Rep Tulsi Gabbard condemns Trump for protecting Al-Qaida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep Tulsi Gabbard condemns Trump for protecting Al-Qaida

While Trump/Pence gave speeches honoring the victims of 9/11 two days ago, they are simultaneously protecting al-Qaeda and other jihadist forces in Syria; threatening Russia, Syria, and Iran with US military force if they dare attack these terrorists.
    This is a complete betrayal of the American people, those we lost on 9/11, my brothers and sisters in uniform we’ve lost since, and their families. Every Member of Congress must condemn the President for protecting al-Qaeda.
    https://twitter.com/TulsiPress/statu...63526156627968

This is after Trump admin has been threatening Syria, Russia and Iran if they try drive away Al-Qaida and it's allies from Iblid.
    "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery"
    Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Nonsense.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by JML View Post

This is after Trump admin has been threatening Syria, Russia and Iran if they try drive away Al-Qaida and it's allies from Iblid.
      False interpretation of what the Trump administration said .

Comment

She supports keeping Assad, Syria's dictator in power. So, she's got a vested interest that plays against what she's claiming.

Comment

I thought that Trump was Putin's stooge, and that, since Putin backs Assad, that therefore Trump backs Assad. So if al Qaeda is threatening Assad, therefore Kremlin stooge Trump must be against al Qaeda. So how can Trump be backing al Qaeda against Assad? This is all very confusing.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by JML View Post

Got another source? This story isn't anywhere on the web. Need more information.

Comment

This is all very new and interesting...I previolisly recall Gabbard publicly calling Assad as a "war criminal". After reading the OP though I checked out Gabbards wiki page and the wiki page shows that Gabbard seemingly has a complicated approach to the situation in Syria.

Apparently Gabbard is one of those folks saying Assad is the better of two evils. This type of approach of "the better of two evils" was always a controversial approach for men and women of history to take.

That approach needs to change, either be against Assad or for Assad. Diplomatically the US leadership needs a face lift, we need to go back to being trustworthy and once and for all stop the double talk. If I was in a different country and heard a American leader call my President a "war criminal" or "dictator" which is how Gabbard has publicly spoken about Assad... this would be of course a red flag to a potential alliance.

It is interesting to hear that last year Gabbard had meant with figures from the Syrian Social Nationalist party. The SSNP is a party founded in the 1930s by the Arab Christian Antoun Saadeh that included Christian, Muslim and Jew these folks in the SSNP had a great vision for the middle east unlike how modern day Israel, Iran and Saudi view things) The SSNP although they have a different vision of the middle east a vision that speaks more like American liberal values... are allied with the Syrian Gov.

During WW2 in the public sphere the US leadership spoke positively of their Soviet and British allies. The United States has made mistakes after WW2 in terms of whom we have allied with and how we talk in public about our allies or potential allies.
              Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 14 Sep 18, 09:39.
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Guys like AJR and Lljadw dont be surprised...Gabbard can be just as emotional as Donald J Trump. Trump has heaped praise on Assad as well as Kim Jong of NK for that matter. At the same time, Trump has also been critical of Assad and Kim. Trump has praised Putin and Russia, but has also perhaps in an attempt to placate someone or something has criticized Putin.

“If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail,” she said in announcing the legislation. “Yet the U.S. government has been violating this law for years, quietly supporting allies and partners of al-Qaeda, ISIL . . . and other terrorist groups with money, weapons and intelligence support, in their fight to overthrow the Syrian government.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a071c68469d3

That massive suprise statement by Gabbard was from last year, it did not come from Alex Jones, but it came from Gabbard.

Apparently Gabbard supports Bernie Sanders. It is really a letdown to hear a US offical allege their own country supports AQ and ISIL. Gabbard also apparently like Trump at times presents weak American leadership when it comes to the middle east and religion. The USA needs change, once and for all we need to support the good people of the middle east.

In moving forward the Republicans need to present a unified front, and once and for all stand by those in the middle east that promote equality , and the only gov in the middle doing so now is Turkey. So GOP get your heads together and do something. Its the GOPs chance to make a huge change in the middle east showing the true American spirit something we have not seen for some time now.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  She supports keeping Assad, Syria's dictator in power. So, she's got a vested interest that plays against what she's claiming.
                  Hey flip flopper. Trump was also in favor of keeping Assad in power during his campaign, as were his supporters. However, once in office he caved into the establishment.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Hey flip flopper. Trump was also in favor of keeping Assad in power during his campaign, as were his supporters. However, once in office he caved into the establishment.
                    My position on Syria is irrelevant here and I didn't offer it. I pointed out what Gabbard's position is. I also didn't offer anything on Trump's position. So, your ad hominem fails on several levels.

Comment

Who do you think we're arming in Syria?
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My position on Syria is irrelevant here and I didn't offer it. I pointed out what Gabbard's position is. I also didn't offer anything on Trump's position. So, your ad hominem fails on several levels.
                        Her position is the same as the person you voted for, so how can you attack her for it. What she's claiming is true which is why Trump wanted out of Syria during the campaign. They wanted Assad in power for the same reasons.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Her position is the same as the person you voted for, so how can you attack her for it. What she's claiming is true which is why Trump wanted out of Syria during the campaign. They wanted Assad in power for the same reasons.
                          I didn't. I pointed out her position, nothing more.

Comment

I didn't. I pointed out her position, nothing more.
                            This is why you pointed out her position:

she's got a vested interest that plays against what she's claiming.
                            Which is wrong. Her position on Assad plays into what she's claiming. Trump is supporting Muslim extremist, the same as Obama was.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Then doesn't that make Gabbard the Russian stooge?
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X