Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

I'm surprised nobody has posted on this. I think she needs to spend some time in the gray bar Hilton. There's no excuse for it. Also, DPD releasing her on her own recognizance seems strange. I'm sure they wouldn't accord the same courtesy to you or I.
    https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/da...lls-man-inside

A good deal of the problem is a result of high crime rates brutalizing society. That said the answer is not normalizing violence to decrease crime. The solution is also not to blame individuals such as this police officer for societies troubles. People do not become police officers to be heroes for most it's a career choice. Until the community respects that career choice the toxic environment on the streets will produce officers that are not committed to minimal force and it's associated risks.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      I'm surprised nobody has posted on this. I think she needs to spend some time in the gray bar Hilton. There's no excuse for it. Also, DPD releasing her on her own recognizance seems strange. I'm sure they wouldn't accord the same courtesy to you or I.
      https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/da...lls-man-inside
      J, correct me if I'm wrong but this officer, since ID'd as Amber Guyger, was off-duty, returned to her home, found some guy in her apartment; she was thus in a position where felt the need to defend herself and protect her property, in her own home, and responded with deadly force. There's only one glaring problem; Guyger was in the wrong apartment, she in fact shot the rightful tenant. She was released informally on her own recog. (informally?) because Guyger hasn't been charged with an offence, the Texas Rangers, who were requested to conduct the investigation, have postponed acquiring a warrant and laying Manslaughter changes as Dallas PS had intended to do. This gal apparently shot a guy last year as well ...

Do I think there may be something else to it? You betcha!
      Last edited by Marmat; 09 Sep 18, 15:16.
      "I am Groot"
      - Groot

Comment

I'm not blaming her for society's troubles. I'm blaming her for shooting an unarmed man in his own apartment because she had a severe case of cranial rectosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post

J, correct me if I'm wrong but this officer, since ID'd as Amber Guyger, was off-duty, returned to her home, found some guy in her apartment; she was thus in a position where felt she need to defend herself and property, in her own home, and responded with deadly force. There's only one glaring problem; Guyger was in the wrong apartment, she in fact shot the rightful tenant. She was released informally on her own recog. because she hasn't been charged with an offence, the Texas Rangers, who were requested to conduct the investigation, have postponed laying Manslaughter changes as Dallas PS had intended to do. This gal apparently shot a guy last year as well ...

Do I think there may be something else to it? You betcha!
          The story is weird since the obvious question is how did she manage to "accidentally" make such a mistake and enter an apartment that was not hers.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

The latest is that he heard noises at his front door and opened it.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

The story is weird since the obvious question is how did she manage to "accidentally" make such a mistake and enter an apartment that was not hers.
              Maybe she was suddenly overwhelmed by society's troubles?
              "I am Groot"
              - Groot

Comment

The latest is that he heard noises at his front door and opened it.
                Got it!

So, assuming she is telling the whole truth, the picture is that she heard the sound of somebody trying to open her (supposedly) apartment's door and then her Texas "training" kicked off and she drew the gun and killed the guy.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post

Maybe she was suddenly overwhelmed by society's troubles?
                  More probable is that she had an incompetent Texas police shooting instructor.

Comment

I'm not blaming her for society's troubles. I'm blaming her for shooting an unarmed man in his own apartment because she had a severe case of cranial rectosis.
                    Pretty much.

Concerning her previous shooting, that one was justified. Scuffle with a suspect, he grabbed her tazer, she shot him.

But this one is simply crazy. Her key didn't fit, and I think she was on the wrong floor! It was an upper end, secure apartment complex.

It seems to me, this cop never should have been one. She was scared, not too bright and armed. I haven't seen her physical stats, but based on her face it looks like she was petite. A really bad combination all around.

A female officer of small size is just inviting a situation like her first incident. I can see her being scared of her own shadow after that. She should have found a new occupation. But that is just conjecture.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

It is not an isolated case.

"In less than a year, juries in the county have convicted two police officers of murder."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-man-apartment

It is not easily dismissed as poor training or a bad recruiting process.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

I feel bad for the victims family, last I heard the DPD wont give up the name of the cop whom killed Botham Shem Jean a 26 year old American man. Imagine how it feels for the family of Jean crying out for justice at least in a honorable and just society they are entitled to know the name of the shooter
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

It was intitally reported the DPD did not give up the shooters name, but that information has come to light,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/09...17-report.html
                          Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                          Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                            I feel bad for the victims family, last I heard the DPD wont give up the name of the cop whom killed Botham Shem Jean a 26 year old American man. Imagine how it feels for the family of Jean crying out for justice at least in a honorable and just society they are entitled to know the name of the shooter
                            It takes a long time for news to get where you are?
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              It is not an isolated case.

"In less than a year, juries in the county have convicted two police officers of murder."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-man-apartment

It is not easily dismissed as poor training or a bad recruiting process.
                              from your link

Typically, Dallas police investigate a shooting by one of their own. But Hall said Saturday that she and her department would no longer have roles in the criminal investigation

This is one example of how procedures need to change. This should not be "typical."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X