Trump at 9% Approval, in Canada.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump at 9% Approval, in Canada.

Trump's approval in Canada has hit a new low at 9% approval and 80% disapproval. His recent comments about Canada and Trudeau seem to be helping Trudeau and creating a climate that the government has to hold tough on NAFTA. The poll is of the 5 party leaders, the two most prominent Premiers, and Trump, Bernie, and Hillary.

Oh, well.

Trumps responsibilities are to America.

We can always just drop NAFTA entirely, cut the deal with Mexico, and let Canada forge ahead all on its own.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Yup, certainly not gonna grovel. I remember posting my Canada concerns about NAFTA prior to the election. Don't worry everyone said, America's beef is with Mexico, not Canada. Seems a shame because the USA has a surplus with Canada who export raw material and energy for manufactured goods. Last time USA abrogated Free Trade with Canada was 1866 and took 120 years to get another deal. Canada lived without it before and can do so again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
        Yup, certainly not gonna grovel. I remember posting my Canada concerns about NAFTA prior to the election. Don't worry everyone said, America's beef is with Mexico, not Canada. Seems a shame because the USA has a surplus with Canada who export raw material and energy for manufactured goods. Last time USA abrogated Free Trade with Canada was 1866 and took 120 years to get another deal. Canada lived without it before and can do so again.
        No doubt.

And without US defense treaties. Trump doesn't pull punches; you can bet if Canada bucks up, nothing will be safe or sacred.

But you guys have needed to beef up your defense spending for a while now.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Trump's approval in Canada has hit a new low at 9% approval and 80% disapproval. His recent comments about Canada and Trudeau seem to be helping Trudeau and creating a climate that the government has to hold tough on NAFTA. The poll is of the 5 party leaders, the two most prominent Premiers, and Trump, Bernie, and Hillary.
          Trudeau is even lower in America - in fact, most Americans have no idea who he even is. And why are Bernie and Hilary even on the poll to begin with? What's your point?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Just thought I'd pass it on. Hillary & Bernie are there for comparison.

Comment

Paul, for what it's worth, I agree with you: Trump's trade policies will hurt people on both sides of our common border. That being said, however, until Trump's supporters here start feeling the pain -- and the Democrats can fashion a halfway decent candidate to run against him -- their support for Trump will remain pretty much unchanged. So in short, Trump's polling numbers in Canada are pretty much irrelevant.

I can think of one item, though, that should be blocked at the border: CCM sticks. Twice now my boy has shattered brand new CCM sticks, most recently on his first shot. We have a very strange fellow here -- a Torontonian who roots for the Habs -- calls them "Canadian Crappy Materials." What gives?
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

With what? Hilary is not even a decent human being.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

With what? Hilary is not even a decent human being.
                  If you had omitted the word "decent," I would not have objected.

Comment

To what? Felons?

Comment

Was at a local grocery store today(a once great sight in our country, now fading taken over by greedy corporations) and I overheard the two elderly customers and cashier in front of me talking politics, and criticizing modern day US leadership. I felt it and had to say that we need to bring back the spirit of FDR, all 3 the two customers and cashier vehemently agreed, and proudly spoke of when the USA had honor. That was a long time ago.

Then another customer came up, the cashier criticized US leadership to this customer, I said I spoke before you arrived that the spirit of FDR needs to come back, the customer an elderly lady agreed vehemently.

Anti Americans do not care about Canada. Canada is a worthy ally that is Catholic and Protestant majority. A minority of Americans do not care for Canada. Its the same minority of folks from all backgrounds that are blind to world events and they do not care for freedom for those in the middle east and worldwide. Most Americans and Canadians are dignified folks.
                      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                        Was at a local grocery store today(a once great sight in our country, now fading taken over by greedy corporations) and I overheard the two elderly customers and cashier in front of me talking politics, and criticizing modern day US leadership. I felt it and had to say that we need to bring back the spirit of FDR, all 3 the two customers and cashier vehemently agreed, and proudly spoke of when the USA had honor. That was a long time ago.

Then another customer came up, the cashier criticized US leadership to this customer, I said I spoke before you arrived that the spirit of FDR needs to come back, the customer an elderly lady agreed vehemently.

