Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Update, Bow lives in France. He is not French but Canadian
    Actually I work in France at an amis boat yard for appx 4 months then go pick grapes in Germany for a month or so then go back to Canada in time for my 181 days.....then go skiing for a bit then go back to Europe in may....as for American LL...I was going on the memories of old solders/sailors of about 1941 vintage and refered to the shaips as " battle ships" when they were about the size of destroyers or something similar..as for the Shermans the guys I knew fought Rommels bunch way back in 1942 or such and just remember Tigers and such and Maitldas and other rickety tanls.......All gone now so no way to question them.......But of course we all know the US saved the world....just ask them......

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Yeah they're both awesome, if you can handle the oversized egos. I prefer the suburbs, or better yet the outskirts of the suburbs. Lots of land and fresh air, but you can drive or train into the city to visit Independence Hall or catch a show.
      So what do you enjoy more: the gay culture of Bucks Co, or Gritty?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

So what do you enjoy more: the gay culture of Bucks Co, or Gritty?
        I've never heard either of those. I enjoy staying home, minding my business, and being happy.
        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I've been to France at least four times and found the people both respectful and helpful, unless someone acts rudely to them. Is that what you did?
          Parisians can have a laugh at you expense. It's a kind of challenge, whether you can take it and dish it right back. It IS a kind of recognition of you as an equal, but it comes with certain demands on you. And if you find yourself taken by surprise or otherwise stumped it can be annoying as hell.

Comment

Since we are now discussing Paris, I have been there 3 times and traveled a bit in the north.
            Over the course of my visits, I ran into exactly one rude person (hotel clerk where I was staying)
            The rest have been extremely pleasant and patient with my limited ability to speak French.
            I have no doubt that there are rude Parisians, but save for a hotel clerk, I haven't met them.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

I've never heard either of those. I enjoy staying home, minding my business, and being happy.
              Shut-in, agoraphobe, or misanthrope?

Comment

Probably one of those dirty pot-smoking hippies that have fused with their couch.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Boss

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

Probably one of those dirty pot-smoking hippies that have fused with their couch.
                    You need to work on your imagination there, buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post
                      Boss
                      Of what?

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Of what?
                        Why do you keep asking these questions? You're a New Yorker. If you can't deal with it that's on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post

Why do you keep asking these questions? You're a New Yorker. If you can't deal with it that's on you.
                          So secretive . . . . Must be a crime boss . . . .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X