No announcement yet.

Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now they are saying that she drove home from work and parked on a different level of the garage. They also say that she tried using her key and then realized the door was ajar. It seems like she wasn't sure where she was until 911 asked her and she went back into the hallway to check the door number. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      Now they are saying that she drove home from work and parked on a different level of the garage. They also say that she tried using her key and then realized the door was ajar. It seems like she wasn't sure where she was until 911 asked her and she went back into the hallway to check the door number. Very strange.
      Sounds as if there is a lot more to the story. She may well be lying. My hunch is that there was a prior connection between the two.
      "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

I'm not sure about that John. Each category is supposed to be per 100,000 i.e. in 1990 50-something blacks per 100,000 committed homicide.

I assume you're saying the numbers on Y-axis are within their own ethnic group and the total is based upon total population regardless of ethnicity.

That could be I guess but if that's the case it certainly not clear. Need to think about it further.

OK- i got it, you're right.
        John is correct. I would have said the same thing. Thanks for getting that in John.

Comment

Well, if she thought she was in her apartment, then realized she wasn't, she would need to check the number.

But it still smells.

Or she could just be an airhead.

It's not like DPD would fire anyone. They're so far under-strength that the Highway Patrol has had to loan them dozens of state troopers so even basic coverage can be maintained. The exodus is so bad the city HR department requires four weeks notice to quit or retire because they are snowed under.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Sounds as if there is a lot more to the story. She may well be lying. My hunch is that there was a prior connection between the two.
            I wouldn't be surprised.

Although the rumors leaking through the grapevine are that she's just flighty enough to be telling the truth. Time will tell. She's got first-rate legal now and donations are flowing into her defense fund, so it should be an interesting show.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

She don't recognize her own furnishings?
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

She don't recognize her own furnishings?
                Supposedly, it was dark. She recognized it after she turned on the lights (after she shot the victim).
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Who knows, why don't we wait until we find out what happened here, but of course we can't, after all this is AGC, and we are all Clairvoyants and Perry Masons here, and we were all there when it happened.
                  Last edited by Trung Si; 11 Sep 18, 21:34.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

If she was in unform would the city be on the hook for a lawsuit from the victimís family? Assuming that it wasnít an intentional killing.

Comment

• https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...who-fired-gun/

More contradictory stories. Witness says that Guygar was banging on the door before the shooting whereas Guygar says door was ajar when she put her key in it. Why would the door be ajar at 10pm at night unless it had just been opened by Jean? Guygar admits to just firing at a 'dark silhouette'..
                      Last edited by Surrey; 12 Sep 18, 10:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                        If she was in unform would the city be on the hook for a lawsuit from the victimís family? Assuming that it wasnít an intentional killing.
                        Depends how the shooting went, which we won't know until the trial. Too many variables.

Comment

• Now there are reports by his family's lawyer that she had filed noise complaints against him. They shouldn't be that hard to find. If it's legitimate, that would add a whole new dimension to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                            https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...who-fired-gun/

More contradictory stories. Witness says that Guygar was banging on the door before the shooting whereas Guygar says door was ajar when she put her key in it. Why would the door be ajar at 10pm at night unless it had just been opened by Jean? Guygar admits to just firing at a 'dark silhouette'..
                            The media needs sensation, so the more time passes, the more rumors get presented as fact. We see this in most of these type incidents,Freddy Gray being a prime example. Brown in Ferguson was another: the media reported he was shot in the back, while kneeling, with his hands in the air, while he was handcuffed, while he was prone.

There's nothing to do but wait for the trial. The media won't have any facts until then.

At this point I wouldn't credit any information that is not part of an official press release, and even then its a 50-50 chance of being true, provided you havbe the entire release and not just some reporter's interpretation or quote.

I give her a 50-50 chance of walking away from this based on the core story and the fact the Rangers delayed getting a warrant, and then went with manslaughter.

TXPC 19.04 (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.

Comment

• Now I know what it means when the USA describes itself as, "The World's Policeman."
                              Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• ...I give her a 50-50 chance of walking away from this based on the core story and the fact the Rangers delayed getting a warrant, and then went with manslaughter
                                Originally posted by the ace View Post
                                Now I know what it means when the USA describes itself as, "The World's Policeman."
                                Yep!

You just heard an ex cop giving a 50-50 chances based " on the core story" of having a police officer walking away of this situation. No bias, just the facts of the "core story." Forget all the talk about possible elevating the charges (and the county DA mentioned that she had some exchange of arguments with the Rangers) or about the fact that even the poster himself cannot explain how the police officer made such a mistake and went to the wrong apartment. What I detect is the hope that some people have to see cops walk away from everything they do!
                                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X