X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Article

This is a very good article from Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-politics.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

It is a good article, although everyone will denigrate it because it came from Fox. Unfortunately, that case took place long ago under a very different court from the one in power today, which sees its role as making laws rather than determining their constitutionality.

An interesting fact is that it was not the purview of the court to "order" anyone to do anything. The obligation of enforcement rested solely on the shoulders of the Federal government.

And let us not forget that the Court has the power to refuse to hear cases it doesn't like.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-politics.html
      I didn't bother to read Bill Mears' opinion piece (never heard of him and Fox isn't credible usually) Give me a TLDR and why you think it's a good article?

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
        I didn't bother to read Bill Mears' opinion piece (never heard of him and Fox isn't credible usually) Give me a TLDR and why you think it's a good article?
        You don't want to read the link......so you want a TLDR?

What name did you go by before you were banned here?
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Time will tell.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Banned? You create a thread with zero opinion on the piece, you just say "it's a good article." Why is it a good article and even worthy of reading?

I'm surprised some of you haven't been banned for the stories and sources you use. That could be considered trolling.

Comment

Banned? You create a thread with zero opinion on the piece, you just say "it's a good article." Why is it a good article and even worthy of reading?

I'm surprised some of you haven't been banned for the stories and sources you use. That could be considered trolling.
              So could your comments.

Comment

You create a thread with zero opinion on the piece, you just say "it's a good article."
                I clearly gave my opinion:

You don't want to read the article, so what is the point of you posting anything on this thread other than to troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So could your comments.
                  Oh really? Point one out please.

Comment

I clearly gave my opinion:

You don't want to read the article, so what is the point of you posting anything on this thread other than to troll?
                    Nichols gave a link to an article, so he didn't post "zero content." Yes, he could have added his own commentary, but it's clear he was looking for reactions to it from others. I read the link but was disinterested in commenting, myself. You on the other hand, have admitted not reading the link, having no interest in reading the link because you think FOX is neither credible or worth your time to read, and then use an incorrect Internet acronym TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) demanding Nichols explain the article to you as if you were six years old.

Interestingly, you've used the same argument in reverse trying to tell me that CNN is credible even as I post considerable material showing they're not, including commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Nichols gave a link to an article, so he didn't post "zero content." Yes, he could have added his own commentary, but it's clear he was looking for reactions to it from others. I read the link but was disinterested in commenting, myself. You on the other hand, have admitted not reading the link, having no interest in reading the link because you think FOX is neither credible or worth your time to read, and then use an incorrect Internet acronym TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) demanding Nichols explain the article to you as if you were six years old.

Interestingly, you've used the same argument in reverse trying to tell me that CNN is credible even as I post considerable material showing they're not, including commentary.
                      You're right, I shouldn't have posted at all. The article and how it's taken will depend on the persons opinion, not anything else.
                      Bill Mears works at Fox and the piece is an opinion piece. I already explained my stance. Now you go off name calling, isn't that against the rules?

Comment

I haven't "gone off name calling," nor did I use an ad hominem.

Comment

Oh really? Point one out please.
                          Re-read your own postings.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Great point.

I sometimes post article just because the information in them is interesting. Or some interesting stats are in them. Or maybe novel view is in them.

I always thought information sharing was a good part of this forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X