No announcement yet.

Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police departments hiring people with PTSD is a deadly combination. Should be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Yeah, I really have trouble with the 'wrong apartment' aspect.

I have wondered if they shared a ceiling/floor, and he was noisy. She's on 12 hour shifts, which makes sleep desperatly imperative. She gets home, he's laying music or TV loud, she goes up or downstairs to tell him to turn it down, words are exchanged, and so forth.

We'll have to wait a while before the whole story emerges.
      I do not know what happened, but based on what I heard the above could not happen. The information is that she made a mistake and went to the wrong apartment. Such claim must have come from her and obviously it implies that it was not a case of her going to the neighbor to tell him to turn the music down because then we would not learn that she went to the "wrong apartment." Theres is zero reason to suspect the scenario of confronting an obnoxious neighbor playing music loud unless there is an agenda behind such thought of hoping that the blame may be shifted from the police officer to the victim using stereotypes which do not make sense...
      Last edited by pamak; 10 Sep 18, 10:04.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Bill Clinton did... does... that all the time with women...
        There's the OCDS in full swing. You really hate Bill's infidelities but have no problem with Donald's multiple infidelities. Interesting logic.

Comment

Back on topic--the Dallas paper article said that she had parked on the wrong floor while all other stories said that she walked home from work.
          PS-AJR and I are keeping it very civil despite some run ins in the past so the rest can do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

There's the OCDS in full swing. You really hate Bill's infidelities but have no problem with Donald's multiple infidelities. Interesting logic.
            Yea, sure. That's why I used an emoji. I actually, really hate Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
              Police departments hiring people with PTSD is a deadly combination. Should be banned.
              If they were banned, every cop who ever fired a shot in anger would also be fired for the same reason. And how many EMT's and firefighters also have PTSD?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

All we know is that Guyger shot Jean in Jean's apartment. We do not know why Guyger was in Jean's apartment or why she shot him.

She claims that she mistakenly went to the wrong apartment but that is only her word, she could be lying.

But hey, I like many others like to speculate.

If she is telling the truth maybe she mistakenly entered the apartment, Jean heard her and believing her to be an intruder attacked her. She then shot him.
                Alternatively she could be lying and went there deliberately to kill Jean because they had had an affair which meant more to her than him.
                Or perhaps she is a schizophrenic who believes people can walk through walls and that he was secretly watching her through the ceiling like one person I know and shot him.

It could be anything at the moment but we can't take her story as gospel. She could have knowingly entered his flat with the intention to kill.
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                  Back on topic--the Dallas paper article said that she had parked on the wrong floor while all other stories said that she walked home from work.
                  PS-AJR and I are keeping it very civil despite some run ins in the past so the rest can do the same.
                  A very quick side comment is that often people use certain inconsistencies as "proof" to discredit stories in the political field as "fake news" despite the fact that it is more like the norm than the exception to find inconsistencies in every story from publications to witness testimonies without such thing being part of a wide conspiracy to misinform.

Back to the topic
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                    All we know is that Guyger shot Jean in Jean's apartment. We do not know why Guyger was in Jean's apartment or why she shot him.

She claims that she mistakenly went to the wrong apartment but that is only her word, she could be lying.

But hey, I like many others like to speculate.

If she is telling the truth maybe she mistakenly entered the apartment, Jean heard her and believing her to be an intruder attacked her. She then shot him.
                    Alternatively she could be lying and went there deliberately to kill Jean because they had had an affair which meant more to her than him.
                    Or perhaps she is a schizophrenic who believes people can walk through walls and that he was secretly watching her through the ceiling like one person I know and shot him.

It could be anything at the moment but we can't take her story as gospel. She could have knowingly entered his flat with the intention to kill.
                    Correct! It is a possibility that she may have lied. This is also one reason why I said earlier that it does not make sense to believe in the loud music confrontation scenario. In such case (loud music) regardless of if she is truthful or not she could not claim that she entered the wrong apartment. If she is truthful, it makes ZERO chance that she mistook her apartment for another one in which there was loud music playing. If she is a liar, it makes no sense to use as an excuse that she entered the wrong apartment (in which there was loud music). The more logical lie would be to use the classic stereotype of the obnoxious black neighbor who played loud rap music and became aggressive after she asked him to turn the music down which forced her to use her gun...

Comment

She has been charged and will now go through the judicial process for manslaughter. The correct action has been started.

My personal gut feeling on this is that she just finished a long shift and got off on the wrong floor. She walked on the wrong floor to where her apt would located. She probably thought her place were being burgled when the door opened while she was fumbling with her key in the wrong door. She shot as soon as she had him in her sight.

What I don't like and seem to happen more often than not, the police almost always shoot first, then ask questions later, if they're still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

If they were banned, every cop who ever fired a shot in anger would also be fired for the same reason. And how many EMT's and firefighters also have PTSD?
                        In this case it was probably more like PMS than PTSD...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

In this case it was probably more like PMS than PTSD...
                          Sexist...
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

What I don't like and seem to happen more often than not, the police almost always shoot first, then ask questions later, if they're still alive.
                            In America and third world country's.

We should call it for what it is. A disgrace.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No, no one with PTSD should be hired as a LEO. Should be barred immediately. I don't know the rules with firefighters and EMT's.
                              The topic is police officers, and tons are hired with PTSD. Very dangerous combination. Which is a factor in many shootings.

Comment

This is all a tangent since there is currently any evidence that she had PTSD.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X