Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Board Of Education Votes To Remove Hillary Clinton From History Curriculum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

History is constantly re-written.

And more importantly, certain areas are carefully ignored.

Or are you going to hand over your nation to the indigenous population who rightfully own it and head back to Europe?

Once you start lying about the truth, history becomes subjective at best.

That's one thing about the USA: the actual historical record states again and again: you, this is ours now.

The USA never claimed things in the name of some inbred immigrant; they just shot the locals until they signed documents they couldn't read that were binding only for one party.

As Red Cloud noted around 1900: the white man only told us one true thing: that they would take our land. And they did.

Bold mine

The irony of a conservatives talking like a feminist....

This is exactly the claim (in bold) people make when they talk about the need to study women's history as part of our education. For centuries we have ignored the history of half of the human population. Considering that women's political participation was denied for centuries, and the fact that even today they are underrepresented in political institutions, it make sense to track the development of the role they have in political affairs. In that sense, it makes perfect sense to have Hillary being part of the curriculum as the first woman who won the primaries. What people did to Native Americans or what they do to history in general may be true but is not an excuse for justifying the choices we make.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

By the way, out of curiosity I wanted to see some names that were deemed important enough to be mentioned in Texas history books

In a couple of seconds after browsing the first Texas high school textbook that I found online, I saw that Perot made it to the list of the important historical figures. The textbook also mentions his presidential campaign as a third-party candidate...

Page 674

https://www.scuc.txed.net/site/handl...rn%20texas.pdf

p.s, the school belongs to a public school district..
      Last edited by pamak; 19 Sep 18, 18:58.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Surely it's not an opinion: it is fact.
        It would be a sad day when people are permitted to manipulate recorded history to suit their own personal preferences.
        What direct connect does Hillary have to Texas history? None of those Hillary killed in Benghazi were from Texas.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

What direct connect does Hillary have to Texas history? None of those Hillary killed in Benghazi were from Texas.
          The OP did not say that they decide to remove her from Texas history specifically!

http://www.oann.com/texas-board-of-e...ry-curriculum/

The Texas Board of Education moves to take Hillary Clinton out of the history curriculum in the state’s public schools.

I assume in the state's public schools they still learn US history...

Comment

She was a threat to all of America.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Not a bad idea.

Too bad we can't dump Slick Willie, too.
              Nothing like a good dose of censorship.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

The OP did not say that they decide to remove her from Texas history specifically!

http://www.oann.com/texas-board-of-e...ry-curriculum/

The Texas Board of Education moves to take Hillary Clinton out of the history curriculum in the state’s public schools.

I assume in the state's public schools they still learn US history...
                What direct connect does Hillary have to Texas history?
                My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

What direct connect does Hillary have to Texas history?
                  The same connection as any other government figure - it's history. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were not from Texas, either, but they are probably still in Texan textbooks.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The same connection as any other government figure - it's history. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were not from Texas, either, but they are probably still in Texan textbooks.
                    Oh, I forgot Hillary was the 45th President.
                    My worst jump story:
                    No lie.

~
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Oh, I forgot Hillary was the 45th President.
                      Exactly. I wonder if they would mention her rigging the primary.
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Exactly. I wonder if they would mention her rigging the primary.
                        Apparently, it was only presidents who were studied in the history curriculum when you were students. No wonder why there is such a level of ignorance about historical facts.
                        As for Hillary, I think they should mention it, just like they should mention that Trump got Putin's help during the elections...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Apparently, it was only presidents who were studied in the history curriculum when you were students. No wonder why there is such a level of ignorance about historical facts.
                          As for Hillary, I think they should mention it, just like they should mention that Trump got Putin's help during the elections...
                          Are these more of your "facts?"
                          "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Are these more of your "facts?"
                            Yup, talk about ignorance.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X