Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tucker Carlson criticizes Amazon and Wall Mart for providing low wages to Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
    I do, I can see customer reviews concerning your business. And it's struggling.

BTW, Amazon just raised their MW to $15 per hour. Higher wages means more skilled workers. Better service and support.
    Do what you want to do. I'd suggest making changes.

BTW, what reviews are you discussing, link please.....

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

And the teachers should make more money. Public tax dollars being directed to teachers instead of corporate interests and no-bid contracts. All our tax dollars going into the pockets of corrupt individuals. Instead of helping the middle class. Kinda why red states are usually broke. Corporate policies aren't good for the middle class. Corporate policies eliminate the middle class. That's the nature of capitalism by it's very definition.
    Doesn't change they should be held to measurable standards of performance to the maximum degree possible for that money.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied

What is this liberal nonsense? You do realize there are more moderate democrats than liberals? I'm a moderate. I do understand that you're trained to hate anything 'liberal' or 'democratic'
    Changes nothing. You have no clue.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Higher wages do not guarantee higher skilled workers or better service. Here in Arizona we have this big teacher pay raise movement called "Red for Ed." They want on the order of doubling teacher salaries (yes, they are low here, but that's a different argument). I've repeatedly hit up their leadership and front men about "What do we get for that money? Are you guys willing to put improvement standards in writing to get those raises?" I even asked the governor on a mass phone townhall those questions.

I always get the same answer. "Well, it's difficult in education to do that..." That is, they claim they can't make quantifiable standards. When I follow up with "So, what you're telling me is that we double teacher salaries and get the same teachers teaching the same stuff the same way for no improvement..." That's what it amounts to. Amazon is the same way. There is zero guarantee that they'll end up with better workers-- certainly not the ones they have right now, those will be doing the same thing for more money-- or better service.
    And the teachers should make more money. Public tax dollars being directed to teachers instead of corporate interests and no-bid contracts. All our tax dollars going into the pockets of corrupt individuals. Instead of helping the middle class. Kinda why red states are usually broke. Corporate policies aren't good for the middle class. Corporate policies eliminate the middle class. That's the nature of capitalism by it's very definition.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

No, you have no clue. Like most liberals. It makes sense for Amazon, not for Mc Donalds.

And the last thing we would do is make changes based on your suggestions.

And be more specific concerning the reviews you speak of.
    What is this liberal nonsense? You do realize there are more moderate democrats than liberals? I'm a moderate. I do understand that you're trained to hate anything 'liberal' or 'democratic'

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

BTW, Amazon just raised their MW to $15 per hour. Higher wages means more skilled workers. Better service and support.
    Higher wages do not guarantee higher skilled workers or better service. Here in Arizona we have this big teacher pay raise movement called "Red for Ed." They want on the order of doubling teacher salaries (yes, they are low here, but that's a different argument). I've repeatedly hit up their leadership and front men about "What do we get for that money? Are you guys willing to put improvement standards in writing to get those raises?" I even asked the governor on a mass phone townhall those questions.

I always get the same answer. "Well, it's difficult in education to do that..." That is, they claim they can't make quantifiable standards. When I follow up with "So, what you're telling me is that we double teacher salaries and get the same teachers teaching the same stuff the same way for no improvement..." That's what it amounts to. Amazon is the same way. There is zero guarantee that they'll end up with better workers-- certainly not the ones they have right now, those will be doing the same thing for more money-- or better service.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied

No, you have no clue. Like most liberals. It makes sense for Amazon, not for Mc Donalds.

And the last thing we would do is make changes based on your suggestions.

And be more specific concerning the reviews you speak of.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied

You have no clue what you're talking about concerning my business. And surviving doesn't mean barely making it. A 15 dollar an hour minimum isn't realistic. And that increase without a corresponding increase for everyone else would create more problems, as skilled workers are suddenly worth less.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Your from Greece? Where little happens unless you give a government official a little envolpe? Where taxes are optional? Where the reason for not using credit cards and banks is to evade tax?

I know which system I prefer.
    And the place where the economy is shrinking as the terminal debt keeps growing? If it wasn't for German charity and the EU, Greece would have collapsed already. The question is, how long will the charity last?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post

As I said, you play the game of semantics which still does not excuse your behavior when you attacked the OP calling him a liar while you tried to claim that Tucker never said anything like " Wealthy Americans have a duty to give back." In fact, the videos clearly show Tucker supported his criticism of Koch and Bezos by saying, among other things, "because the powerful have an obligation to take care of the less powerful " What a joke!
    Actually, it is called noblese oblige and it has been around since at least the Feudal Age.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Sorry, even your interpretation doesn't help.

You will note that even in your quote he doesn't say that, but other than that you are absolutely right.
    But you're doing really good.
    As I said, you play the game of semantics which still does not excuse your behavior when you attacked the OP calling him a liar while you tried to claim that Tucker never said anything like " Wealthy Americans have a duty to give back." In fact, the videos clearly show Tucker supported his criticism of Koch and Bezos by saying, among other things, "because the powerful have an obligation to take care of the less powerful " What a joke!
    Last edited by pamak; 20 Sep 18, 02:19.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

You have no clue what you're talking about concerning my business. And surviving doesn't mean barely making it. A 15 dollar an hour minimum isn't realistic. And that increase without a corresponding increase for everyone else would create more problems, as skilled workers are suddenly worth less.
    Nope! An increase at the bottom of the pay scale does not affect the salary of EVERYBODY. It does affect the salaries of people close to minimum wage but such increases diminish as we go up the ladder and soon vanish. By the way, there is no doubt that $15 in SF is different from paying $15 in Kansas. Also, there is no doubt that small business have bigger challenges when they compete against big corporationst. As it was already mentioned before, is well known that the Wallmart business leads to the closure of smaller competitors. That was all good and nice when people supporting Wallmart could argue that any practice that leads to cheaper products is good for the public. The average American consumer could buy this claim as long as it did not see himself become victims of such practices. Of course, now that many Americans see the cheap Chinese products and the corporate tactics directly affecting them, they decided that such thing is unacceptable...
    Last edited by pamak; 19 Sep 18, 18:56.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied

No wonder your business is barely making it by. Not all businesses are meant to survive off peanuts and paying employees in peanuts. I'd start with getting a website going first.

You should listen to democratic policies, they help economies. Which is why blue states have better economies than red states. The writing is on the wall, I don't think you care to notice it.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Your from Greece? Where little happens unless you give a government official a little envolpe? Where taxes are optional? Where the reason for not using credit cards and banks is to evade tax?

I know which system I prefer.
    You are way off!

When I left there was not a liberalization of the banker sector in Greece. The weak drahma helped to control spending and debt. But with the adoption of EU many things changed. While I was here (US), the Greek banks managed to promote the same BS practices to the consumers. People getting credit to pay for everyday expenses became very popular, and this was certainly a sign of what was going to come.
    Last edited by pamak; 19 Sep 18, 18:29.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X