Yet another reason to hate the UN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another reason to hate the UN

This week marks another edition of the United Nation's General Assembly: the annual gathering of world notables congregating in a small patch on Manhattan's East Side. Given the concentration of top political leaders, security is tighter than a virgin's thighs -- which leads to all kinds of problem for the people who have to live and work in the neighborhood. Here's Maria Fernanda Espinosa Garces -- the General Assembly's new president -- offering her view on what this event does to New Yorkers:

And about that traffic? Well, President Espinosa Garces says mass transit is good the environment.

"It's very important, and we are especially used to public transportation. there is no carbon," she said. "It's going to help a great deal with traffic in New York."

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/...-over-sessions
    Given the fact that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is starved for funds, does that mean that the UN and all of its diplomats will start paying taxes? As it is the pr*cks don't even pay sales tax. Will -- at the very least -- Ms Espinosa Garces lead by example, by eschewing her limousine in favor of the subway?

The casual contempt of UN personnel for the city that hosts their glorified shopping binge has been a constant for better than six decades. We'd have been better served leaving those a$$holes out in the sterile suburbs. or letting them move to Philadelphia as they originally intended. (Yet one more strike against Robert Moses. )

Hey General Assembly Pres: either you're part of the solution, or you're part of the problem. Since plainly you offer nothing but lip-service, logic dictates that we lump you in with the problem. That being the case, the question that begs asking is, who needs you?

Watch the interview. That reporter just accepts her assertion about mass transit at face value: doesn't even pause at the audacity of her arrogance. If this . . . . individual is that cowed by celebrity that he can't so much as question such obvious drivel, then he has no business being a journalist. Grow a fcking pair already!
    Last edited by slick_miester; 20 Sep 18, 09:34.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Isn't complicated traffic part of the charm of the Big Apple?
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Isn't complicated traffic part of the charm of the Big Apple?
      So what purpose is served by making it worse?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

So what purpose is served by making it worse?
        Make it more charming?

I don't think anyone else wants it.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Make it more charming?

I don't think anyone else wants it.
          Don't you think that if this bimbo is going to comment on how New Yorkers travel then the least she can do is pay taxes to support the transit system?

Comment

Diplomats donít pay taxes in the host country. The US is as guilty as any.

The New Yoirk economy benefits from all those diplomats spending their bloated expense accounts on NY hotels, restaurants and prostitutes.
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Diplomats don;t pay taxes -- including sales taxes, they don't pay fines, they park at fire hydrants, they assault police officers, they keep their slaves here . . . . Would it make some measure of sense if this cnt paid into the very system that she touts while it so miserably fails the taxpayers? At the very least she can forego her carbon-belching limousine, no?

Comment

Don't you think that if this bimbo is going to comment on how New Yorkers travel then the least she can do is pay taxes to support the transit system?
                Nah. New Yorkers love to complain. She's just giving the people what they want.

It would be interesting to see if the UN brings in more money than it costs the city.

Comment

Nah. New Yorkers love to complain. She's just giving the people what they want.

It would be interesting to see if the UN brings in more money than it costs the city.
                  We only complain about Texans when they sodomize our pets.

I doubt it's close. They even have their own public school for their little perfumed princes.

Comment

I say if the UN wants to continue to be hosted on US soil we make Johnson Island available to them. There's an air port there. Let them live on their yachts while there.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      I say if the UN wants to continue to be hosted on US soil we make Johnson Island available to them. There's an air port there. Let them live on their yachts while there.

Looks perfect to me. No distractions from work, no parking problems, and plenty of fresh, clean air. And if Johnson doesn't work, I think we still own Midway.

Otherwise, send 'em all to Switzerland.

Midway Island

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Johnson is perfect. We used it as a toxic waste dump to dispose of chemical weapons. Its like the whole UN deserves that.

Comment

^ Sounds too expensive. I'm a firm believer in recycling. No point building something new when something old is still available. Originally the UN building was slated for Philadelphia. Then master Builder Robert Moses stepped in and got it transferred to New York, the property being donated by the Rockefeller's. While their current digs were under construction, the UN met in Lake Success, a cookie-cutter suburb just east of the City line in Long Island. It lies on the glide path for JFK Int'l Airport. Or they can stick the UN in the now-disused Nassau County Mausoleum. So I says that we move 'em all back to "Lawn Guyland." Better there than here. Better anywhere as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

^ Sounds too expensive. I'm a firm believer in recycling. No point building something new when something old is still available. Originally the UN building was slated for Philadelphia. Then master Builder Robert Moses stepped in and got it transferred to New York, the property being donated by the Rockefeller's. While their current digs were under construction, the UN met in Lake Success, a cookie-cutter suburb just east of the City line in Long Island. It lies on the glide path for JFK Int'l Airport. Or they can stick the UN in the now-disused Nassau County Mausoleum. So I says that we move 'em all back to "Lawn Guyland." Better there than here. Better anywhere as far as I'm concerned.
                            Nope...completely off of American soil, and since they will foot the construction bill, not America, (we carried them long enough) they can put it wherever else they like. Right now, I'm thinking real estate is really cheap in Somalia.

But since you brought up recycling, there are literally dozens of huge former auto plants rotting in the Detroit area. Any one of those would be perfect. Plenty of parking space, too, and some great housing projects to live in.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Nope...completely off of American soil, and since they will foot the construction bill, not America, (we carried them long enough) they can put it wherever else they like. Right now, I'm thinking real estate is really cheap in Somalia.
                              Somalia, Long Island: still not sure which is worse. . . . .

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              But since you brought up recycling, there are literally dozens of huge former auto plants rotting in the Detroit area. Any one of those would be perfect. Plenty of parking space, too, and some great housing projects to live in.
                              I think you've found our winner. Certainly can't make Detroit any worse.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X