No announcement yet.

Dallas cop shoots man in own apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree with AJRS entire approach to this thread and AJR I recommend you talk to a legit LE officer for advice. Using terms like "Bobo" to describe Barack Obama, laughing at the plight of lgbt people, calling black kids knocking on doors for directions as thugs goes agaisnt the behavior of Policeman and LE in the United States.

I have spoken with a former NYS trooper and Vietnam Vet a longtime poker friend of mine.. He cant stand cops that think they are better then everyone else...he wants the book thrown at corrupt cops. I told my friend about a cop featured on CNBC greed that joined a mafia group in NYC sometime in the late 1990s or 2000s to rob homes and business , that cop got caught and one day short of being able to file for his 80k a year pension lost his job and was arrested. The cop tried to play the hey I was once a good police officer card in court, he tried to sue to get his pension but that did not fly with the judge. He was sentenced to a few years but biggest of all lost his pension, my poker friend did not feel bad for this one time cop whom lost his pension.

Looks like we may have a case of murder here wrt Guyger. What is known, is that the victim was a man of the cross, the man this cop Guyger shot was a commited family man and a Christian.. Here is what the victim Bothom Jeans mom had to say,

Its good to have some insight from American LE even if one disagrees with it. Thanks to the one LE officer that I know of posting itt which is TacCovert4
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 15 Sep 18, 14:26.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

• If somebody follows the conversation, he will see that what I and many others "non-experts" have said is gradually verified by the so called "experts" here despite their initial silence or even attempt to dismiss what the "non-experts" like me have said.

Regarding the Dallas PD, it is obvious that TacCovert thinks they acted unprofessionally when they released information about the investigation ( and even after the Texas Rangers took over) revealing the 10 grams of marijuana in the victim's apartment which has nothing to do with the case (except in Texas as Rimmer kindly reminded us). This certainly seems like an attempt to smear the victim!

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      ... You quoted me stating that I thought the Dallas PD acted unprofessionally in releasing information.

Regarding the Texas Rangers, even Rimmer admits that the choice of charges strongly favors the cop

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer

I admit, the choice of charges strongly favors her, but that's the facts

In other words, we have a case for which the handling by both the Dallas PD and the Texas Rangers stinks!

And this is in a supposedly high profile case when both agencies know that their decisions will be scrutinized. You can imagine their mode of operations in cases when theres is no much publicity, or in cases related to complaints of citizens about cops' behavior that does not involve murder or manslaughter.

Also, we have a clear expression of desire by Rimmer to manufacture facts! The FACT is that the DA, who already stated in public that she had a spirited conversation with the Rangers regarding the charges, has told us what even a non-expert is aware of. That is the JURY will make the decision about the charges. If what Rimmer says is true and if the DA has to prove that the cop is lying when she claims that she thought she was in her apartment, then this is a case of murder with clear intention to kill throughout the whole process from walking to the victim's apartment to pulling the gun and intentionally shooting at the victim!

Finally, think of all the cases in which cops interact with suspects towards the end of their long shifts. If people are willing to accept the claim of a cop that she "accidentally" entered the wrong apartment after her shift as a "reasonable" story because she was too tired, you can imagine how cops can get away with whatever they do under more challenging conditions such as when they interact with suspects. It seems the claim of "I had a long shift and I was tired" must be sufficient to justify whatever they do. By the way, one should notice that her story requires the simultaneous presence of two improbable events. The first one is that she was so confused that she entered the wrong apartment. The second one is that the victims left the door open late at night!
      Last edited by pamak; 15 Sep 18, 17:37.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Well, DPD terminated her for 'adverse conduct' during the service of her warrant. She has the right to appeal, which usually goes in favor of the officer.

Charges are standing at manslaughter, which bodes well for her.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Something just ainít right here. How does anyone mistake a neighbors apartment for their own?
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Something just ainít right here. How does anyone mistake a neighbors apartment for their own?
            Generic apartment building hallway, and no lights on inside the apartment, which (according to the current story) she never actually entered. She sees a male figure coming at her down what she assumes in her own hallway, issues a verbal command, and then fires when he does not stop.

The latest story has her coming home after a 15 hour shift. Either that's a typo or she was working very rough hours.

Since the Rangers are going with Manslaughter, things are looking that it's just Human error. Getting a conviction for Manslaughter will be markedly difficult, as the prosecution has to show her as being reckless, while the Ranger affidavit notes a verbal command issued prior to the shot(s).

