have been appointed to the USSC. Do you know anything about history?

And since when has guilt been established? One claim made without details does not, in the USA, constitute anything. There have never been charges filed, then or now.

This is nothing but political drama at best, criminal obstruction of a government process at worst.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Wow. Apparently the presumption of innocence and burden of proof no longer apply.

I suddenly recalled a very specific recollection that you tried to rape me 35 years ago.
                      Prove me wrong or accept your conviction of the charge.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Wow. Apparently the presumption of innocence and burden of proof no longer apply.

I suddenly recalled a very specific recollection that you tried to rape me 35 years ago.
                        Prove me wrong or accept your conviction of the charge.
                        It only works if you have a vagina...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Give it a rest-you're 'issue' is that you don't like and continue to denigrate US institutions that you don't agree with. And you do it as a knee-jerk reaction without actually thinking about it.

What is your experience with any 'investigative professional'? Have you ever done an investigation? I've had to do JAG Manual investigations in the Marine Corps and they are not easy to do, two of them being death investigations.
                          Coming from the serial Never Trump poster I should feel complimented.
                          I doubt the FBI screwed up the six previous investigations. More than likely you and the Democrats just didn’t like the outcome of those previous investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

It only works if you have a vagina...
                            And aren't accusing a dem.
                            (see clinton and ellison)
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

And aren't accusing a dem.
                              (see clinton and ellison)
                              Ah! True.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X