North Carolina republicans get election advantage by violating the Constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the ethical Democrats :
    Propublica December 21 2011 : How Democrats fooled California's Redistricting Commission .
    Wapo :June 5 2012 : ....Some reports indicated that the Democratic Party,in particular, subverted the process in order to get the map drawn in its favor .
    Big ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      About the ethical Democrats :
      Propublica December 21 2011 : How Democrats fooled California's Redistricting Commission .
      Wapo :June 5 2012 : ....Some reports indicated that the Democratic Party,in particular, subverted the process in order to get the map drawn in its favor .
      Big ethic.
      The courts says so.

Of course, people will always complain, but as long as there is no legal decision this is just the usual partisan complaints...
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        I saw the other thread in which conservatives were trying to present themselves as victims of illegal voting in North Carolina (based on 19 cases of illegal voting), so I decided to start this thread to show the real truth about the real victims of hacks who shamelessly violate the Constitution.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/05/64476...er-court-rules

North Carolina Can Use Gerrymandered Map In November, Court Rules

Judges in North Carolina on Tuesday said that despite declaring the state's electoral map to be unconstitutionally gerrymandered for partisan reasons, there wasn't enough time for the map to be redrawn before midterm elections in November.

"We further find that imposing a new schedule for North Carolina's congressional elections would, at this late juncture, unduly interfere with the State's electoral machinery and likely confuse voters and depress turnout," Judges James Wynn Jr., William Osteen Jr. and W. Earl Britt wrote in their order Tuesday.

Gerrymandering is not unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Gerrymandering is technically illegal, but regular redistricting to ensure the proper breakdown of a state's population is required by the Constitution.

Interestingly, gerrymandering is not prohibited by the Constitution, but rather by the Voter Rights Act of 1965.

So there is no violation of the Constitution.

And since in the USA a person is innocent until a verdict is rendered in a court of record, no one has done anything wrong.

This thread is now complete.
          The troll could not read behind his self-imposed ignorance wall that this thread is based on a court decision about the gerrymandering but felt the need to enlighten us with his stupid comments.

Last edited by pamak; 08 Sep 18, 15:33.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X