Given that she issued a verbal command, it isn't looking like this was a domestic encounter or neighbor squabble.

Very possibly just a very tired person coming home after an unreasonably long shift (after who knows how many other long shifts) and making a simple error.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• I've heard stories about neighbors hearing voices but I haven't heard any that backed her "verbal command" statement.

Comment

• Why is this such a long discussion? If it was the victim entering the cops apartment and offing her there'd be nothing but condemnation.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Well, DPD terminated her for 'adverse conduct' during the service of her warrant. She has the right to appeal, which usually goes in favor of the officer.

Charges are standing at manslaughter, which bodes well for her.
                  If an appeal can excuse her conduct, then we have officially proof that cops operate within a system that is designed to protect even the most incompetent among them.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    I've heard stories about neighbors hearing voices but I haven't heard any that backed her "verbal command" statement.
                    True, but the Ranger affidavit was made under oath, whereas these alleged neighbor statements were made to reporters. Or made up by reporters.

The defense will certainly make good use of that affidavit, as it will undermine the 'reckless' standard imposed upon the prosecution by the choice of charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
                      Why is this such a long discussion? If it was the victim entering the cops apartment and offing her there'd be nothing but condemnation.
                      I think if the victim had a legal carry permit and happened to mistakenly walk into the wrong apartment, what AJR is talking about applies exactly the same and be he would be given the same considerations, if he truly believed he was in his own apartment.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post

I think if the victim had a legal carry permit and happened to mistakenly walk into the wrong apartment, what AJR is talking about applies exactly the same and be he would be given the same considerations, if he truly believed he was in his own apartment.
                        Sure, but not by any ACG member I know.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post

Sure, but not by any ACG member I know.
                          And how would you know? The scenario you suggested has not happen yet. Stop arguing with presumptions.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

You mean the accused person, not the victim. The victim is dead!

I think if a non-LEO person was charged with manslaughter, nobody here (and especially AJR) would question the charges based on a VERY strange story coming from the accused person's side . I will remind people here that in another thread (link below) just a couple of months ago, when a homeowner shot at a kid who knocked on the door to ask for directions (a much more believable story), AJR was the first person who called that kid a miscreant and a little thief who was just checking the houses to find a suitable target.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...for-directions

So, no! It seems that people's stories and claims are not given exactly the same considerations. Very weird stories coming from cops seem to be more credible for some people than way more probable stories coming from non-LEO people..
                            Last edited by pamak; 25 Sep 18, 23:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

You mean the accused person, not the victim. The victim is dead!

I think if a non-LEO person was charged with manslaughter, nobody here (and especially AJR) would question the charges based on a VERY strange story coming from the accused person's side . I will remind people here that just a couple of months ago, when a homeowner shot at a kid who knocked on the door to ask for directions (a much more believable story) AJR was the first person who called that kid a miscreant and a little thief who was just checking the houses to find a suitable target.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...for-directions

So, no! It seems that people's stories and claims are not given exactly the same considerations.
                              IF the current victim was the one that did the shooting and the cop ended up as the victim making the same mistake of walking into a wrong apartment. English vernacular, that Karri seemed to have no issue understanding.

Again the English vernacular, Karri was referring to MEMBERS here not using AJR's idea to defend the current victim if he instead was the shooter. He is clearly wrong as you clearly would be supportive of the guy appealing to AJR's reasoning as the law must work the same whether or not one is a cop or whatever color. I'm sure TactiKill J would. Anthrax would. Craven probably.............and so on.
                              Last edited by Salinator; 25 Sep 18, 23:08.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Yup.

Use of force case law applies to everyone in the USA, not just the police. All use of force must be considered by the perception of the user at the time the force is used.

In cases of apparent self-defense arrests are seldom made. You do the investigation and let Grand Juries sort out who did what to whom. And civilians shoot a lot more criminals than the police. About six a day in the USA, on average, although there's no central stats. But six a day is a reasonable median estimate.

This one is strange because of the 'wrong apartment' aspect. But what what I'm seeing from the few facts available, there's nothing dynamic suggesting that she's lying.

I was very dubious at first, but given that the Rangers obtained a warrant without breaking from her version of events it is looking more like Human error to me.

If she had known the subject or some other gaping hole was found in her story, the Rangers would have asked for a murder charge.

It boils down to two possibilities, based on the facts known at present: she shot down a random tenant in her apartment building

or

she went to the wrong apartment thinking she was going home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X