Anti Americans do not care about Canada. Canada is a worthy ally that is Catholic and Protestant majority. A minority of Americans do not care for Canada. Its the same minority of folks from all backgrounds that are blind to world events and they do not care for freedom for those in the middle east and worldwide. Most Americans and Canadians are dignified folks.
                        Canada was also the entry point for many terrorists into America, and the haven for draft dodgers and other undesirables. It is also still allied strongly to England, the nation we threw out to gain our own freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Canada was also the entry point for many terrorists into America, and the haven for draft dodgers and other undesirables. It is also still allied strongly to England, the nation we threw out to gain our own freedom.
                          Thats what Anti Americans want you to think. In numerous aspects Canadians played an important role in WW2.

Draft dodgers in the US could find safe haven in numerous countries keep that in mind. Its wrong to single out Canada. In fact the USA has taken on folks fleeing from other countries for a # of reasons, some reasonable others perhaps not so much.

Canada is technically under the English Crown, go into a Canadian Gov building you will see a pic of Queen Elizabeth II standing the highest. Its been a long time since the War of 1812, a war involving good people on both sides. I have visited some of the battle fields of The War of 1812 in Canada, here both the American and Canadian/British forces are respected.

In the modern times, and for many years Canada and England have been great allies. WW2 is all the proof needed to show who the good guys(allies) were and the bad guys(axis) were. To this today there is an axis type mindset trying to convince people in the USA that they should not care about the middle class or about the USA having allies that support the same freedoms we have in the USA.

Canada is a worthy ally by all accounts, standing by equality among man as the USA does. England is also a great ally, its spirit led by Richard I prevails to this day. A statue of Richard I standing tall in England somehow survived bombing by the Third Reich during the Blitz. The Canadians and English have a similar history to that of the Americans, in each country good people have stood by the traditions, only those greedy people want to attack the legacy of the great Christian nations of the world and they want good folk like you to disregard the Canadians and English.
                          Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Paul, for what it's worth, I agree with you: Trump's trade policies will hurt people on both sides of our common border. That being said, however, until Trump's supporters here start feeling the pain -- and the Democrats can fashion a halfway decent candidate to run against him -- their support for Trump will remain pretty much unchanged. So in short, Trump's polling numbers in Canada are pretty much irrelevant.

I can think of one item, though, that should be blocked at the border: CCM sticks. Twice now my boy has shattered brand new CCM sticks, most recently on his first shot. We have a very strange fellow here -- a Torontonian who roots for the Habs -- calls them "Canadian Crappy Materials." What gives?
                            Hi Slick. CCM (Canadian Cycle Manufacturers) should have stuck with bikes but they switched to hockey gear when cars came in 1905. They never quite got the hang of it.

So far as Trump's popularity in Canada goes, I know it is a non-issue in the US, I never expected it to be. I might not always seem it but I'm a big fan of the USA, always have been. I've always stuck up for the USA my whole life . I do not like the divergence between our two countries, nor the anti-Canadian propaganda machine operated by the Trumpsters that delivers so much disinformation. whether it's false trade practices lies, lies about Canada being a conduit of terrorism to USA, or lies about our health care system or any other lies.

Comment

Hi Slick. CCM (Canadian Cycle Manufacturers) should have stuck with bikes but they switched to hockey gear when cars came in 1905. They never quite got the hang of it.

So far as Trump's popularity in Canada goes, I know it is a non-issue in the US, I never expected it to be. I might not always seem it but I'm a big fan of the USA, always have been. I've always stuck up for the USA my whole life . I do not like the divergence between our two countries, nor the anti-Canadian propaganda machine operated by the Trumpsters that delivers so much disinformation. whether it's false trade practices lies, lies about Canada being a conduit of terrorism to USA, or lies about our health care system or any other lies.
                              Trump's rhetoric appeals to the narrow-minded amongst our population: the willfully ignorant, the xenophobic, those who need to blame anyone besides themselves. So don't feel too singled-out: Trump talks trash about everyone, from A to Z. That puts you boys third on the sh*t list. If you deliberately forget the contributions made by Canadians during the World Wars, it's easy to vilify them.

Now about that propaganda, are you talking about stuff like Canadian beer is moonshine, or that all Canadian women are either hookers or hockey players?

So am I to take it that Canadian bicycles shatter on their first ride out of the bike store?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X