Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    The latest story is that the door was locked. He heard somebody fooling around at his door and opened it up. My speculation--he looked through his peephole, saw it was a uniformed cop and thought it was safe.
    That's a key question mark for me: some reports said she entered the apartment and the shooting took place inside, others are claiming the two met in the doorway.

If they met in the doorway, her story gains credence; if the shooting took place in the apartment, then she loses credibility as decor and furniture should have been a dead giveaway.

And all this pre-supposes that the deceased was a civilian. So far I haven't seen anything about him other than he was from the Caribbean.

It is a mess.

But shootings often are. Until we get more facts I have to say this one smells, but at the same time I keep in mind that the media is under no obligation to post facts.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Did I or did I not direct the membership back on topic and leave the racial element out of this thread? Continuing to ignore Staff directive will not go well for you.

ACG Staff
      Last edited by Salinator; 09 Sep 18, 21:40.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

He was a graduate of a Church of Christ college in Arkansas and was an accountant for Price Waterhouse.

Comment

@pamak,

Please do not respond to posts that are in violations of ACG Staff directives. It just creates more work for any attendant Staff. Once a warning or directive is issued, ignore any and all posts that are in violations and let the us deal with it.

ACG Staff
          Last edited by Salinator; 09 Sep 18, 21:44.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Dal...492820901.html

DALLAS (AP) - The Texas Department of Public Safety says a white Dallas police officer has been arrested on a manslaughter warrant in the shooting of a black man at his apartment.

The department said in a news release Sunday night that Officer Amber Guyger was booked into the Kaufman County Jail and that the investigation is ongoing. It said no additional information is available at this time.

The 30-year-old Guyger killed 26-year-old Botham Jean on Thursday.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Good. Was she drunk or on other drugs?
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                I doubt it since she just came from work, but I agree with AJR, this story is very strange, but I think we should stop speculating and let the Texas Rangers sort it out, they have a pretty good record of getting to the bottom of things.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  This is a possible explanation....

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I doubt it since she just came from work, but I agree with AJR, this story is very strange, but I think we should stop speculating and let the Texas Rangers sort it out, they have a pretty good record of getting to the bottom of things.
                    Actually, this is EXACTLY why I think it is a possible explanation. And it does not have to be some hard-core drug or that she was high while she was on duty. it may be just medication with side-effects or something that she got to "relax" after she finished her shift.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

The story is weird since the obvious question is how did she manage to "accidentally" make such a mistake and enter an apartment that was not hers.
                      Bill Clinton did... does... that all the time with women...

Comment

I can understand accidentally going to the wrong floor if she was particularly distracted. She would not have to be under the influence to do that. Would be interesting if Jean's flat was directly above or below hers.

But surely she would have realised that something was wrong when her key didn't work?

I have a hunch there is more to this than meets the eye. Are we certain that there wasn't a previous relationship between the two?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45468083
                        Last edited by Surrey; 10 Sep 18, 07:26.
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                          I can understand accidentally going to the wrong floor if she was particularly distracted. She would not have to be under the influence to do that. Would be interesting if Jean's flat was directly above or below hers.

But surely she would have realised that something was wrong when her key didn't work?

I have a hunch there is more to this than meets the eye. Are we certain that there wasn't a previous relationship between the two?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45468083
                          At this point we're not sure of much save her occupation and that he's dead. The media has at least two versions of he event without much detail.

She walked home from work after a 12 hour shift, in uniform, which was her habit apparently. From there it gets blurry.

The official press release is, as usual, kept to the bare bones. Where the media is getting their data (or if they are posting rumors as fact) is unknown.

In Furgeson, the media reported that Brown had been shot in the back, while kneeling, and while in handcuffs, none of which were true.

In the Freddy Gray case what the media reported and what came out under oath at the various trials bore little resemblance to each other.

If I were in charge of this cluster (and I am so thankfully I am not and never will be again), I would look for a connection between the two, and also into the behavior of the officer over the last year. She is thirty years old, the outer limit for the last manifestations of certain mental illnesses to surface. I would also check for head injuries. And, as is customary, a thorough blood scan.

This is a really strange case, if what we are reading is accurate.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The latest, from the Dallas paper (I know) says that she put her key in the door, it opened (due to already being unlocked), she saw someone inside in the dark and immediately shot twice. They also say that he had a bright red doormat, which she didn't, which should have been a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                              The latest, from the Dallas paper (I know) says that she put her key in the door, it opened (due to already being unlocked), she saw someone inside in the dark and immediately shot twice. They also say that he had a bright red doormat, which she didn't, which should have been a clue.
                              Yeah, I really have trouble with the 'wrong apartment' aspect.

I have wondered if they shared a ceiling/floor, and he was noisy. She's on 12 hour shifts, which makes sleep desperatly imperative. She gets home, he's laying music or TV loud, she goes up or downstairs to tell him to turn it down, words are exchanged, and so forth.

We'll have to wait a while before the whole story emerges.

Comment

I like to see a real LE officer come into this thread and weigh in. Its an interesting topic. I will have to talk to some of my LE buddies, they would know and that is what others itt should do.
                                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X