Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Now there are reports by his family's lawyer that she had filed noise complaints against him. They shouldn't be that hard to find. If it's legitimate, that would add a whole new dimension to it.
    Could be murder at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
      http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Dal...492820901.html

DALLAS (AP) - The Texas Department of Public Safety says a white Dallas police officer has been arrested on a manslaughter warrant in the shooting of a black man at his apartment.

The department said in a news release Sunday night that Officer Amber Guyger was booked into the Kaufman County Jail and that the investigation is ongoing. It said no additional information is available at this time.

The 30-year-old Guyger killed 26-year-old Botham Jean on Thursday.
      Why are you posting in red?
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
        What I don't like and seem to happen more often than not, the police almost always shoot first, then ask questions later, if they're still alive.
        I never knew that.
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

No, no one with PTSD should be hired as a LEO. Should be barred immediately. I don't know the rules with firefighters and EMT's.
          The topic is police officers, and tons are hired with PTSD. Very dangerous combination. Which is a factor in many shootings.
          So now you're an expert on PTSD?
          My worst jump story:
          No lie.

~
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
            I feel bad for the victims family, last I heard the DPD wont give up the name of the cop whom killed Botham Shem Jean a 26 year old American man. Imagine how it feels for the family of Jean crying out for justice at least in a honorable and just society they are entitled to know the name of the shooter
            Oh?
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Leftists in general, consider themselves experts in everything, they are wise beyond compare, don't you know that?
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• This is the most civil 8 page thread that I think we've ever had in the North America forum. Let's try to keep it that way. Let's keep left/right out of it since it has nothing to do with the incident.

Comment

This is the most civil 8 page thread that I think we've ever had in the North America forum. Let's try to keep it that way. Let's keep left/right out of it since it has nothing to do with the incident.
                  True that, and I apologize, but that comment on PTSP got me pissed off, sorry!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Leftists in general, consider themselves experts in everything, they are wise beyond compare, don't you know that?
                    Many experts are clueless. Thinks it means: Pathway Through the Secret Door
                    My worst jump story:
                    No lie.

~
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• I would guess that a third of all officers with more than five years street duty has some element of PTSD. The numbers go higher with service, assignment to high-voltage units, and the sheer volume of horror seen.

It's hard to get statistics because of thew HEPPA ruies, but I know a lost of officers who are on prescribed anti-depressants.

That's just part of the job. EMTs and firefighters, too.

The job wears you down.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

This is the most civil 8 page thread that I think we've ever had in the North America forum. Let's try to keep it that way. Let's keep left/right out of it since it has nothing to do with the incident.
                        That is really unusual. Too bad we can't do this more often.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Why are you posting in red?
                          It just colors itself that way because of his politics...

Comment

Common sense tells me that hiring people with PTSD to the police force is a bad idea. Given the circumstances of the job. People with PTSD should do more soothing work, like a mobile masseuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

Common sense tells me that hiring people with PTSD to the police force is a bad idea. Given the circumstances of the job. People with PTSD should do more soothing work, like a mobile masseuse.
                              58 posts, all in the North America forum. This is, first and foremost, a history forum. I wonder who you used to be?

Comment

• https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...218333735.html

interestingly there are differences between how the arrest warrant and the search warrant describe the shooting.

the first says that Guygar entered through an unlocked door, saw a dark shape and after a warning fired.

the second mentions witnesses who heard Guygar saying 'let me in' and says Jean confronted Guygar at he door before the shots.

The first was by the Rangers and the second was by Dallas PD.

looks a bit suspicious.
                                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X